• Please log in to reply
333 replies to this topic

#157 jimbo34

jimbo34
  • Members
  • 9,813 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 09:06 AM

@Jimbo34

I understand your frustrations with bar closings from your perspective, but as a tourist, I always seem to have a lot of fun on nights the bars are closed.

I usually stock my room with plenty of booze and arrange for a cutie, or two, or three to come around. Honestly, I have enjoyed the most debauchery on nights that the bars are closed.

It kind of proves your point about the closings not having their intended effect, but I'm always happy to see a bar closing when I am in country.

Oh i get it from your point of view: with a bit of planning you can still have a great time. And with no blaring music, its really quite a pleasant time to be out in the restaurants and so on.

But from a barowners viewpoint - its lost business! We can never recover the lost days trade, nor do we get any concession from the landlords!

#158 Spyder Rocket

Spyder Rocket
  • Members
  • 1,104 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 01:52 PM

Oh i get it from your point of view: with a bit of planning you can still have a great time. And with no blaring music, its really quite a pleasant time to be out in the restaurants and so on.

But from a barowners viewpoint - its lost business! We can never recover the lost days trade, nor do we get any concession from the landlords!

I guess that is a challenge for you.

You should just throw yourself a good old fashioned orgy on those nights, but I heard you do that regardless. ;)

I was sitting with Nookie last year and I asked her if you were a good boss, she smiled and said, "yes," but then she started laughing and said, "he take different ladyboy home every night!"
  • MrDragon and batman4ever like this

#159 thailover57

thailover57
  • Members
  • 1,291 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 12:15 AM

A pathetic post. From someone's whose posts i've enjoyed. Should Jimbo not do interviews? He owns the bar! It's his bar, his choice. He takes different lady to Skylab? Get over it !
Old, cantankerous, and sorry if I piss you off - well, not really. Just enjoy!

#160 Spyder Rocket

Spyder Rocket
  • Members
  • 1,104 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 01:29 AM

A pathetic post. From someone's whose posts i've enjoyed. Should Jimbo not do interviews? He owns the bar! It's his bar, his choice. He takes different lady to Skylab? Get over it !

Perhaps my attempt at humor fell flat? I certainly wasn't intending any negative connotation towards Jimbo or anyone else.

If anything, I admire Jimbo, and was just tossing out a humorous anecdote.

Sorry if I offended, it wasn't my intent.

#161 Moo Yung

Moo Yung
  • Administrators
  • 649 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 10:47 AM

Sorry if I offended, it wasn't my intent.

I took it as you were innocently poking fun. No offense caused here.

• MrDragon likes this

Find us on facebook: LADYBOYFORUM

#162 thailover57

thailover57
  • Members
  • 1,291 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 12:23 AM

And I'll accept the comments and apologize for my rant. My interpretation was that it was a dig at Jimbo. Sorry.
  • Spyder Rocket likes this
Old, cantankerous, and sorry if I piss you off - well, not really. Just enjoy!

#163 Spyder Rocket

Spyder Rocket
  • Members
  • 1,104 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 08:00 AM

And I'll accept the comments and apologize for my rant. My interpretation was that it was a dig at Jimbo. Sorry.

Thanks! :)

#164 jimbo34

jimbo34
  • Members
  • 9,813 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 01:42 AM

Glad we're all over that one, lol.

I can't really say that i've anything much to rant about at the moment:

Fabruary has been fabulous - some really lovely BMs in, and takings 50% up on last year.

The weather has been sublime - cloudless sunny skies and reasonable nighttime temps, not a drop of rain for 10 weeks.

The aussies have been (mostly) behaving themselves.

Even had a few decent russians and, (gasp of amazement) some of the Gormless Goblins from 'Golia in the bar!

A tuk-tuk driver was actually polite to me yesterday!

Mind you i did get the runs after eating Thai food at Pan Yaab restaurant, and the service there was pretty ordinary. And the loo at The Skylab has developed a leak, Hopefully the landlord will fix that tomorrow without the need for a rant.

And i've never been without water, unlike most of the island during the current drought.

Maybe something else will irritate me shortly, and i can resume normal service by letting off steam on here. But for now everything is hunky-dory.

• jaybee111 likes this

#165 Moo Yung

Moo Yung
  • Administrators
  • 649 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 01:16 PM

Sorry to hear about your good run of  luck Jim. I'm sure you'll have a change of fortunes and be back to normal before long.

• jimbo34 likes this

Find us on facebook: LADYBOYFORUM

#166 jimbo34

jimbo34
  • Members
  • 9,813 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 01:48 AM

I see that 'orrible smug twat. Mark Zuckenthingy (Fartbook) has just paid $16 billion for Whatsup !

You sad nerdy types will now be badgered by the same bloke, but from 2 directions. If privacy is on your agenda, get off these things now!

#167 tourist

tourist
  • Members
  • 469 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 02:26 AM

I see that 'orrible smug twat. Mark Zuckenthingy (Fartbook) has just paid $16 billion for Whatsup !

You sad nerdy types will now be badgered by the same bloke, but from 2 directions. If privacy is on your agenda, get off these things now!

you're damn right Jimmy ( as always.. ;) )

I've on FB for not more than 3 months few years ago, then soon I quitted and never regretted..

Then discovered whatsapp and so far so good .. and last week I renewed my enrollment, even paying €0.89 ( for that matters..) but  now the idea of being part of FB "family" just gives me  shivers.. aaaaaaaarrrrgghh  I wish I knew before:  I would save those 0.89 cents  ...  :)  :argh:

keep on ranting, good man !

cheers !

• MrDragon and jimbo34 like this
I went to the Dark side and found the Light !!!

#168 jimbo34

jimbo34
  • Members
  • 9,813 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 09:49 PM

I stupidly agreed to join Linkedin today.

Honestly, everybody thinks they must all join up in their little clubs in case they miss out on something.

Miss out on what, ffs?

The chance to catch up on their "news"?  I don't give a shit.

And they all give themselves fancy titles too, don't they? They're all "executives", or "company directors", nobody says "dogsbody".

I think i'll start a "social media" site for Grumpy Old Cynicals !

Attached File  968full-the-muppet-show-screenshot.jpg   37.35KB   0 downloads

• MrDragon and jaybee111 like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Smooci