333 replies to this topic

#265 dixon cox

dixon cox

Monkey Nut

• Moderators
  • 7,150 posts
  • LocationCentral Pattaya

Posted 08 July 2014 - 04:39 AM

jonnieb is my guilty pleasure. Without him the forum would be a duller place :mrgreen:

Sometimes the truth stings but I still read much of his input as tongue-in-cheek.

An initial reaction often produces a subsequent reaction. So don't react.

• Hard News likes this

Meum cerebrum nocet

#266 KendoUK

KendoUK
  • Members
  • 952 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 08:02 AM

Jimbo's new "point and shoot darkness" camera - the floor is yours Jim.....   :mrgreen:

zinc n B-6 deficiency's, tends to make folks post crazy things like ''your a fagg you never fuked a trannie prostitute''.. - Boomdraw

#267 jimbo34

jimbo34
  • Members
  • 9,813 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 02:38 PM

Jimbo's new "point and shoot darkness" camera - the floor is yours Jim.....   :mrgreen:

No you're not drawing me on that, Kendo!

After some initial problems, in Bangkok, i'm getting the hang of it now. Patience Timothy! 

It might have ended up in the jungle, outside The Skylab, along with the growing pile of discarded smartphones, but thankfully i found the flash command and you'll be seeing more results on the C & D thread from now on.

• jaybee111 likes this

#268 JustSumGai

JustSumGai
  • Members
  • 167 posts
  • Locationon the Gulf of Mexico

Posted 26 November 2014 - 04:10 PM

presumably Jim's life is so filled with roses, sunshine, bluebirds, customers spending big dosh and ladyboys happy with anything that he has no more rant in him.

Or he's buried under a mountain of shit and can't reach the keyboard?

#269 jimbo34

jimbo34
  • Members
  • 9,813 posts

Posted 27 November 2014 - 07:19 AM

presumably Jim's life is so filled with roses, sunshine, bluebirds, customers spending big dosh and ladyboys happy with anything that he has no more rant in him.

Or he's buried under a mountain of shit and can't reach the keyboard?

No, there's a ginormous rant coming soon.........

• MrDragon, thailover57, batman4ever and 2 others like this

#270 JustSumGai

JustSumGai
  • Members
  • 167 posts

Posted 28 November 2014 - 11:33 AM

might be a record tho no? Almost 5 months with not one rant. Had I not seen you pop up in other threads I might have gotten concerned for your health.  I eagerly await your next rant and it's ginormousness.  :clapclap: 

• jimbo34 likes this

#271 Janus

Janus
  • Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 29 November 2014 - 10:20 PM

Can`t wait Jimbo. I mis your rants, I was starting to worry, that you was turning soft middel age.

• MrDragon likes this

#272 JustSumGai

JustSumGai
  • Members
  • 167 posts

Posted 08 January 2015 - 02:05 AM

promises, promises...

I'm gonna think he's happy happy. The idea that he's keeping his rants to himself, well, that would just be mean.

• batman4ever likes this

#273 batman4ever

batman4ever

• Moderators
  • 4,822 posts
  • LocationScandinavia

Posted 08 January 2015 - 07:51 AM

promises, promises...
I'm gonna think he's happy happy. The idea that he's keeping his rants to himself, well, that would just be mean.

Naahhhh he is just getting old i guess.... :whistle:

• Janus likes this

A ladyboy is a kind of creature...that makes a txt saying...dont you trust me...and send it to 20 people... :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:

https://www.facebook.com/ladyboyforum

#274 jimbo34

jimbo34
  • Members
  • 9,813 posts

Posted 08 January 2015 - 01:05 PM

Getting old doesn't make me any less likely to rant, Batters. In fact, probably the contrary.

Ok, ok, .......so many things to rant about actually. 

The Xmas/New Year ceasefire is over. So lets start with the military junta:

I welcomed the coup in May last year, as the politicians were just tying themselves in knots sueing each other backwards and forwards,  doing absolutely nothing for running the country, and becoming more and more blatant with their thieving from the coffers. It was quite ridiculous.

The initial curfews were bloody annoying for a barowner and tourists alike, but something i was certainly prepared to suffer if it meant signalling they meant business and would stand no nonsense from the general population.

It was certainly a weird sensation returning home at 10.30pm with the streets in total silence. Even the 7/11s were closed.

They started well, especially in Phuket, rounding up long-time crooks, bashing the tuk-tuks, and clearing beach vendors. 

Aha, i thought, maybe Thailand really is going to clean up its act.

Wrong.

Here we are 8 months later: the crooks are still "awaiting trial" (i.e. out on bail) and carrying on as usual, the tuk-tuks are as bad as ever, and now you can't even rent a sunbed and umbrella on the beach! The jetski mobs were never touched during the entire time and have now probably increased and enlarged their presence on the beaches. The beach vendors swarm along them during the daytime and then infest Soi Bangla at night. So much so that i'm having to shoo them away, especially during our showtimes. 

The Immigration scams are as bad as ever, and now its harder for long-time "tourists" to do their visa runs.

I've never seen so many freelance prostitutes on Soi Bangla as there are now. There are wayy more thais on the street than tourists. Its ridiculous. Still flapping their "Ping Pong Show" laminates in everyone's face. And still selling all their tatty wares, or offering "massage".

The russian go-gos were untouched. I mean how the fack are they allowed to operate?

The only thing missing are the slow loris and iguana picture touts - so protect the animals, but to hell with the tourists then?

The genuine cops that were actually making a difference, the so-called Crimebusters, have been "moved" to Nakhon-fuckin-Nowhere.

The cost of taking a piss has now risen to 10Bt, except in that nasty little place just down from C & Ds, where its still run by that lazy fat-arse that never ever cleans the place for all our 5 Bts.

The general has now elected himself as PM and shows no sign of returning the country to democracy. Thus leaving local administration back in the hands of his corrupt minions.

Thailand shot itself in the foot by encouraging russian and chinese tourists who behave badly and contribute zilch to the local economy. The russians are less evident than last year because the roubel has dropped through the floor, and the chinese are hell-bent only on taking selfies. Now with those fuckn annoying "selfie-sticks" they all wave in the air. They're all gazing upwards now instead of looking where they're going. I've lost count of the number i've clipped with my wing mirrors as they amble along in the middle of the road, or barged out of my way in the supermarket or street. Its a daily occurrence and i get a certain pleasure out of inflicting some pain on the Gormless Goblins. 

The thais are getting more and more desperate, as the numbers of "quality" tourists decline, and the scams are becoming increasingly blatant as a direct result.

Even the young Bogans with pockets full of cash and no brains are getting pissed off. 

Thailand really needs to get its act together or its economy is going to spiral downhill, with tourism taking the first hit.

On the bright side  :) .........

ummm, i'm struggling a bit here......

well, i suppose the fact that we've been able to renew our bar lease without any rent increase is a good start. Only because the greedy landlord now has so many empty premises even she is beginning to get worried. 

And the tourists are seeking out the genuine places for entertainment that aren't going to rip them off. So we're getting a full house at every showtime, with some staying on afterwards and even returning for a revisit.

Tuk-tuks are less likely to hit you with a hammer if you argue about their price.

The cost of fuel globally is falling.

Air Asia and Malaysia Air might actually take a bit of care about the maintenance of their aircraft now, though they'll have to do that outside Thailand. Thailand doesn't do "maintenance".

I could go on, but i'll save some for another day.

• tanewi, MrDragon, JustSumGai and 4 others like this

#275 jimbo34

jimbo34
  • Members
  • 9,813 posts

Posted 08 January 2015 - 01:09 PM

Staff Timekeeping, my current crackdown.........no i'll save that for another day!

• tanewi likes this

#276 Janus

Janus
  • Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 09 January 2015 - 04:30 AM

Thank for a good rant Jimbo, I was starting to worry. Sound like I left LOS just in time. Well not much to be happy about her in northern EU, hope to spend some time with you and the girls son. Keep let those rant come, its good for you to let the steam out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Smooci