• Please log in to reply
333 replies to this topic

#61 jimbo34

jimbo34
  • Members
  • 9,813 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 12:21 PM

:argh:

3.30am on my way home and i come across this crane overturned in Middle Road.

They've been reconstructing Middle Road for well over a year now. In fact its probably nearer 2 years.

All 2 km of it. Ffs, we build whole motorways in Europe in that time!

During that time we've endured waist-deep potholes, floods, mud or dust, depending on the season. And i reckon it'll be another 12 months before they finish it!

This is the second crane to go over inside a week!

Thai incompetence is truly astounding!

Attached File  7.crane.jpg   88.84KB   0 downloads

#62 boomdraw

boomdraw
  • Banned
  • 735 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 01:54 AM

they still haven't figured out how to get enough iodine it seems http://www.baht-stop...?showtopic=8802

#63 anicon

anicon
  • Members
  • 200 posts
  • LocationBigfoot Country

Posted 26 August 2013 - 04:33 AM

Thai incompetence is truly astounding!

....  Attached File  fixit avatar.jpg   13.33KB   0 downloads

.. not young enough to know everything & not old enough to have done everything!

#64 jimbo34

jimbo34
  • Members
  • 9,813 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 06:23 PM

Rareity : Jimbo Praises Thailand !

I grumble a lot about Thailand and thais in particular, but last night put a smile back on my face.

As i drove over the crest of Patong Hill at 9pm, i felt the drive belt go on the Honda.

I coasted all the way down the hill towards the police checkpoint where there was a solitary thai guy tinkering with some bikes in what can only be described as a shed.

I explained, best i could in my tinglish, and using hand gestures, and could he fix it?

"Come back one hour" he said.

"What time you close?"

"Never close".

So i walked to my friends house and we went for dinner, returning to the shed at 11pm, and the bike was fixed, 580 Baht!

I can just imagine the scenario back in the UK, when the dealership finally opened and the mechanics had had their tea, being told , with much shaking of the head and sucking in of cheeks, what a tough job that would be. And then being presented with a bill for 580 QUID. Plus VAT!

Attached File  In Praise of Thai.jpg   85.39KB   0 downloads

• batman4ever and NicoleD like this

#65 jimbo34

jimbo34
  • Members
  • 9,813 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 02:32 PM

Bah! People walking around holding their "tablets" in the air should be made to swallow them!

Attached File  1.tablet.jpg   117.19KB   0 downloads

• Master-Bates likes this

#66 boomdraw

boomdraw
  • Banned
  • 735 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 09:44 PM

jimbo I hate life today via tech, I go to the skatepark weeks back n saw one kid skating n texting. every fucking cunt today has so much insecurity ''did my phone buzz,, is somebody thinking about me'',, ive cut of my sister, her hubby, my cousin, most people in general as I cant stand to hang out with people who phone, yep they phone, they talk with there fingers. muah hates it and its only getting worse, I guess i should get a really small water gun and start ruining tech when it starts to annoy me, a few blast right in the speakers or keys of said tablet?

early adopters fee= the industry term for tech addicts who overpay for the new gadget that's exactly the same or dam close the old one, what bill maher called ''nerd tax'', thais are some of the biggest fucking dolt nerds via tech one can find in life.

Look at some of the kids playing on tablets today, look at the stupid games they play of which of course they are always the winners at.............google glass gets her and like ive been saying going ou tin public wont even be worth it

think of having the god given talent of singing, imagin training your whole life with a band and finally touring, do u know what a musician sings to today. . .?  He sings to tablets and phones being held up, no more audience, hell no, its a phonedience.

• jimbo34 likes this

#67 Woof1

Woof1
  • Members
  • 910 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 02:25 AM

Jimbo,
As this guy's T Short says "Imported Japanese"
I think it refers to his Brain.
With new Tech, things change.
Soon they won't be holding Tablets anymore, but playing Captain Kirk on their Watch.
Beam me up Scotty, Oh SH@% I fell in a hole.
Latest news about Nokia selling to MS broke my heart,
I may have to get a new Phone (Which means I have to dig myself out of my Prehistoric cave) but which one, as I only use it in Thailand for Calling local friends / whores and SMS or Texting as I think is the proper word.
Don't want contracts, can't be bothered to look at internet when I am not in my Loom.
What can be SO important that I need to know it Right away.
What happened to good old (SUSPENSE)

Good one on the Crane and the belt though
  • jimbo34 likes this
So many LB So Little Time

#68 strobriand

strobriand
  • Members
  • 327 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 09:29 PM

Gotta love some of the mechanics in Thailand, my Honda Phantom had some problem which no one could fix, nothing major but was just not running right. Pulled into Buriram and the next morning the bike would not start so pushed it to the local Honda dealer to get a new battery

I decided to get it services as well as they had a 30 baht special on at the time, the service manager noticed the motor was not running perfect, nothing to do with the oil change etc his staff had given it but insisted nothing his workshop left without being in perfect running order.

Took an extra day - but he fixed it and it cost only the discounted service fee of 30 baht.

Hey, buriram is not the most exciting place in thailand, but I didnt mind staying the extra night :whistle:

#69 jimbo34

jimbo34
  • Members
  • 9,813 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 01:56 PM

I find this behaviour fuckin irritating too:

The guys that use their bin cup to hold their poxy phone where they can see the next important incoming message or Fartbook posting. Ffs, just come and be sociable willya! All that shite can wait until you're back in your lonely basement!

Attached File  8..jpg   122.01KB   0 downloads

#70 dixon cox

dixon cox

Monkey Nut

• Moderators
  • 7,150 posts
  • LocationCentral Pattaya

Posted 07 September 2013 - 02:47 PM

It seems Smart phones and Facebook go hand-in-hand, I doubt you get one without the other.

I have neither and am yet to feel the urge. I like my phones same as I like my women... Dumb  :)

Meum cerebrum nocet

#71 jimbo34

jimbo34
  • Members
  • 9,813 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 07:09 PM

Talking of dumb.....

There's a very nice young customer in the bar this weekend (from the other forum) who, nice as he is, I'm going to have to kill!

He's not american, but has acquired an american accent, which i can forgive. However he has that adolescent american habit of using the word "like" 30 times in every sentence!

I'll warn him early on, but if you hear of a vicious slaying in a Patong bar tonight...........

#72 boomdraw

boomdraw
  • Banned
  • 735 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 08:37 PM

i met a girl at a healthfood store i worked at back in the late 90s, she said like so much during are initial phone call that i took the phone away from my ear due to it only to come back to 6 more ''likes'', i think she must of really liked me, lmao but dam so annoying.

americans i can usually spot in thialand by the fear on there face that good ol Americano insecurity of not really knowing shit about shit while thinking your the shit, u come from Thailand to Hawaii even and what u notice is the fear on peoples faces ,,,kids especially, oh an the women don't walk sultry n comfy in there feminity like the thai girls do, i mean why would they there trying to be men most of the time anyways..

jimbo wait ten more years, with the xeno estrogens in the environment effeminizing men just think with all the emf power that's in the phones and in the tablets n lap tops resting on are young men of tommorows lap for hours a day ruining there gonads,, look at the supreme court case in Italy from last year proving cell phones cause brain tumours..... i don't even like holding my phone, but i am one of the lucky men who is most kinky n verbally cocky n confident while sober and in person, its a blessing n a curse, im not only good on the phone like some twits, and the facts are the youth today has had phones since they were in the womb, to them this is emoteing and converseing and normal human behavior, to live on a phone. this basically applies to all people 28 or younger right now today, they iz all fucked.

• jimbo34 likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Smooci