• Please log in to reply
527 replies to this topic

#469 koykaeng

koykaeng
  • Members
  • 6,477 posts

Posted 29 May 2008 - 07:16 PM

Day 14

Checked out of The Dynasty Grande, and took one of the hotel cars to Bangkok International Suvarnabhumi Airport to catch my flight to Chiang Mai. Thai Airways was quite a bit dearer than Nok Airways and the other no thrills operators, however they appear to be one of the only operators flying the domestic routes out of Suvarnabhumi. The other domestic carriers have all been relocated back to the old Don Muang, so depending on your connecting flights, etc, it's worth making sure you have enough time between flights and /or airports. :wink:

The flight to Chiang Mai left on schedule, and landed accordingly. The baggage seemed to take an eternity to appear, but eventually popped out on the conveyer. Grabbbed a private taxi to the Imperial Mae Ping Hotel, located close to all the action, and checked in only to find the room I'd been allocated had two single beds. :( Called down to reception, and arranged to change to a room with a Queen Size bed.

Went for a walk with the aim of finding Suk Sabai Massage, which I soon found.

Suk Sabai massage is located near the South East corner of the moat wall, same road as the one bordering Pantip Plaza at the end of Chang Klan Rd. The business is supposed to be owned by a former Casanova Ladyboy that financed the set-up with her savings from the Casanova days. Previously she had been known as Christina, and now she calls herself Tou. A two hour massage will set you back about 250 or 300 baht. Alot of money appears to have been spent setting up the massage studio, and it features a nice lobby and air conditioned massage area upstairs.

Entered the small shop, but the main attraction, Tou, was busy administering a foot massage to one of two Thai Chinese older gentlemen, whilst an oldish Thai lady looked after the other.

I enquired about a foot massage, and Tou quickly picked up the phone and summonsed some Thai girl to the shop to provide me with my foot massage. Before this girl had laid a finger on me, it was obvious she had virtually no idea what she was doing, and gave me the worst massage I've ever had in my life, and that's saying something.

I didn't realise at the time, but later that day I noticed she had left me with these red welts behind my knees. :cry: After the torture session was over, I did manage to talk with Tou, and explain my interest in ladyboys and association with this website. Never bothered returning to Suk Sabai after that incident, but I got the impression that Tou herself was quite proficient, and whilst no oil painting, may satisy your urges should you find yourself up North.

Attached Files

• Attached File  LB.jpg   174.33KB   3165 downloads

Sign in pub "In case of fire - break glass". Now my beer's gone everywhere, and there's still a fire.

#470 koykaeng

koykaeng
  • Members
  • 6,477 posts

Posted 29 May 2008 - 08:29 PM

Day 14 continued....

Man can not live on ladyboys alone, so with that in mind, headed out for some dinner before resuming the hunt in Chiang Mai.

Ended up at one of my favourite & cheapest places in Chiang Mai, the Garare Food Court, which comprises a large open-air food court & free Thai classical dance performances nightly. The place operates a coupon system, but for around 30 Baht for a plate of freshly cooked food, its hard to beat.

Attached Files

Sign in pub "In case of fire - break glass". Now my beer's gone everywhere, and there's still a fire.

#471 koykaeng

koykaeng
  • Members
  • 6,477 posts

Posted 30 May 2008 - 06:17 PM

Day 14 continued....

With Dinner out of the way, decided to pay a visit to Marina Bar, in the hope some new talent may have surfaced. A couple of old faces still on deck, and some new talent too. Quite a number of the former Marina Bar 'girls' had moved to the Shamrock Bar, also located in the same complex.

The Marina Bar & Shamrock Bar are both located inside the Chiang Mai Entertainment Centre. This centre contains some thirty bars with pool tables, loud music and local girls. There is a Thai boxing exhibition at 8:30 - 9.00 pm and a ladyboy cabaret at 10.30 pm every night. Located at 96-98 Loi Kroh Road

Photos below are of Far in the white, and Torn in the pink....
Far has now relocated to the Shamrock Bar, but was visiting Marina Bar when I shot those first few photos.

Attached Files

#472 koykaeng

koykaeng
  • Members
  • 6,477 posts

Posted 30 May 2008 - 06:21 PM

Day 14 continued....

A couple more shots from Marina Bar.

Attached Files

#473 Automorph

Automorph
  • Members
  • 1,143 posts

Posted 30 May 2008 - 06:27 PM

Hey KK:

Are they doing "the disco hustle" or the "macarena"? They sure look like they're having fun in any case!!!

Auto
Never try and teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig.

#474 koykaeng

koykaeng
  • Members
  • 6,477 posts

Posted 30 May 2008 - 06:34 PM

Hey KK:

Are they doing "the disco hustle" or the "macarena"? They sure look like they're having fun in any case!!!

Auto

Not sure which manouvre they were attempting to execute, however this is a regular happenning at this particular bar.

Here is a photo from 2006, and they were still busting out their dance routines. 8)

Cheers
Koykaeng

Attached Files

#475 soulboy

soulboy
  • Members
  • 1,346 posts

Posted 31 May 2008 - 01:55 AM

Ah nice to see Coco (the big indian ) again , a real fun girl :lol:

#476 koykaeng

koykaeng
  • Members
  • 6,477 posts

Posted 31 May 2008 - 07:15 AM

Ah nice to see Coco (the big indian ) again , a real fun girl :lol:

Hi Soulboy,

Yes, Coco aka Torn is a really lovely individual who speaks excellent English and has a great sense of humour. Always nice to see her again. :)

Cheers
Koykaeng

#477 koykaeng

koykaeng
  • Members
  • 6,477 posts

Posted 31 May 2008 - 07:31 AM

Day 14 continued....

As I've attempted to express on countless ocassions, you wouldn't consider a trip to Chiang Mai for the purpose of meeting ladyboys however if your travels take you there, it's certainly nice to know where to find some action. :wink:

After one or two Heineken at Marina Bar, left and wandered over to the Shamrock Bar in the same beer bar complex. The Shamrock Bar is actually not too bad, as it has a large pool table, and I found it very relaxed.
I probably preferred this venue over Marina Bar this time around. Again, let me stress that you won't be meeting the same quality or quantity you would find in Bangkok, Pattaya or Phuket, but there are still a few gems if you take the time and effort to look.

Speaking of gems, I met this very cute LB at the Shamrock Bar named Pim, although I must confess the photos (below) really don't do her justice. :(

Attached Files

#478 koykaeng

koykaeng
  • Members
  • 6,477 posts

Posted 31 May 2008 - 07:40 AM

Day 14 continued....

A few more snaps from the Shamrock Bar...

Attached Files

#479 AdventureDude

AdventureDude
  • Members
  • 281 posts

Posted 31 May 2008 - 02:53 PM

Pim sure looks good to me especially in 355 - even better in person? Maybe Chiang Mai will be in my future! As always great reporting!!

#480 koykaeng

koykaeng
  • Members
  • 6,477 posts

Posted 01 June 2008 - 11:35 AM

Day 14 continued....

I've known Far (pictured immediately below) for a couple of years, and although I've only taken her home with me once, always enjoy catching up with her for a drink and a chat. I had been asking Far about a few new venues that I wanted to visit, and she kindly offered to play tour guide. :)

I know Chiang Mai reasonably well, but it does make it easier to locate new bars when you have a local showing you the way. It's also nice when the ladyboy showing you around seems to know all the other ladyboys you come across in your travels.

First stop was a visit to Jennifers new bar called Rosebud Bar, however on the night we passed by, it was dead as a door nail. :( Infact Jennifer herself wasn't even present. Didn't get a chance to pop back again to see whether that was just an 'off' night, or whether this was normal.

The only glimmer of interest was a "ladyboy chef" outfront, who seemed to have a nice little business going, cooking Isaan inspired cuisine for all the lovely Karaoke girls in the venue right next door. We sat and had some Isaan food, and a few bottles of beer as the mosquitos devoured my sweet farang body. :D

BTW, this bar is located on Moonmuang Rd. If you walk up Loi Kroh Rd, heading away from the Night Market, you will eventually reach Moonmuang Rd. Cross over the river to the other side of the road, and turn left. It's only a short stroll from Loi Kroh Rd.

Attached Files

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Smooci