• Please log in to reply
333 replies to this topic

#289 jimbo34

jimbo34
  • Members
  • 9,813 posts

Posted 21 January 2015 - 05:32 AM

Quantative Easing

Now, i'm not an economist, a banker, or a politician, but WTF is going on? Now Europe is about to enter the madness of QE, started in the USA.

Somebody somewhere thinks we must have growth at any cost.

Why?

Europe is about to follow the U.S. and Japan into printing vast sums of money to prop up their economies. 

This is going to end in disaster, one way or another. If not this year, it'll come next year, or maybe the one after. The world cannot just go on just printing new money when things get a bit tough.

Or can they? Maybe i'm wrong, but all this borrowing scares the shit out of me.

• thailover57 likes this

#290 Janus

Janus
  • Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 21 January 2015 - 07:39 AM

You have to be a mad man or economist to believe growth can go on for ever.  It scares me to. but I hope were wrong.

#291 JustSumGai

JustSumGai
  • Members
  • 167 posts
  • Locationon the Gulf of Mexico

Posted 21 January 2015 - 12:03 PM

it has always been this way..."grow or die".  I find this to be maybe the biggest weakness/stupidity in the religion of capitalism. The Japanese went with long range plans, patience. Most others are impatient greedy fux. Goading all into buying more and more at higher costs. Look where that got us, in debt on ten cards and more. It's that too many are lazy bastards who want nice easy jobs in suits and AC pushing papers and spouting bullshit. When the worlds greedy boys all target the same consumers, shit happens.

Growth for the sake of growth is the ideology of a cancer cell.

#292 jimbo34

jimbo34
  • Members
  • 9,813 posts

Posted 16 February 2015 - 04:36 PM

Monday 16th Feb 2015 4.35 p.m.

One of my least favourite weeks of the year: its the week of Chinese New Year, when thais seem to think it funny, and entertaining to let off firecrackers 24/7, even in the middle of busy streets. So expect a solid 7 days of my increasingly bad tempered rants on here !

To kick things off:

This silly cunt nearly killed a van load of tourists while reaching down for his phone charger, ffs !

http://www.phuketgaz...8344#ad-image-0

And don't anybody dare mention the sunlounger fiasco thats engulfing the expat press at the moment. You couldn't make this idiocy up !

• batman4ever, Surin Nix and Master-Bates like this

#293 Surin Nix

Surin Nix
  • Members
  • 1,686 posts

Posted 17 February 2015 - 12:23 PM

I'll take that dare!

...what is the "sun lounger fiasco"?
Nix

#294 jaybee111

jaybee111
  • Members
  • 389 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 17 February 2015 - 05:57 PM

Umbrellas and mats okay on Phuket beaches but no chairs allowed...WTF??!!!

#295 jimbo34

jimbo34
  • Members
  • 9,813 posts

Posted 17 February 2015 - 07:23 PM

I'll take that dare!

...what is the "sun lounger fiasco"?

http://phuketwan.com...w-police-21876/

Having swept the beaches clear of "private vendors" (except the jetski and parasail mafia, of course!) the local "authorities" are now preventing even private individuals from taking their own chairs to the beach! 

The argument being that it would be impossible to tell whose chairs were private and whose were rented. So we have the ludicrous situation of armed policemen on the beach attempting to prevent people from sitting on chairs!

You couldn't make this stuff up!

Some of us put considerable effort into trying to make Phuket sound attractive to tourists. Then the local authorities undo all our hard work in a few days by coming up with absurd policies, made with the best intentions perhaps, but without thinking things through properly. Read: without thinking things through at all!

Their attempt at appeasement (after all poor old Somchai must be allowed to make a living, mustn't he?) is pure farce.

• MrDragon, jaybee111 and Janus like this

#296 jimbo34

jimbo34
  • Members
  • 9,813 posts

Posted 17 February 2015 - 07:52 PM

This Governor is clearly a simpleton!

http://www.phuketgaz...ch-chairs/48361

I'm sure he means well, but he's make a laughing stock of both himself, and the island!

#297 thailover57

thailover57
  • Members
  • 1,291 posts

Posted 19 February 2015 - 05:19 PM

Not to hijack your thread, but the stupidity is everywhere now. Pattaya immigration is now screwing with ED Visas. More money farang!
Old, cantankerous, and sorry if I piss you off - well, not really. Just enjoy!

#298 jaybee111

jaybee111
  • Members
  • 389 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 20 February 2015 - 07:15 AM

"tourists who have gotten used to occupying the beaches with sun loungers over the last 30 years”

How terrible! Those damn tourists coming to Phuket and actually enjoying themselves and being comfortable on the beaches!

It's high time this inexcusable behavior and tragedy ends. Phuket has suffered long enough!

Joking aside, I'm sure, as you said jimbo, it is being done with the best intentions in an attempt to control vendors from occupying the beaches illegally but my God, surely they can tell the difference between a vendor staking out an illegal claim on beach territory and tourists just wanting to enjoy the sun and sand.
  • MrDragon, jimbo34 and Surin Nix like this

#299 thebrewer

thebrewer
  • Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 20 February 2015 - 04:04 PM

I really want to disagree with anything Jim has written here, I can't.

12 weeks, I'll tell you about my dislike for mobile speed humps (dogs) while I'm out for a run!

#300 Leftcoaster

Leftcoaster
  • Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 21 February 2015 - 09:45 PM

This Governor is clearly a simpleton!

http://www.phuketgaz...ch-chairs/48361

I'm sure he means well, but he's make a laughing stock of both himself, and the island!

Careful... Aren't there laws about insulting royalty?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Smooci