• 152 posts

Posted 05 May 2008 - 02:24 AM

what auto said

#26 anto24

anto24
  • Members
  • 156 posts

Posted 05 May 2008 - 02:26 AM

Wise words Stogie.They can leave the bar but the bar never leaves them even if your both crazy in love it will never work with ex bar lb.They think fuck 4 money cause it not love it ok and will do behind ur back for extra money or even 4 fun. :cry:I learned the hard way unfortunitly but now i just look at them as Sex Toys and its so much more easy.I will only do relationship with real girl now.

They can leave the bar but the bar never leaves them

This is the stupidest line I ever hear, and it is used so often by people that don't have a clue.
So you think when someone has worked in a bar, they can never be "normal" again??
Do you think there is there some magic in the bar that transform them in to some kind of monsters that are no longer capable of having feelings for someone again??

Maybe you have been fooled behind your back, but don’t blame all the lb’s because of your misjudgement.

And if you think the gg’s are any easier to handle, good luck.
Maybe you are better of treating them as sex toys, and they will treat you as an walking ATM.. :lol:

We are all walking ATMs in Thailand.And yes all Sex workers are sex toys in my opinion. :)

#27 gaz

gaz
  • Members
  • 626 posts

Posted 05 May 2008 - 02:36 AM

stevie why u want to be in isaan in the first place u told me once u wanted to go to hau hin and open a bar ther what happened to that idea ? :shock:

#28 Guest_Anonymous_*

Guest_Anonymous_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 May 2008 - 02:58 AM

DELETED

#29 freebirdabc

freebirdabc
  • Members
  • 184 posts

Posted 05 May 2008 - 03:13 AM

Just back from a wonderful trip to Isaaaaaaaaaaaan. Near Buriram, close to Lahan Sai.

PJA, said it all...

Snakes, YES
scorpions, NOT FOR ME
deadly venomous centipedes, 3 in 4 days, my gg got crazy on them ;)
malaria, dengue fever, heat, drought. Lucky me...
12 hour power outages( no fans or air for you), only 3 hours, we spend the time fucking in the garden ^^
no felang food Whats the problem about that?
only bugs Hell yeah, really annoying on my first Isaan trip but got used to it quite fast
money borrowing, money lending Stopped counting how many times she got money and gave money to whoever...

People i've never seen before, enter the house like it's their own... they just come and go...

This was my second trip to Isaan. It's not that bad at all, I've done harder camping trips...

BUT I couldn't image to live there! It's nice for a while, I think we'll do it for a 3rd time (depends on my freetime), BUT when I took a nice hot shower 2 hours ago, returned to my airconed room, free of bugs, etc... I knew what I'd be missing, staying there for a long time.

Edit: To lazy to write a long report about spend 9 days total in Isaan. My reports usually don't survive for a long time. Any specific questions will be answered. I just have 9 day exp, but I could write a book about what I've seen there. ^^
The Hotel dose not accept customer from these countries; China, Israle, India, Russia and Arab Countries.

#30 Kinkoy

Kinkoy
  • Members
  • 258 posts

Posted 05 May 2008 - 04:33 AM

the idea of been a agent in rice farming is as im not stupid probaly to keep her family employeed and with food in there home. but some good ideas from bm's like going to stay in her home for a month see if i like the real rural thailand before jumping in and running scared when things arent going to plan.
steviep

Stevie, you gonna watch out, maybe your girl has a dream this could work, but think about the Thais that already organizing the rice trade, to make your money you gonna squeeze out somebody else.
And a falang trying to steal their money wont last long. They will stab you in the back a first chance.
If it was that easy to make money, just move in there and be an "agent", don't you think many would have done it?
I think the Thai rice traders, or agents are big company, read mafia, and they won't have any competition.

But go and visit, and see the countryside for your self. It is different and worth a visit, but live there, NO.
And hold thigh to your money before your invest in anything up country.
I think Phuket/Pattaya/Bangkok is a safer place for a farang to invest.
So dark, the con of man..

#31 happyman

happyman
  • Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 05 May 2008 - 05:42 AM

Do not know about relationship with LB or being a rice agent ( only that rice now about 40 baht a kilo compared to about 10 baht a year ago.) Have stayed in village in Issan a few times and liked it a lot. True its , hot, remote, basic ,but there seems great neighbouly spirit. I was always made most welcome and enjoyed my stays. Do not really know about living there as it really can be hot compared to the coastal regions but somehing tells me you will love the people and the culture. ( By the way there is satelite television, electricity, good food and every modern convenience can be found in towns like Surin )GOODLUCK

#32 gaz

gaz
  • Members
  • 626 posts

Posted 05 May 2008 - 09:43 AM

buger the lb what u going to do for fun look at rice growing instead of pussy and cock from what ive read about u i think u wouldent last 10 days there u be crying for pussy and cock and u lb wont be intrested in u because her family is around herand they wont leave u alone u run out of money before u can say ****

#33 Kahuna

Kahuna
  • Members
  • 111 posts

Posted 05 May 2008 - 01:51 PM

I posted on the other thread where the guys are betting on your chances so I won't repeat it all here...but I well tell you that I tried it mate...it didn't work...They are wonderful folks but lazy as shit...they drink beer and white whiskey and eat nothing but Isaan food and then sleep all day...there is no privacy...your can forget about all the great sex you've had with the girl in your BKK hotel room...it won't happen the one room shack that they call a house...cold baths...Isaan food 3 or 4 times a day...squat toilets...No one to talk with...You will seldom see another farang...

The longest I was able be stay at one time was 30 days or so...and then I invented reasons to leave...and like a fool I went back and forth like yo yo...until the string finally broke...

I will tell you that is was educational though...I learned more about the girls during my trips than I ever could staying in BKK...

But It takes a while to remove all the Isaan dirt from your clothes and body and your mind...but once it's finally washed away, you won't want to return again...

Cheers,

Kahuna

#34 James Taylor

James Taylor
  • Members
  • 180 posts

Posted 05 May 2008 - 03:23 PM

I'd try it, no other way to find out whether you'll like it or not.
1. The food is good.
2. You meet good people, less scams.
3. No fucking tourists.
4. It's quiet in the countryside.
5. If you need a town there's Khorat, Khon Kaen, Ubon or Udon.
6. It's cheap.
7. The family's there to support you if you open a business.
8. Easy to get back to BKK within a day.

#35 Poot Jing again

Poot Jing again
  • Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 06 May 2008 - 05:16 PM

Actually- lets just get extra real for a moment or two.

The average Thai farmer yields around 2 sacks ( casocks) of rice per Rai. The average straight off the field price was Bt 600 - though this year the price has gone through the roof to Bt 1400- this will not last. Prices will be back to nearly normal next year or slightly up - say Bt 700 .

Lets say that Steve requires a minimum of Bt 30,000 a month to live on or $ 1000. To achieve this he would need to sell his rice for Bt 360,000 per year. At Bt 700 a sack that would equate to 514 sacks of rice. At a yield of 2 sacks per rai - he would need 257 rai of land.

The average Thai rice farmer has 15 rai of Naa- paddy field.

And this Bt 360,000 is not all clear profit. For 514 sacks of rice he would have to spend Bt 30,000 plus of fertilizer. Tractors to prepare the 250 rai of gound would cost another Bt 20, 000 and Bt 10000 for seed.

The average Thai rice farmer makes about Bt 10,000 to Bt 15,000 a year off his rice and thats often his only income of cash. half his rice or more he will keep to sow next year and to eat this year. and thats if theres no drought or floods, when he loses it all.
Its incredibly romantic - and thats why so many Isaan rice farmer girls are to be found in Pattaya. A good months work shagging beats fathers annual income.

So does Steves GF have 250 rai of land or the normal 15 rai?

Buy 200 rai at around Bt 30,000 a rai is 6 million baht or $ 200,000 or 100,000 UK sterling.

Go to Isaan with GF for hoildays and live elsewhere- It seems like a pipe dream born of being young with no income except for work. If so, face it. You cannot live here. You dont have the money.

Sorry to be brutal but! :(

I wish you luck but I think you are on a fools errand.

PJA aka Somchai

#36 Phil Lander

Phil Lander
  • Members
  • 2,324 posts

Posted 06 May 2008 - 05:56 PM

Poot Jing you may want to read this thread , but still very good advice for anyone one else thinking of setting up in a village with a Thai.

thttp://www.lb-69.com/forum/6687_love.html&highlight=
Phil Lander by name Phillanderer by nature.
The World is my Oyster - Muwhahahahaha!!
A Ladyboy is never early , neither is she ever late . She turns up precisely when she means to.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Smooci