• Please log in to reply
333 replies to this topic

#145 Swedeman007

Swedeman007
  • Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 03:58 AM

:argh:

Nearly got killed tonight! No, not by some drunk thaislime driving erratically in his pickup. Not from a bus rolling backwards down Patong Hill. Not by some dumb jackass T-boning me.

No it was by this thing:

attachicon.gif17.1.2014 006.JPG

Yes, a solar powered warning sign. Note, i said solar powered!

Supposed to warn us of the dangers of this drain

attachicon.gif17.1.2014 008.JPG

Trouble is: AT NIGHT (when the danger is greatest) THERE IS NO SUN YOU DUMB CUNTS !!

Dunno how i missed the bastard thing!

attachicon.gif17.1.2014 007.JPG

I knew this would make it to the Jimbo rant thread! God bless those Thai's. -Swedeman007

• thailover57 likes this

#146 goodenough

goodenough
  • Members
  • 401 posts

Posted 26 January 2014 - 04:41 AM

I am currently in Phuket, was going to have a party (Soic Croc/C&D etc) on saturday night. Unfortunately due to the election bars are closed and from what I hear will be so on sunday to  :argh:  :argh:  :argh:  

#147 jimbo34

jimbo34
  • Members
  • 9,813 posts

Posted 26 January 2014 - 02:17 PM

We hope to open, albeit quietly, on sunday at 10pm, goodenough.

#148 goodenough

goodenough
  • Members
  • 401 posts

Posted 26 January 2014 - 04:16 PM

We hope to open, albeit quietly, on sunday at 10pm, goodenough.

Ahh, now i just have to loose the straight mate again. While on the subject, i was on bangla today but couldnt find the sidesoi where c&d is. Guess i got the location wrong?

#149 batman4ever

batman4ever

• Moderators
  • 4,822 posts
  • LocationScandinavia

Posted 26 January 2014 - 07:27 PM

when you enter from the "top" (opposite Beach) end of bangla ..you just turn right on the second side soi( where the barcomplex is) then its aprox 50 meter Down there on your right

A ladyboy is a kind of creature...that makes a txt saying...dont you trust me...and send it to 20 people... :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:

https://www.facebook.com/ladyboyforum

#150 jaybee111

jaybee111
  • Members
  • 389 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 26 January 2014 - 09:52 PM

Just before you enter the "food court".

#151 goodenough

goodenough
  • Members
  • 401 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 03:18 PM

Thanks Batman and JB, I was able to find it thanks to you guys :clapclap: but qould not loose my straight mate so just passed by. Will be back soon  8)

#152 jimbo34

jimbo34
  • Members
  • 9,813 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 07:58 PM

This thread will re-awaken shortly: we have 2 elections coming up. The first is local, in march. The other is the General Election (rerun) in April.

Thats 4 saturday nights we'll be closed! Yes, four, ffs!

This nation is just pathetic. I know they're all children and need to be given all these decrees, but really. How will this stop a nation of drunks from getting drunk? It won't.

How will this affect tourists? Badly

How will this affect barowners and their staff? Badly

Will an alcohol ban alter the result? No

Grrrrrr

• Bumbai likes this

#153 thailover57

thailover57
  • Members
  • 1,291 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 09:56 PM

But they also ban alcohol sales in the stores between 11 and 5 PM apparently because they think the kids will get drunk instead of going to school (I may have the hours wrong, but the illogical thinking prevails).
Old, cantankerous, and sorry if I piss you off - well, not really. Just enjoy!

#154 Spyder Rocket

Spyder Rocket
  • Members
  • 1,104 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 10:21 PM

@Jimbo34

I understand your frustrations with bar closings from your perspective, but as a tourist, I always seem to have a lot of fun on nights the bars are closed.

I usually stock my room with plenty of booze and arrange for a cutie, or two, or three to come around. Honestly, I have enjoyed the most debauchery on nights that the bars are closed.

It kind of proves your point about the closings not having their intended effect, but I'm always happy to see a bar closing when I am in country.

#155 thailover57

thailover57
  • Members
  • 1,291 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 11:56 PM

But half (if not more bars) turn their lights off and have customers drinks below the bar (unless they paid the money) and enjoy business as usual without the music. A joke!
Old, cantankerous, and sorry if I piss you off - well, not really. Just enjoy!

#156 Spyder Rocket

Spyder Rocket
  • Members
  • 1,104 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 04:01 AM

But half (if not more bars) turn their lights off and have customers drinks below the bar (unless they paid the money) and enjoy business as usual without the music. A joke!

That reminds me of my military days when stationed in Korea. A few of the bar owners would help us avoid the curfew by turning off the out side lights and shuttering the windows and locking the doors so the town patrol could not come in and find us.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Smooci