#182 dixon cox

dixon cox

Monkey Nut

• Moderators
  • 7,150 posts
  • LocationCentral Pattaya

Posted 06 March 2014 - 03:13 AM

Oh....riiiiiight 6%20Dont%20know.gif

You're clearly in the obtuse phase of your monthly cycle.

Try Googling it FFS.

Meum cerebrum nocet

#183 Spyder Rocket

Spyder Rocket
  • Members
  • 1,104 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 04:24 AM

Someone did it straight away, I really wasn't expecting that  :mellow:

I shall delete them if I believe urine is being extracted  :old:

WTF!

You were serious?

I do believe my precious little feelings are hurt, sniff, sniff. :'(

#184 Hard News

Hard News
  • Members
  • 181 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 06:37 PM

Bloody Malaysia Airlines.........That`s who I`m flying on to Thailand in 4 weeks time !!!!

I`ve got to much mongering to do to end up in the Indian ocean or where ever !!!

#185 batman4ever

batman4ever

• Moderators
  • 4,822 posts
  • LocationScandinavia

Posted 11 March 2014 - 09:20 PM

Bloody BM`S with my email signing up on linkind..... :wacko: got 4 emails already why i havent accepted them :x2

A ladyboy is a kind of creature...that makes a txt saying...dont you trust me...and send it to 20 people... :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:

https://www.facebook.com/ladyboyforum

#186 jimbo34

jimbo34
  • Members
  • 9,813 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 01:44 PM

Bloody BM`S with my email signing up on linkind..... :wacko: got 4 emails already why i havent accepted them :x2

Oops, sorry Batman.

They die off after a while, thankfully. Another Fartbook type site by the look of it, but for unemployed "Executives", "Company Directors", and the long-term unemployed, that call themselves "Consultants" !

• batman4ever likes this

#187 tourist

tourist
  • Members
  • 469 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 04:57 AM

Oops, sorry Batman.

They die off after a while, thankfully. Another Fartbook type site by the look of it, but for unemployed "Executives", "Company Directors", and the long-term unemployed, that call themselves "Consultants" !

very very very.. well said, Jim

I was part of that bunch for a long while then I quitted : only troublemakers, job-seekers wanting to be "connected" or some over-qualified GM,or former CEO..or Managing Directors, etc etc...    only now I realize never saw a profile from a cleaner or bell-boy there, I guess why.... ;)

I went to the Dark side and found the Light !!!

#188 jimbo34

jimbo34
  • Members
  • 9,813 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 02:13 PM

very very very.. well said, Jim

I was part of that bunch for a long while then I quitted : only troublemakers, job-seekers wanting to be "connected" or some over-qualified GM,or former CEO..or Managing Directors, etc etc...    only now I realize never saw a profile from a cleaner or bell-boy there, I guess why.... ;)

I put myself on as "Unemployable", but they came back to me and said i should change it to "Entrepreneur" ! Lol.

Can't be arsed with them.

#189 Spyder Rocket

Spyder Rocket
  • Members
  • 1,104 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 03:30 PM

Not that ranting about the weather does any good, but damn, I thought we were getting into a little spring weather and then we get another snow storm.

Attached Files

#190 jimbo34

jimbo34
  • Members
  • 9,813 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 07:59 AM

Saturday Night 22nd march

So the bar's closed.

Why?

For a local election for the position of mayor.

The alcohol ban is in place to discourage the locals from getting drunk and missing their chance to vote.

So how many staff do we have that are eligible to vote?

Er......thats Nought, Zero, None then.

And how many customers are eligible to vote?

Er.....thats None again !

So what the hell good is closing the bar going to do?? Grrrrr.

The last mayor, Pian, was disqualified for a year and "yellow carded". A year has now passed, and guess who's standing?
 Yep, you got it, the corrupt gangster, Pian himself.

What's more his vote-buying operation is now offering 5,000 baht (yes 100 quid !) per vote! That's how important it is for him to win !

His opponent is an eloquent middle-aged lady who appears to genuinely want change on the island. Pian, of course, wants the status quo, hence upping his bribe (from 2,000 baht last time).

I'm praying that the offer of 2 weeks wages hasn't swayed the voters, but with that kind of bribe, i fear the worst.

Oh, and why was Pian disqualified, and yellow-carded?
 For election "Irregularities" !

You can't make this stuff up!

#191 jimbo34

jimbo34
  • Members
  • 9,813 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 02:13 PM

Aaaaargh !

I was wrong about it being the mayoral election - that's still to come. This weekend was the Senate election - as is NEXT weekend.

THEN there's the mayoral election, and AFTER THAT there'll be a rerun of the National Election!! Ffs we're going to be closed most saturday nights this year!!

#192 jimbo34

jimbo34
  • Members
  • 9,813 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 06:20 PM

Weds April 2nd

Its visa run time again! :argh:

After the last debacle, i vowed i would take the "easy" option of a flight  :fly:  in and out of KL. Sooo.........

I left The Skylab this morning at 4am (!) , having had no sleep, to drive myself to the airport. This isn't usually a pleasant journey on a scooter. But ithought i'd do it to A) save money, and B) it;ll be murder trying to get a sober taxi driver to turn up at that time of day!

All goes well until. 5 miles from the airport, it starts to rain.

"No problem" i think, and pull over to retrieve the plastic mac from under the seat. "Oh bugger" :shock: , it rained the other night and i've left the bloody thing at the bar. :blush:

I remount and, shouting "No, Stop! NO, DON't DO THIS TO ME, YOU BASTARD" at the sky, continue towards the airport envisaging a day dripping wet, with pneumonia to follow.

Fortunately dear old 7/11 in their wisdom, had decided to put up a store just a few hundred metres down the road, and i was able to buy another plastic sheet for 29 baht.

So all goes well from here on.

Almost.

The airport's almost deserted and check-in goes smoothly, we leave on time - Air Malaysia (!!).

KL International airport in underused, clean, and pleasant. So i spend 3 hours drinking coffee and reading the news on my laptop.

Then its time to check in for the flight home.

Now bear in mind my laptop has been through a scanner each time i've entered the airport, and i've gone outside at least once an hour for a ciggie.

So i queue to check in.

I queue again at the top of the escalator that goes down to the departure area.

I queue at the bottom of the escalator, and have the laptop scanned, to enter the departure lounge.

I queue to pay for a duty free bottle of aftershave, and have my passport scrutinised.

I queue at Immigration, and have the laptop plus the contents of my pockets scanned. Again.

I queue to enter the departure gate, and have to empty my pockets and dump the stuff in a plastic tray, along with my laptop, to be scanned, YET A-FUCKING-GAIN ! :x2

I queue to get on the bastard plane! :roll:

Then i join a massive QUEUE at Phuket Immigration ! :argh2:

Now i know we British  :uk:  are supposed to be good at queuing, and i know Air Malaysia had a wee spot of bother losing a plane in the Indian Ocean, but FFS! :ang3:

I note from my passport that for the July visa run last year i went to Phnom Penh, a trip i recall with great affection.

So, come July 1st, i'll be headed that way, hoping to avoid too many QUEUES !!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Smooci