• Please log in to reply
153 replies to this topic

#85 essex boy

essex boy
  • Members
  • 273 posts

Posted 06 February 2010 - 09:57 PM

hi guys
i just booked the aspery hotel in patong has anybody stayed there befour?
i booked for 4 nights in april and same in august only 1180 baht a night.
it has a big pool and spa and the room looks nice with balcony and dvd player and free wifi.
it says gay friendly and 5 min walk to bangla and HQ.
anyone stayed b4?
cheers essexboy

#86 ScottishLadyboyTerrorist

ScottishLadyboyTerrorist
  • Members
  • 1,343 posts

Posted 19 March 2010 - 04:16 AM

Baan Sukothai Hotel - Directly oposite soi where HQ is located.

I was kindly given some information on this hotel by jimbo34. The hotel looks lovely and has all the trappings of an expensive place to rest your weary heads. (Aye, both of them!!)

Room prices vary, but are in the 3,800 to 5,850 range. They look to cater to the family orientated clientele or older, refined groups. They are lb friendly but this comes at a price of 1000 baht joiners fee.

The hotel is gorgeous and very well laid out, has loads of room in the grounds and ir right in the heart of Bangla Rd. Just a pity about the joiners fee....

Email address is www.baansukhothai.com

#87 Guest_flexxy46_*

Guest_flexxy46_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 April 2010 - 04:31 PM

Latest on LB friendly hotels in Patong with pool please

Any tips for mid May?

#88 Crackerjax

Crackerjax
  • Members
  • 1,727 posts

Posted 07 May 2010 - 04:55 PM

Same question as Flexxy above:

Looking for a change (and a pool), I'm leaving the cocoon of The Place to Stay after a number of visits there over the years.

Thanks to the past BM recommendations, I'm currently considering quotes from:

Salathai - Superior Room (suite also availabale)
Saladee (Biopho sister property) - Exec Deluxe Room No. 22
Yorkshire - Large Double Deluxe

Anyone have experience with all of these properties and willing to make a comparison/recommendation?

#89 PapiBear

PapiBear
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 June 2010 - 09:47 AM

Lots of great advice on the board, but I can't quite seem to find what I'm looking for. Would love suggestions. I'm trying to find a place that is:
1. LB friendly (Duh); modest JF is fine.
2. Beautiful/tranquil/peaceful/spacious. In addition to punting, I want to be able to lie in my room, look out the door/window and see natural beauty, relax, read, maybe hang out by the pool or beach.
3. A bungalow, or something like it. The idea of vacationing in a building with an elevator just creeps me out.
4. Not too far from the action, but not necessarily right on top of it either. (cf Tranquil)
5. Up to about BHT 3300/night (I'm only going a few nights, so I might as well have a nice place.)

Any suggestions?

#90 Crackerjax

Crackerjax
  • Members
  • 1,727 posts

Posted 03 June 2010 - 10:46 AM

I ended up staying at the Salathai at the end of May. It is a medium sized property (I'm guessing maybe 80-100 rooms) laid out with 2-3 low-rise buildings surrounding a decent sized pool and gardens. Very good location (a three minute walk from the beach and one block over from Bangla Road), yet very quiet.

Room was decent sized and had all the basics (incl ass hose for the fastidious :D ). The decor is nothing special but the bed is very comfortable (albeit a bit small if you like LT 3-somes :harhar:). The AC is not overly freezing, and the free wifi was strong throughout the hotel. A spacious balcony (patio on first floor) overlooks the garden/pool.

I never made it to breakfast (surprise, surprise) but the restaurant served an excellent western lunch and there is a salad bar and grill in the evening. Very helpful travel/tour desk was able to arrange discounted tee times on short notice.

All in all a most satisfactory stay with one major caveat - they charged me a 500 baht joiner's fee for a second guest. :redcard: This is not necessarily a huge issue as I do find my mongering style is a bit more laid back when I'm in Phuket as opposed to Pattaya or Bangkok, but generally speaking this is a big no-no for me and may well keep me from returning to the Salathai in the future.

#91 PapiBear

PapiBear
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 June 2010 - 11:05 AM

albeit a bit small if you like LT 3-somes :harhar:).

Only 3?

Good point though. Need to add "Large Bed" to my list.
:blush:

#92 AdventureDude

AdventureDude
  • Members
  • 281 posts

Posted 06 June 2010 - 03:25 PM

I had a night at the Yorkshire. I thought I had booked a large double deluxe. I actually booked in person and paid cash a day in advance. But in fact something got lost in translation and I ended up with a standard room. Sigh. It WAS my fault - not the Yorkshire Inn's fault. The standard is small but clean. The 'large king size bed' really a smallish queen size. I'm crossposting a pic from my report so you can see the actual bed size with 2/3 of a threesome in it.

The Inn is clean, well maintained and has a nice pool. The internet was reliable and fast. The restaurant is quite good with a pleasant staff and cute little flat screen TVs in each booth so you can watch the sporting event of your choice.

It's 30-50 meters down the soi directly opposite Soi Bangla. Plenty of other restaurants to choose from and totally convenient. A few short minutes from that Jungceylon Mall for those who shop...

I'l l stay there again but be sure to book the correct room with the DELUXE king size bed!

Attached Files

#93 Nick Bullseye

Nick Bullseye
  • Members
  • 2,009 posts
  • LocationParis, France

Posted 07 July 2010 - 11:01 PM

Hello guys.

Did somebody of you stay in the Royal Paradise Hotel? Is it good? Is it LB friendly? Do they want a joyner fee for a guest or for the 2nd guest (and more...)?

I am looking for a nice hotel in Patong Beach, Phuket, not far from Bangla Road, with a large room having good air-condition (not too cold, not oriented on the bed, with effective thermostat, remote controled), having a balcony (a must!), having a pool (preferable soft constraint), with a nice bathroom, with strong and free internet (or at least not expensive), with a large king-size bed, and - of course - ladyboy friendly without joiner fee even if I take there 3 LBs from C&D.

I know C&N hotel (no pool, weak internet in the room, bathroom not nice, never been able to wake up for the breakfast) and Baipho (nice hotel, but with steep stairs - Patricia did not like because of high heels, bathroom so-so). How about Yorkshire Inn, Summer Breeze Hotel, and especially Royal Paradise Hotel. Some other ideas satisfying my constraints? (I know I am difficult :angel: :giveup: )

Thanks in advance.

Nick Bullseye

#94 zokk

zokk
  • Members
  • 185 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 03:23 PM

Stayed at the Summer Breeze Hotel Last year and I don' think it would suit your needs, no pool but they did have an agreement with another Hotel to use their pool, room I had was small as was the bed but it was clean.
Black out the windows, it's party time.

#95 MrDragon

MrDragon
  • Members
  • 301 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 11:18 PM

Have just been using Royal Paradise one time..& as a short time adventure with 2 C&D girls a few years back..
Not really fair to judge on that one time visit only but I did find it a bit mouldy & not so high standard..Things might have changed since then. But can confirm it was ladyboy friendly :harhar:

Your list of "needs" is a bit hard to cover BullsEye..

www.tigerinnpatong.com might be worth a look..no swimming pool though..& a bit further to walk than to the Royal Paradise,but on the other hand not that far from the beach. Ladyboy friendly 8)
Live in the real world,its the only one that matters..

#96 Alaskan Bear

Alaskan Bear
  • Members
  • 740 posts
  • LocationAnchorage , Alaska

Posted 09 July 2010 - 01:02 AM

Have just been using Royal Paradise one time..& as a short time adventure with 2 C&D girls a few years back..
Not really fair to judge on that one time visit only but I did find it a bit mouldy & not so high standard..Things might have changed since then. But can confirm it was ladyboy friendly :harhar:

Your list of "needs" is a bit hard to cover BullsEye..

www.tigerinnpatong.com might be worth a look..no swimming pool though..& a bit further to walk than to the Royal Paradise,but on the other hand not that far from the beach. Ladyboy friendly 8)

very nice hotel how far from LBHQ
any maps to show , rates are ok like the look of the suites .
any more info on this place do any gg hang out their looking for p4p.
thank you for any info
May God have mercy upon my enemies, because I won't.

General George Patton Jr

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Smooci