Jimbo's Rant Thread

• Please log in to reply
333 replies to this topic

#169 KendoUK

KendoUK
  • Members
  • 952 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 10:07 PM

Something had to come along and ruin your run of cheeriness! At least it wasn't anything relating to the bar, or Thais.

zinc n B-6 deficiency's, tends to make folks post crazy things like ''your a fagg you never fuked a trannie prostitute''.. - Boomdraw

#170 jimbo34

jimbo34
  • Members
  • 9,813 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 08:55 AM

This week hasn't started well.

Now those arseholes at Microsoft want me to register an Outook account just so that i can read my email in hotmail !!

Ffs, the system worked just fine, but oh no, i've now got to fill in a form telling them my dick size and where my auntie Rose lives just to see something that was easily accessible 24 hours ago!

• MrDragon, jaybee111 and Sebastian Tombs like this

#171 bubba

bubba
  • Members
  • 107 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 01:55 PM

This week hasn't started well.

Now those arseholes at Microsoft want me to register an Outook account just so that i can read my email in hotmail !!

Ffs, the system worked just fine, but oh no, i've now got to fill in a form telling them my dick size and where my auntie Rose lives just to see something that was easily accessible 24 hours ago!

I've run into similar bullshit with google plus. Still have no idea what that is, but I've been perfectly happy for nearly 60 years without it. Also, because I keep moving about, google keeps asking if I logged in from this place and that, and then they lock me out!. I realize security is an issue, but fuck. And now they bother me with "was this you?" even on you tube now, since they bought it! (Hope I'm not hijacking your thread, Jimbo,)

I guess some might say I've not exactly been "perfectly happy" all this time, but I digress.
  • jimbo34, strobriand and jaybee111 like this

#172 jimbo34

jimbo34
  • Members
  • 9,813 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 03:05 PM

Not hijacked at all, bubba. This is here for you to let off steam too.

anyway............i thought i'd got "security" to block pop ups, but i'm still getting those twats at Adobe popping up ! And ocasionally some crap thai ones seem to get through! The age of the internet is going to make my blood pressure soar!

• Janus likes this

#173 KendoUK

KendoUK
  • Members
  • 952 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 03:23 PM

I see your old buddies, the Tuk-Tuk drivers threw their toys out the pram yesterday, what say you jimbo?  :ang3:  

http://www.thephuket...atong-44950.php

zinc n B-6 deficiency's, tends to make folks post crazy things like ''your a fagg you never fuked a trannie prostitute''.. - Boomdraw

#174 jimbo34

jimbo34
  • Members
  • 9,813 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 05:42 PM

I see your old buddies, the Tuk-Tuk drivers threw their toys out the pram yesterday, what say you jimbo?  :ang3:  

http://www.thephuket...atong-44950.php

Words cannot describe my anger and frustration, Kendo !

After this display of petulance, the police agreed to drop the charges, and move the Colonel away from Patong! I really can't get my head round the Superintendant's weakness. He should be thrown off Cape Proemthep, naked, with lobsters attached to his bollocks.

Isn't anybody prepared to stand up to this mob?

• MrDragon likes this

#175 dixon cox

dixon cox

Monkey Nut

• Moderators
  • 7,150 posts
  • LocationCentral Pattaya

Posted 05 March 2014 - 06:37 PM

I'm going to have a moan ...

I don't use Twitter, I don't like Twitter, I don't see the point of Twitter. In fact, micro-blogging seems to be for those who believe mini-sound-bites of their day to day existence and opinions are of interest to others, no they're not. However, it is easily avoided, so no real biggie. Or so it used to be ...

Now, it seems, an irritating trend is bleeding across from Twitter into the forum where instead of replying to somebody by way of quoting them and adding a follow-up reply, they put @whoever bla bla bla.

Cut out the @shit and return to normal common parlance and use quotes.
  • Spyder Rocket likes this

Meum cerebrum nocet

#176 jimbo34

jimbo34
  • Members
  • 9,813 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 06:50 PM

Wtf is a "sound-bite", DC ?

#177 KendoUK

KendoUK
  • Members
  • 952 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 06:51 PM

Showing your age @dixoncox #grumpymonkey :)

#178 dixon cox

dixon cox

Monkey Nut

• Moderators
  • 7,150 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 07:01 PM

Wtf is a "sound-bite", DC ?

A small extract from an audio recording, often used in a news report. But in this case it was used as a euphemism for a short sentence.

Showing your age @dixoncox #grumpymonkey :)

Someone did it straight away, I really wasn't expecting that  :mellow:

I shall delete them if I believe urine is being extracted  :old:

Meum cerebrum nocet

#179 jimbo34

jimbo34
  • Members
  • 9,813 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 07:03 PM

A small extract from an audio recording, often used in a news report. But in this case it was used as a euphemism for a short sentence.

A noise, then?
Attached File  Stalter.jpg   19.12KB   0 downloads
  • MrDragon likes this

#180 dixon cox

dixon cox

Monkey Nut

• Moderators
  • 7,150 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 09:26 PM

A noise, then?

No. It was a euphemism.