• Please log in to reply
333 replies to this topic

#37 jimbo34

jimbo34
  • Members
  • 9,813 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 05:04 PM

Wednesday

Things going too well to have a rant today, except that i'm about to book a trip back to Blighty. And the fares seem gargantuan!

#38 Moo Yung

Moo Yung
  • Administrators
  • 649 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 06:03 PM

Just booked a flight for next month to UK, 42,000 Baht, British Airways.. Fares are pretty steep at the moment, there were no deals to be found for my dates.. Good luck! 

Find us on facebook: LADYBOYFORUM

#39 jimbo34

jimbo34
  • Members
  • 9,813 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 06:52 PM

I only found a few savings if i go via Doha or mumbai. can't be arsed with that, so booked for 22nd Sept at 37,000 Bt. Broke my heart. And my fooking wallet!

#40 anicon

anicon
  • Members
  • 200 posts
  • LocationBigfoot Country

Posted 15 August 2013 - 06:39 PM

MY SEMI-RANT for Jimbo, you missed a golden opportunity to get rid of those dilapidated pieces of worn out seats called bar stools; can't help but notice 'em from the pics you and your buddies have submitted over the years how they've slowly disintegrated into remnants that once were vinyl coverings. (Kitty trying to hide worn-out seats!)

Attached File  2012 seat pic.jpg   91.75KB   0 downloads

..now don't get me wrong Jim, your customers don't frequent your club for the elegant furnishings, and renovation costs probably aren't in your budget right now, but that truck would have been an excellent opportunity to get rid of them at no cost and possibly a theft claim to boot, courtesy of the driver parked where he wasn't supposed to be..  if nothing else it might make a hilarious scene addition to HANGOVER 4 if they ever come back to LOS for a sequel..     :lol:

.. now I'm not one to criticize without offering a solution Jim, and the forum members who frequent your distinguished club can step up and make this happen with little cost to you.. if we, the loyal followers of your time honored establishment, will sponsor a new or recovered bar stool with the option of having our forum name embossed on the top, or some facsimile therof, to show our support for maintaining the high standards of your establishment, I'll step up and offer my donation for the 1st new seat cover or bar stool...(whew!)  :tada:

... so what options do we have here forum members:

1.  it's none of your damn business what Jimbo's club looks like!  :FU:

2.  nah, Jimbo can let the place run down if he wants to..  :whistle:

3.  save the girls bums & furnish a nice new, soft, seat cushion!  :cheer:

Attached File  2012 chair pic resize.jpg   26.93KB   0 downloads

..OK FORUM MEMBERS, LET'S HELP JIMBO REPLACE HIS WORN OUT BAR STOOLS!

.. not young enough to know everything & not old enough to have done everything!

#41 jimbo34

jimbo34
  • Members
  • 9,813 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 07:07 PM

If you care to take a look at more recent pics, anicon, you will see that ALL the seats (56 of 'em) have been re-covered. Whats more the place has had a lick of paint, new signage, new website, and features as #1 in the "Nightlife" section of Trip Advisor.

We're doing our best to make customers as comfortable and welcome as we can, despite difficult economic times!

I appreciate your call to arms mate, but i've already had some help from our Elite Club, who will, in due course, receive the recognition they deserve.

#42 boomdraw

boomdraw
  • Banned
  • 735 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 10:20 AM

''High-end European visitors were already abandoning Patong for Khao Lak: ''Unless we turn things around on Phuket, more will leave.''

quotes like this concerning Phuket have already taken her down a notch, I say keep it gully, Phuket is already upscale enough n over priced, I say let the fuckers leave, let all the people who come to Phuket to bang bang it up and the upscale hi so mo foe's can go to kah lanta and sleep on egyption cotton and enjoy 200 baht coconuts.

#43 jimbo34

jimbo34
  • Members
  • 9,813 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 12:07 PM

Boomers: the only thing overpriced is the public transport.

That quote, from Phuketwan, was in reaction to the downpricing of resorts (made by a resort owner) to accomodate the hordes of gormless Chinese - the so-called zero-baht tourists, who are curently cluttering up the pavements and shopping centres. He rightly wants a return of the higher end tourists (who used to fill his resort) rather than pig-ignorant russians in winter, and mindless aotomaton chinese in summer.

#44 mardhi

mardhi
  • Members
  • 2,245 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 03:47 PM

You have to admire the ability to get an angle out of this 'clean-up':-

Land Transport is planning to call together the leading 50 Chinese tour companies, plus 20 Russian-related brands, to determine how many good-quality tour buses are needed to serve the market next high season.

''Too many of the buses in use on Phuket are old and in need of constant attention,'' he said. ''We will help the operators to find new buses so there's no need for taking risks with brakes and clutches.

''Phuket is too hilly for many of the old buses.''

Sounds like a new bus order on the cards.   Keep those hand's in the trough boys.

Full article:- http://phuketwan.com...e-phuket-18625/

#45 jimbo34

jimbo34
  • Members
  • 9,813 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 07:39 PM

Friday 16th August

Save The Pig!

Because of the difficulties (which i won't go into) in getting a B visa here in Thailand, i'll be travelling to the UK on the 22nd of September.

Cash shortages mean i shall have to raid Piggy.

Paddington has been elected to apply the coup-de-grace, which he is loathe to do. If you wish to help save the life of poor Piggy, donations should be sent direct to my bank account.

A pig's life is in your hands!

Attached File  Piggy.jpg   73.72KB   0 downloads

• batman4ever likes this

#46 boomdraw

boomdraw
  • Banned
  • 735 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 10:15 PM

jimbo you speak of the Russians with such fondness, the willfully ignorant albinos and just 4 degrees above the equator really don't mix, Hawaii is putting up 100,000 usd to deal with its homeless problem, I wish the thais would deal with its Siberian problem the same way, ship them out.

the economy isn't going to improve so I guess its what u got, Russians are the new English, the thais will always choose for a farang ideal the very people they show zero love to in say California or Hawaii or Canada, essentially white boys. only in Thailand do u see them looking at the pink meat blistering in the sun and say '' that is beauty''

#47 thailover57

thailover57
  • Members
  • 1,291 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 09:13 AM

Hey, I already sponsored your bar for volleyball. More money? Sorry.
Old, cantankerous, and sorry if I piss you off - well, not really. Just enjoy!

#48 jimbo34

jimbo34
  • Members
  • 9,813 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 04:34 PM

Heartless, thailover57, just heartless!

For now, the kittens are keeping guard over Piggy

Attached File  1..jpg   76.8KB   0 downloads

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Smooci