• Members
  • 834 posts

Posted 04 May 2008 - 02:21 AM

#3 rxpharm

rxpharm
  • Moderators
  • 3,339 posts

Posted 04 May 2008 - 03:00 AM

Well, you could always win the lottery or be struck by lightning twice in the same place!

Some things to consider is she in the p4p (or have a history of) business? If she is or was, the odds are considerably less that it can be successful.

If she has never been in p4p, then the chances are much better.

As with so many things, you won't know unless you try, but if you want it to be work, do all your homework to have the best chance of success!

Good luck!

#4 Guest_Anonymous_*

Guest_Anonymous_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 May 2008 - 04:02 AM

DELETED

#5 laptop

laptop
  • Members
  • 2,090 posts

Posted 04 May 2008 - 04:06 AM

You may be the only one in her heart but not the only one in her bed. Maybe many will disagree with me but i regard cabaret girls as borderline hookers too. :roll:

Regars living in Issan - No way sir. Please think about this. It could never work. I wish you the best but this is not a good idea. Ive been to a few places in Issan. Fucking shithole. While it may be endearing for a short visit, living there long term would break your balls. From your posts you dont seem like a simple fellow so dont move to a simple place.

The only way i would move to los would be if my bank posted me there or i was retired there. And it would not be in Issan.
As kids we're not taught how to deal with success; we're taught how to deal with failure. If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. If at first you succeed, then what?

#6 LBs4Me

LBs4Me
  • Members
  • 81 posts

Posted 04 May 2008 - 04:11 AM

Hi Stevie

It would be a heartening story for all of us if things work out for you.

If the business up north is her idea then she sounds serious about you and you may have a great future in store.

As has been said before, take things slowly and dont burn all your bridges in one go.

Good luck!

#7 Guest_Anonymous_*

Guest_Anonymous_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 May 2008 - 04:12 AM

DELETED

#8 Poot Jing again

Poot Jing again
  • Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 04 May 2008 - 04:36 AM

for me, its not about success in business, i just want to be with her, its her idea we go back up to her home and make business in making rice.
i can live without work but we all need tp do something, its her idea we live in isaan and make rice, she dance in cabaret at moment and im sure she go with customer before as thats how we met, but to be honest im not sure if she does now, ive never said stop working cabaret and never asked if she see customer?
like to belive i only one in heart as she likes to say

stevie

I did living in Isaan once. Snakes, scorpions, deadly venomous centipedes, malaria, dengue fever, heat, drought. 12 hour power outages( no fans or air for you), no felang food only bugs ,weeds, ears and arsholes - basic Isaan diet, markets no refrigeration - bit of Pork mister, heres its head , wooden funeral pyres, open air cremation- stinks but not too much- family - money borrowing, money lending - non repayments - no confrontation - he has a machete and a gun.

Isaan - Love it me - cant wait to go back!:)

PJA aka Somchai

#9 Woof1

Woof1
  • Members
  • 910 posts

Posted 04 May 2008 - 05:20 AM

Well, Give it a go, knowing that Isan is probably the poorest province in Thailand, and as mentionned above has all of the inconvenients of just That, being Poor, Making ends meet.
Loves nourishes the mind but not the Stomach.
Give it a try, who knows, you may be able to walk away from the modern world all together.
I did try to go back in time once, lasted a month. First 2 weeks are the Thrill and the discovery of something new, the peace of mind and so on and so forth, then the first fly in the ointment happens, and trying to solve something simple in the western mind, takes on a whole new meaning in a Basic environment, Frustration take place completely missunderstood by the locals, and then the clash comes.
Good luck to you
So many LB So Little Time

#10 laptop

laptop
  • Members
  • 2,090 posts

Posted 04 May 2008 - 05:40 AM

Woof

While it may be endearing for a short visit

Then it will be exactly as PJT says:

Snakes, scorpions, deadly venomous centipedes, malaria, dengue fever, heat, drought. 12 hour power outages( no fans or air for you), no felang food only bugs ,weeds, ears and arsholes - basic Isaan diet, markets no refrigeration - bit of Pork mister, heres its head , wooden funeral pyres, open air cremation- stinks but not too much- family - money borrowing, money lending - non repayments - no confrontation - he has a machete and a gun.

The above is spot on. Ive been to Koen Kane, Kalasin, Salachram and Udon Thani. Bloody mental places. Probably only a shade more fun than sub Saharan Africa. I think you would need to be a special person to even consider living here. As far as I am concerned I think the Isan region can be well explained by Jack Nicholson.

Issan girl -"How do you write so well about the Issan region?"
Jack Nicholson" I think of a man, and I take away reason and accountability."
As kids we're not taught how to deal with success; we're taught how to deal with failure. If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. If at first you succeed, then what?

#11 gareth75

gareth75
  • Members
  • 356 posts

Posted 04 May 2008 - 07:26 AM

laptop u dont have a clue about isaan :shock:

#12 trentnsocal

trentnsocal
  • Members
  • 265 posts

Posted 04 May 2008 - 08:56 AM

Hi Stevie..........Just a few questions for you? 1.You and your ladyboy are thinking about moving to Issan and be rice farmers? Thats the equivalent of Forest Gump and Bubba wanting to be shrimp boat captains. Working 16 hour days in the rice fields (swamps), to make $5 a day? Am i getting this right?I can see you relocating to Pattaya or Bangkok or any other modern city in Thailand, maybe opening a small business and falling in love and being happy. But you and your ladyboy wouldnt last 2 hours cultivating rice in Issan.
2. Do your friends and family know that your in love with a ladyboy....?
3. Are you on any form of prescription medication?

I have a great proposition for you my friend. Im sure we could get a huge bet for you and give you a great start towards your dream. I would be willing to bet and im sure about 99.9 % of the other boardmembers would bet that you wouldnt last 30 days in your GF's hut/village in Issan. If your game, we couldnt start putting together the wager? Please let me know, because im always looking to make some easy money.

Im not being mean Stevie Gump, im just trying to give you a reality check here, because you have absolutely lost your F'N mind.
Cheers!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Smooci