DELETED

• Please log in to reply
75 replies to this topic

#13 stogie bear

stogie bear
  • Members
  • 143 posts

Posted 04 May 2008 - 11:07 AM

Of course it can be done. It's easy. I've done it and lived with a ladyboy for years on almost no money...

GO FOR IT!

But if you met her in a bar or she has ever been in a farang bar in her life then forget it.

#14 Phil Lander

Phil Lander
  • Members
  • 2,324 posts

Posted 04 May 2008 - 02:03 PM

Stevie , if it was me thinking about doing this I would seriously think of going to her village for a month and live like a Thai , no poping down to town to pick up any luxuries , not drinking every night , not watching any farang TV , not having a decent conversation etc.

I managed five days in my wifes village/farm and it drove me barmy , not only was there no airconditioning (it was October so warm enough) , I could not get any sleep because the houses are built so poorly . Everybody does what they want anytime of the day or night so it was noisey plus cocks seem to crow all night . When visiting friends they would stick me in a corner with the soccer on ( I dont normally watch soccer) . The income from running a Rice farm will not go very far either. And what would you do the rest of the year while waiting for the rice to be harvested? get drunk and fight like most of the Thais . At least some have the brains to go to Sinapore and work on building sites.

It you do go for it make sure you have an escape plan .
Phil Lander by name Phillanderer by nature.
The World is my Oyster - Muwhahahahaha!!
A Ladyboy is never early , neither is she ever late . She turns up precisely when she means to.

#15 peterg123

peterg123
  • Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 04 May 2008 - 02:28 PM

To even be considering this idea, you must have sincerely and totally lost your mind. It will never work. It's that simple. Sorry.....
Am coming to LOS on 2nd Tour May 08

#16 Guest_Eric1966_*

Guest_Eric1966_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 May 2008 - 03:19 PM

Nope..not a chance in hell.....course if you had about $5,000 a month it would make your chances slightly better....

#17 Poot Jing again

Poot Jing again
  • Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 04 May 2008 - 04:08 PM

Of course it can be done. It's easy. I've done it and lived with a ladyboy for years on almost no money...

GO FOR IT!

But if you met her in a bar or she has ever been in a farang bar in her life then forget it.

But did you actually live in Isaan.? Might it have been in bangkok where one can avail oneself of certain free things - like staying cool- go to a shopping Mall and sit and read a book- not so in truly rural Isaan -

Even In a Capital city like Bangkok - once the rent and elec are paid- you can live fairly cheaply as Thais do. And you have modernish facilities if you need them. I think living cheaply in say Bangkok is a very different proposition to living in rural Isaan.

But you may know different. :)

PJA aka Somchai

#18 pog1701

pog1701
  • Members
  • 540 posts

Posted 04 May 2008 - 07:46 PM

Well go for it, though I think there is a reason why people want to live in Western Europe & USA and holiday in the LOS.
Hey

#19 Automorph

Automorph
  • Members
  • 1,143 posts

Posted 04 May 2008 - 10:03 PM

I go away from the forum for a week and all sanity and reason have left!!!

Stevie, most everything of value has already been said. I'll add my 2 baht to the mix.

If you're heart set on trying to live in rural Thailand, then you have to do what you feel is right (no matter how insane it appears to others).

That said, why not try and more graduated approach and rather than commit to this grand rice farming/distribution plan right off, go and plan to spend a month in your LB's village as a GUEST, but live exactly like the locals and get a flavor for what life will really be like.

Aside from the issues with a relationship with a cabaret girl and the thai mentality (which I won't bother going into, as you're in enough barney with this Issan thing anyway), you can determine if this will be a fit for you.

DON'T under any circumstances make any changes to your life back home, sell the house and car, give away the pets and quit your job. If work's an issue, take a leave.

Think, deliberate and then think again.

Your mileage may vary.

Auto
Never try and teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig.

#20 anto24

anto24
  • Members
  • 156 posts

Posted 04 May 2008 - 11:25 PM

GO FOR IT!

Wise words Stogie.They can leave the bar but the bar never leaves them even if your both crazy in love it will never work with ex bar lb.They think fuck 4 money cause it not love it ok and will do behind ur back for extra money or even 4 fun. :cry:I learned the hard way unfortunitly but now i just look at them as Sex Toys and its so much more easy.I will only do relationship with real girl now.

#21 Poot Jing again

Poot Jing again
  • Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 05 May 2008 - 12:54 AM

GO FOR IT!

Wise words Stogie.They can leave the bar but the bar never leaves them even if your both crazy in love it will never work with ex bar lb.They think fuck 4 money cause it not love it ok and will do behind ur back for extra money or even 4 fun. :cry:I learned the hard way unfortunitly but now i just look at them as Sex Toys and its so much more easy.I will only do relationship with real girl now.

There are many exceptions I know and to those that are in really long term relationships with LBs, I take my hat off to you and what I say does not apply to you selves.

In my experience, the majority of guys who like LBs are also promiscuous- like to play the field. Of the long term relationships that I know which usually break up at around a year- its the guy that walks to pastures new- bored with the old- looking for a fuckfest. And if thats what you like do it. Ive no problem with it. Its just maybe better to recognize this before you settle down and save all the heartache- and all that money- house car- pickup - fishfarm!

The other part of Stogies post is significant. He talks on not going with Lbs who have worked the bar scene. You talk of now only settling down with a RG. What about those RGs who have also worked the bar or indeed haven't. I got involved with a girl from Buriram- She worked in a bar for 1 month only - not enough to learn the exploitation rules. But that simple non bar girl took me for a house worth 3 million Baht.

Experienced in bars or not. LB or RG. i dont think it matters. What it boils down to is what you are made of and what they are made of. Worth spending a little time finding that out- especially about oneself.

Cheers

PJA aka Somchai

#22 Poot Jing again

Poot Jing again
  • Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 05 May 2008 - 01:06 AM

GO FOR IT!

There are many exceptions I know and to those that are in really long term relationships with LBs, I take my hat off to you and what I say does not apply to you selves.

In my experience, the majority of guys who like LBs are also promiscuous- like to play the field. Of the long term relationships that I know which usually break up at around a year- its the guy that walks to pastures new- bored with the old- looking for a fuckfest. And if thats what you like do it. Ive no problem with it. Its just maybe better to recognize this before you settle down and save all the heartache- and all that money- house car- pickup - fishfarm!

The other part of Stogies post is significant. He talks on not going with Lbs who have worked the bar scene. You talk of now only settling down with a RG. What about those RGs who have also worked the bar or indeed haven't. I got involved with a girl from Buriram- She worked in a bar for 1 month only - not enough to learn the exploitation rules. But that simple non bar girl took me for a house worth 3 million Baht.

Experienced in bars or not. LB or RG. i dont think it matters. What it boils down to is what you are made of and what they are made of. Worth spending a little time finding that out- especially about oneself.

Cheers

PJA aka Somchai

Sorry mods double posted. Please delete one ( or both if youve a mind to!)

#23 Kinkoy

Kinkoy
  • Members
  • 258 posts

Posted 05 May 2008 - 01:34 AM

They can leave the bar but the bar never leaves them

This is the stupidest line I ever hear, and it is used so often by people that don't have a clue.
So you think when someone has worked in a bar, they can never be "normal" again??
Do you think there is there some magic in the bar that transform them in to some kind of monsters that are no longer capable of having feelings for someone again??

Maybe you have been fooled behind your back, but don’t blame all the lb’s because of your misjudgement.

And if you think the gg’s are any easier to handle, good luck.
Maybe you are better of treating them as sex toys, and they will treat you as an walking ATM.. :lol:
So dark, the con of man..

#24 laptop

laptop
  • Members
  • 2,090 posts

Posted 05 May 2008 - 01:59 AM

They can leave the bar but the bar never leaves them
This is the stupidest line I ever hear, and it is used so often by

But as a generalization i think it is fair enough. It is safer to think this.
As kids we're not taught how to deal with success; we're taught how to deal with failure. If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. If at first you succeed, then what?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Smooci