333 replies to this topic

#13 jimbo34

jimbo34
  • Members
  • 9,813 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 02:52 PM

A new week, new rants:

Monday:

Just checking the forums and found so many peeps snapping away in black & white now. Ffs, whats that all about? We all nostalgic for the sixties or summat?
 I blame that LucSaluces bloke.

Now stoppit. I want to see flesh tone!

Came back over the hill from Kathu this morning. There were no less than 3 buses broken down, holding up the traffic. And it was only 9.30 ffs! Nuke the cheap chinese factories that are churning out these rubbishy old claptraps. Yes Hino, that means your factory especially!

#14 azza33

azza33
  • Members
  • 579 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 02:58 PM

You made my chuckle Jimbo... Great stuff :)

#15 mardhi

mardhi
  • Members
  • 2,245 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 06:20 PM

Surprised you have not started on about the coach situation yet Jimbo.   Now that is interesting.  the full link is here but this is a classic extract.

The safety of specially modified double-decked buses has raised concerns after several road accidents, especially the most recent one in Saraburi's Kaeng Khoi district in which 19 people were burned to death and 22 others injured.

Transport Minister Chadchart Sittipunt, meanwhile, is encouraging private operators to install Global Positioning System devices on their buses as this would allow for efficient management of public transport and make it easier to track the vehicle in case of emergencies.

Apparently much of the fault is with the axles - they are not wide enough relative to the height of the double deckers.   The correct width axles are only imported and thus more expensive.  Locally made buses therefore have cheaper axles.    Good to see the Transport minister is on the ball and movely swiftly to ignore the real issue and to focus on installing GPS trackers (which is also a good thing, but perhaps not so mission critical than changing the axle).   

The said article link:-  http://www.thaivisa....profits-expert/

#16 jimbo34

jimbo34
  • Members
  • 9,813 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 06:38 PM

Well he can make some money out of instlling GPS systems, mardhi! Nothing in it for him to actually do his job and make some rules, regulations, and enforcements.

Fuckin idiot thais.

#17 jimbo34

jimbo34
  • Members
  • 9,813 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 06:53 PM

Just trying to work out how to use a Nokia N something-or-other "smart"fuckingphone!

Took it in lieu of a thai "loan". As the money hasn't been forthcoming i've now assumed ownership of the bastard thing.

And it's making me very GRUMPY!

I have a feeling there's going to be more rants today!

"I don't like Mondays".

#18 jimbo34

jimbo34
  • Members
  • 9,813 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 07:19 PM

Things just got a little better. Managed to book a return flight to BKK next month for just 2060 Bt.

Shame its Don Muang though.

#19 Surin Nix

Surin Nix
  • Members
  • 1,686 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 04:18 AM

"Aside from that Mrs. Lincoln, how did you enjoy the play?"... :shock:

(Note: for the non-yanks, the above attempt at humor refers to the assassination of mid 19th-century American president, Abraham Lincoln, while watching a theatre performance with his wife).

Nix

#20 boomdraw

boomdraw
  • Banned
  • 735 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 06:06 AM

jimbo u seem like such a heart center'd good dude, sometimes I just wanna see/hear that u retired and spend your days up on some Phuket hill and only come down to bangla, sit at a bar that's not yours and get moist tolette'd yourself and then due to your service to the cause be granted any honey you want for 1k baht-

I don't know how u put up with running a business in Thailand I really don't ,,, and many a people when living around batshit crazyiness due develop an excited spleen pancreas deficiency, its taxing and u mix in too much sugar n booze and its even more, my boomvice is  take a breather, eat a mineral rich meal and simply let it blow in the breeze my friend but rant it up also, were here for u :giveup:

#21 Surin Nix

Surin Nix
  • Members
  • 1,686 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 09:02 AM

I don't know how u put up with running a business in Thailand I really don't ,,, and many a people when living around batshit crazyiness due develop an excited spleen pancreas deficiency, its taxing and u mix in too much sugar n booze and its even more, my boomvice is  take a breather, eat a mineral rich meal and simply let it blow in the breeze my friend but rant it up also, were here for u :giveup:

Who are you?

...and what have you done with boomdraw?
Nix

#22 boomdraw

boomdraw
  • Banned
  • 735 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 10:29 AM

id doesn't take an asshole like me to long to recognize when someone's a good chap, jimbo's alright.

#23 jimbo34

jimbo34
  • Members
  • 9,813 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 12:57 PM

jimbo u seem like such a heart center'd good dude, sometimes I just wanna see/hear that u retired and spend your days up on some Phuket hill and only come down to bangla, sit at a bar that's not yours and get moist tolette'd yourself and then due to your service to the cause be granted any honey you want for 1k baht-

Thanks boom. Luckily i am a fairly relaxed bloke, so all the Thai bullshit is just humourous to me. I laugh at them and their backward ways. And then, portray a Grumpy Old Man image on here. Its just a British humour.

And, referring to your first paragraph: i already live on a hill in semi-retirement, only coming down to Bangla to sit at my own bar having a good time with some very nice people. And afterwards i do go with any honey i want for 1k. I even got a freebie on saturday night - not bad for a bloke fast approaching 60 !

#24 jimbo34

jimbo34
  • Members
  • 9,813 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 03:17 PM

Tuesday 6th Aug

Its raining like hell today, which will mean more flood pictures later, when i try to get to the bar.

It will also mean more people lose their lives at sea in the rickety ferries than do the tourist trips to Phi Phi and the islands. I just hope the nice australian couple listened to my advice last night!

With many of the canals covered over and built on, there is nowhere for the water to go, so i'm expecting waist-high water in sois SaiNamYen, Rat-u-Thit, and Sansabai tonight.

A grey view from The Skylab this afternoon

Attached File  1.RainyView.jpg   74.39KB   13 downloads

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Smooci