• Please log in to reply
333 replies to this topic

#241 jonnieb

jonnieb
  • Members
  • 520 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 07:13 PM

This might help you understand jonnie.
I do hope so, as your american "democracy at all costs" mantra is so blinkered.

http://phuketwan.com...body-wanted-tha

It's not an argument for democracy at any cost; it's that it's the fairest and most humane form of government we earthlings have come up with so far to govern ourselves. As I said, if someone can propose or has heard of a better way, I'm all ears.

In the Thai context specifically, since the abolition of the absolute monarchy (which was again, more or less a military putsch) there have been at least 12 military coups by most counts. The most recent in the middle of the last decade, which lead directly to the political stalemate of last year, which now has again seen military intervention in politics My point being the Thai military can barely fulfill it's primary function of securing the territorial integrity of the Kingdom and it certainly has no competency or right to shape or direct it's political development.

#242 jimbo34

jimbo34
  • Members
  • 9,813 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 07:58 PM

It's not an argument for democracy at any cost; it's that it's the fairest and most humane form of government we earthlings have come up with so far to govern ourselves. As I said, if someone can propose or has heard of a better way, I'm all ears.

In the Thai context specifically, since the abolition of the absolute monarchy (which was again, more or less a military putsch) there have been at least 12 military coups by most counts. The most recent in the middle of the last decade, which lead directly to the political stalemate of last year, which now has again seen military intervention in politics My point being the Thai military can barely fulfill it's primary function of securing the territorial integrity of the Kingdom and it certainly has no competency or right to shape or direct it's political development.

Right now, its showing itself to be more competent than the previous elected governments, going back the ten or so years since i've been here. 

• MrDragon and khaosphere like this

#243 Hard News

Hard News
  • Members
  • 181 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 01:59 PM

The truth....We all come here to shag ladyboys !!!

But a little nice to understand the history and workings of LOS.....even if only going back to the dawn of the internet.

#244 jimbo34

jimbo34
  • Members
  • 9,813 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 06:16 PM

You're such a stupid cunt, jonnieb. 

No i didn't read your repetitious rubbish. Go back and keep watching Fox news - thats about your mentality.

• thailover57 and khaosphere like this

#245 thailover57

thailover57
  • Members
  • 1,291 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 12:34 AM

And you lash out with...try...to...understand...what...I'm...saying. You're a clown! You almost (almost) make me miss Boomdraw!
  • rxpharm and khaosphere like this
Old, cantankerous, and sorry if I piss you off - well, not really. Just enjoy!

#246 Moo Yung

Moo Yung
  • Administrators
  • 649 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 03:10 AM

I enjoy Jimbo's rants. You obviously don't have to agree with his opinion, but I think to take them in the right spirit is to not take them so seriously.

I'd be interested in seeing the JonnieB rant thread.

Find us on facebook: LADYBOYFORUM

#247 jimbo34

jimbo34
  • Members
  • 9,813 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 10:01 AM

I enjoy Jimbo's rants. You obviously don't have to agree with his opinion, but I think to take them in the right spirit is to not take them so seriously.

Exactly right ! Add some value, make a positive contribution for a change. 

#248 jonnieb

jonnieb
  • Members
  • 520 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 11:44 AM

Exactly right ! Add some value, make a positive contribution for a change.

Everything I said in my long post above which had been deleted by the mods were factual statements and informed opinion about the current political situation. I was responding to the points you made with points of my own. There were no personal attacks or name calling contained therein.

I made points about the endless cycle of coups and your end game if you had one. I'll just note my informative and probing post was deleted by the mods while posts calling other members names like "cunt" are considered valuable forum contributions and left undisturbed by the moderators.

#249 jimbo34

jimbo34
  • Members
  • 9,813 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 02:02 PM

Possibly the moderators agree with me !?!

Your childish ….slow…speaking…. post was just another in a daily catalogue of negativity. So why not try and post something thats interesting/informative/amusing for a change?

Or just fuck off. I really don't care which.

• tanewi and khaosphere like this

#250 Moo Yung

Moo Yung
  • Administrators
  • 649 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 05:36 PM

Everything I said in my long post above which had been deleted by the mods were factual statements and informed opinion about the current political situation. I was responding to the points you made with points of my own. There were no personal attacks or name calling contained therein.

I made points about the endless cycle of coups and your end game if you had one. I'll just note my informative and probing post was deleted by the mods while posts calling other members names like "cunt" are considered valuable forum contributions and left undisturbed by the moderators.

I honestly haven't deleted any posts and didn't see what this particular post was about so I can't comment. But like a lot of other posters it is hard keep seeing the arguments.

We can't all agree or even like each other, but we should at least try have a bit more fun and enjoy our shared interest.

• jaybee111 likes this

Find us on facebook: LADYBOYFORUM

#251 Teppis

Teppis

LB Devil

• Members
  • 1,082 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 07:07 PM

To be honest, don't we see it pretty much in every post what he makes? :whistle:

It would be much more interesting to see topic from him where he tells us "what i love in Thailand"? Nobody want's to read only 100% negative posts and because he is still here, there MUST be something what keeps him interested about Thailand  ;)   

• rxpharm, jimbo34, goodenough and 1 other like this

#252 goodenough

goodenough
  • Members
  • 401 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 08:40 PM

I for one, like to read Jimbos rants, and IT IS A RANT THREAD. Of course I (and others) sometimes dosen´t agree with your take on subjects Jim BUT, it is YOUR THREAD and I respect that so PLEASE CONTINUE WRITE  :D

• jimbo34 and khaosphere like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Smooci