Jimbo's Rant Thread

• Please log in to reply
333 replies to this topic

#25 boomdraw

boomdraw
  • Banned
  • 735 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 03:38 PM

whatever happened with that oil spill on koh samet I believe last week?

#26 donnykey

donnykey
  • Members
  • 3,369 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 04:08 PM

Entertaining stuff Jim. Knowing you I assume it is all a bit togue in cheek.

Cheers mate ....DK

• mikel1 likes this
Oh so happy when in LOS

#27 jimbo34

jimbo34
  • Members
  • 9,813 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 02:45 PM

Wednesday

I awoke in good mood after having had a nice night with Som (see C & D thread). Whats more there hadn't been any floods despite the torrential rain yesterday, and i had arrived dry to a busyish bar.

However........

having assumed ownership of a Nokia phone by way of an unpaid (thai) loan, i thought i should try to use the ferkin thing.

I'm going to really try and master the art of using a "jabby-dabby-swipey" phone as the alternatives are becoming a rarity now, but fuckmegently: they try your PATIENCE!

NingNong was all excited, telling me "Ooh now you can get lots of Aps" (whatever the fuck did i do before "Aps"?? But first of all i've got to learn how to make a call and send a message! You know: the basic stuff that these gadgets make so hard for us dinosaurs!

Attached File  1..jpg   92.4KB   0 downloads

#28 jimbo34

jimbo34
  • Members
  • 9,813 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 07:18 PM

I've just finished a nice session with One - she of the incredibly taut stomach, previously working in Malibu Bar.....and i'm gobsmacked!

She couldn't help but tell me about her good luck. Although she won't believe it until its in her hands, probably on friday.

She showed me online, a packing note from a guy in the U.S. who's sending her a package, just waiting onward delivery from the airport to her house. I can't reveal exactly what's in this package, for her safety, but suffice to say it will set her up for life!

She's never even met the guy! They talk on PlanetRomeo. Young bloke too.

So i've just signed up, in the gay section:

"Yoohoo, nice american boys.....i'm waiting!"

Attached File  1..jpg   123.22KB   0 downloadsAttached File  2..jpg   155.52KB   0 downloads

• tanewi likes this

#29 boomdraw

boomdraw
  • Banned
  • 735 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 12:02 PM

I hope she opens the box to a dookie with satang coins in the form of a smiley face-

there is so much money n the gay scene, if I was gay id already own many companies.

#30 Surin Nix

Surin Nix
  • Members
  • 1,686 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 01:16 PM

[quote name
 "Yoohoo, nice american boys.....i'm waiting! [/quote]

Well shee-it man, why dint you just sayso?
Nix

#31 jimbo34

jimbo34
  • Members
  • 9,813 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 05:04 PM

Friday

No rants for a few days now! Am feeling very tranquil after plenty of sex recently and quiet satisfaction at the way the DSI are starting their clean-up Phuket campaign, starting with an investigation into the mayor and his son's activities, amongst many other things.

This could be really good news for Phuket. (Take a look at Phuketwan.com for the latest news.)

Or a major rant, depending on the outcome!

#32 batman4ever

batman4ever

• Moderators
  • 4,822 posts
  • LocationScandinavia

Posted 09 August 2013 - 05:21 PM

Friday

No rants for a few days now! Am feeling very tranquil after plenty of sex recently and quiet satisfaction at the way the DSI are starting their clean-up Phuket campaign, starting with an investigation into the mayor and his son's activities, amongst many other things.

This could be really good news for Phuket. (Take a look at Phuketwan.com for the latest news.)

Or a major rant, depending on the outcome!

then better prepare for a Major Major rant... :Batman:  as you know a few Brown envelopes will change hands...and then its back to business... :sobsong:

:xmas: 

A ladyboy is a kind of creature...that makes a txt saying...dont you trust me...and send it to 20 people... :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:

https://www.facebook.com/ladyboyforum

#33 jimbo34

jimbo34
  • Members
  • 9,813 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 05:29 PM

Oh ye of little faith, Batman.

#34 mardhi

mardhi
  • Members
  • 2,245 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 07:44 PM

Just out of interest Jimbo - what is the issue at the airport with taxi's?   I assume they tell you a price and if agreeable you take it.  I also assume the price is ludicrously high - am I on the right track?

#35 jimbo34

jimbo34
  • Members
  • 9,813 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 08:13 PM

Not quite, Mardhi. There is a "fixed" price, and by fixed, i do mean fixed! It seems to go up at regular intervals and is currently 750Bt to go to Patong. This is for the taxis that have permission to operate at the airport.

Actually, as a 45 minute ride i don't think its so bad, but there are only certain cartels that are supposed to operate within the airport, and pay huge fees to AoT for doing so. The thais are rowing amongst themselves about who gets to enter the airport, and who doesn't.

There is also an issue that meter-taxis are supposed to be able to operate there. But finding one is difficult, and they never ever turn on the meter, so you're back to negotiation.

There has also been general dissatisfaction that tourists emerge to a cacphony of noise from touts etc. Totally bewidering to newbie tourists who are harangued from all sides. And late-night arrivals have little option but to pay whatever prices are asked, as there is no supervision from AoT after about 10pm.

And this is just the start! From there on, the tuk-tuk brigade demand absurd prices wherever you are on the island.

Many other abuses and scams have almost caused diplomatic incidents. The last straw appears to have been very strong words from the Chinese Minister of Tourism who gave Phuket a stern warning.

It may have been this that finally prompted Bangkok to take action and send in 500 DSI policemen.

All the previous feeble attempts have been hot air. However, this one has the feel of a genuine attempt by Bangkok to curb the excesses of the few highly placed individuals that control everything.

It remains to be seen how effective they can be, but I sincerely hope the campaign is succesful.

#36 mardhi

mardhi
  • Members
  • 2,245 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 01:55 PM

Interesting mag that Phuketwan.   Loved the story about the guys who were arrested for working illegally then had the charges dropped and an apology issued.     They referenced the 'Managing Director' - how amazing - they arrested the right person by the sounds of things and then somehow, Phuket police, rather than the immigration police, issued the apology.   You could not make this stuff up half the time.  

Having read a few articles, I do wonder whether there is really going to be much of a change.  Sounds like not authorised taxi drivers are getting arrested, but one can only assume that all taxi drivers, be they legal or not, are all asking the same ludicrous fare levels.  Does not appear to be much effort, thus far at least, to curb the rip off pricing.  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Smooci