• Please log in to reply
333 replies to this topic

#205 jimbo34

jimbo34
  • Members
  • 9,813 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 05:41 PM

Guess we have to put this tread on hold for a couple of days..... :butterfly:

Jimbo will anyhow be so happy everyday playing with Water,so he wont have time for ranting... :mrgreen:

:whistle:

Thank fuck it'll all be over after tonight!

I parked up last night in soi sansabai, with the express intent of killing the cunt who squirted water into my eyes on the corner, opposite soi Bangla. The guy saw murder in my eyes and ran off.

No wonder so many die on the roads with this sort of idiocy and thoughtlessness going on.

#206 Spyder Rocket

Spyder Rocket
  • Members
  • 1,104 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 11:57 PM

Thank fuck it'll all be over after tonight!
 I parked up last night in soi sansabai, with the express intent of killing the cunt who squirted water into my eyes on the corner, opposite soi Bangla. The guy saw murder in my eyes and ran off.
 No wonder so many die on the roads with this sort of idiocy and thoughtlessness going on.

I just read about about the origin of the water throwing tradition, the young lad was just blessing you with good fortune for the new year. :)

Seriously, I can see how that could turn into a major pain in the ass every year. I read an article about how some rowdy Thais like to throw chunks of ice at people.

I can only imagine how Americans would get carried away with a tradition like that. Heck, in some cities the Halloween tradition went from begging for candy to lighting abandoned buildings on fire.

#207 jaybee111

jaybee111
  • Members
  • 389 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 15 April 2014 - 12:43 AM

I can only imagine how Americans would get carried away with a tradition like that.

In my experience they are the worst, I'm embarrassed to say. I'm an American myself. Grown men acting like 3 year olds!

#208 jimbo34

jimbo34
  • Members
  • 9,813 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 12:19 PM

Mayoral Election - bars closed (yet a-fucking-gain)

Friday 25th April we're being forced to close our doors again. This time to allow the locals to elect the next crook, oops i mean mayor.

The 2 candidates are the guy who was impeached for corruption and barred from office for (only) a year. The biggest gangster on the island. And the other is a wealthy lady who feels her family haven't been getting enough of the treasure.

Of the two, i hope the lady wins. However the gangster has been offering bribes of 5,000 baht per vote, so i'm not optimistic.

Apologies for the inconvenience this will cause to the long-suffering tourists who actually pay for everything on this island.

• MrDragon likes this

#209 thailover57

thailover57
  • Members
  • 1,291 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 12:33 PM

I have a friend in 'the sewer' who is having trouble paying his bar rent because of all these holidays, elections, etc.
Old, cantankerous, and sorry if I piss you off - well, not really. Just enjoy!

#210 jimbo34

jimbo34
  • Members
  • 9,813 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 12:43 PM

I have a friend in 'the sewer' who is having trouble paying his bar rent because of all these holidays, elections, etc.

He has my sympathy.

Fortunately, i've had so many staff away this month, due to Songkran, my salaries bill will be low, offsetting the loss of yet another day's trade.

#211 Nick Bullseye

Nick Bullseye
  • Members
  • 2,009 posts
  • LocationParis, France

Posted 23 April 2014 - 02:40 PM

Jim, I just wonder about one thing. How can the electors prove that they have voted for somebody, in this case of the corrupt mayor? In principle, an elector could vote for somebody he/she prefers, then cash the 5000 baht.

Nick Bullseye

#212 jimbo34

jimbo34
  • Members
  • 9,813 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 03:12 PM

No, they check the voting sheets ! Yes really!

#213 Nick Bullseye

Nick Bullseye
  • Members
  • 2,009 posts
  • LocationParis, France

Posted 23 April 2014 - 04:25 PM

WHAT! This means, it is visible from the sheets for whom a person voted? This was usual in the communist regimes of the Warsaw Pact states. As I see, the method spread with a great success.

Nick Bullseye

#214 Janus

Janus
  • Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 08:22 PM

Maybe not the right  tread. But just have to thank you and Nadia for a very nice evening, Nadia is a really sweetheart, and I had a very good time taking to her and have some drinks whit her. Also nice to say hallo to you Jimbo. See you all before I have to go back to Denmark.

#215 jimbo34

jimbo34
  • Members
  • 9,813 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 09:44 PM

Good to meet you Janus.

And yes when i think of Nadia, all my pent-up frustration and need to rant, disappears.

• Janus and brad654 like this

#216 Macman

Macman
  • Members
  • 988 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 06:16 PM

Friday 25th April we're being forced to close our doors again. This time to allow the locals to elect the next crook, oops i mean mayor.

The 2 candidates are the guy who was impeached for corruption and barred from office for (only) a year. The biggest gangster on the island. And the other is a wealthy lady who feels her family haven't been getting enough of the treasure.

Of the two, i hope the lady wins. However the gangster has been offering bribes of 5,000 baht per vote, so i'm not optimistic.

Wow.  This sounds just like The Philippines.  Seriously, though, I don't think most guys realize the problems that the bar owners have to go through.  On the surface, it looks like all fun and games, surrounded by beautiful LBs, but it's hard work just like any other job.  A lot of old-timers remember the posts by Franck.  He had a lot of fun for a while, but look how that turned out.

Actually living the dream.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Smooci