• Please log in to reply
333 replies to this topic

#133 jonnieb

jonnieb
  • Members
  • 520 posts

Posted 04 January 2014 - 04:17 PM

Saturday 4th Jan

I'll turn to my rant thread shortly after posting a few pics. Yesterday i spent 16 hours to get my visa rubber-stamped in Ranong - need i say more??!!
I also caught a virus/trojan on my pc (called Interpol Virus), ultimately necessitating the purchase of a new one! Not a great start to the year!

New visa...why? Don't you have a business visa with a work permit that you can renew annually in-country or are you working illegally in thailand? As for the virus, one has to be pretty dumb to get one these days...and why didn't you just reformat your OS installation drive and reinstall your operating system? Easy peasy.

#134 jimbo34

jimbo34
  • Members
  • 9,813 posts

Posted 04 January 2014 - 04:33 PM

New visa...why? Don't you have a business visa with a work permit that you can renew annually in-country or are you working illegally in thailand? As for the virus, one has to be pretty dumb to get one these days...and why didn't you just reformat your OS installation drive and reinstall your operating system? Easy peasy.

I do have a businessvisa and a work permit, smartypants. However, to do the quarterly sign-ons there are 16 separate items to be provided, including VAT returns and NI payment records, all notorised, in duplicate, signed by every man and his dog on every page. Don't ask about how i get the work permit - remember most things are available with the right-sized brown envelope. Not at Immigration though, apparently.

I tried reformatting and so on, on the pc, but the trojan was too clever and wouldn't let me. As the pc was 7 years old, it was no big deal.

And yes, i now have several layers of protection against a repeat.

#135 jonnieb

jonnieb
  • Members
  • 520 posts

Posted 04 January 2014 - 05:15 PM

I do have a businessvisa and a work permit, smartypants. However, to do the quarterly sign-ons there are 16 separate items to be provided, including VAT returns and NI payment records, all notorised, in duplicate, signed by every man and his dog on every page. Don't ask about how i get the work permit - remember most things are available with the right-sized brown envelope. Not at Immigration though, apparently.

I tried reformatting and so on, on the pc, but the trojan was too clever and wouldn't let me. As the pc was 7 years old, it was no big deal.
 And yes, i now have several layers of protection against a repeat.

Life was probably better when you were just a customer right? At least that's what I always figured so never had the urge to open a bar and herd cats all nite.

#136 jimbo34

jimbo34
  • Members
  • 9,813 posts

Posted 04 January 2014 - 07:16 PM

Nothing ever seems to be easy for me jonnieb. Even simple things can turn into a nightmare for me,

Take this afternoon for example.

I thought i should clean the bike, which has accumulated a layer of dust and mud due to the atrocious road maintenance in Patong.

I live in an apartment built into the hillside and involves walking down 40 steps to the front door. Conversely 40 steps to get back to road level, so a bit of planning goes into a task like cleaning the bike, in order to avoid keep traipsing up and down'

I decide to use an old shirt as the cleaning rag. While pulling the shirt out of the wardrobe clumsily, a whole pile of shirts come with it and land in an untidy heap on the floor.

I hastily put them back and head for the door.As i pull, the handle comes away.

Sigh. Get the screwdriver and spend 5 minutes fixing it.

As i put the screwdriver away in the cupboard under the sink i notice a dripping from the pipe joints.

Deep sigh. As i separate the pipes, a torrent of filthy water engulfs my hands and forearms. Loud curse. I spend 10 minutes mopping up, and another 10 minutes lying upside down on my back joining the 2 ruddy pipes. This leaves me dizzy. Ive also grazed my knuckles somehow and wipe the blood off onto the old shirt.

As i finally exit, thinking fukkit i haven't even started cleaning the bloody bike yet!

I trip over a cat. More blood from the knuckles. " FFS", i cuss.

At the top i turn on the hose to give the bike a douse and notice some cunt has moved the extension downstairs. So now the hose won't reach the bike.

I;m not going all the way down to get it and try to move the bike nearer to the hose. The footrest grazes my leg.

I mop the blood with the old shirt. 

As i wipe the water off the bike, my own blood smears across the paintwork. 

Oh for heavens sake!

In a fury i stomp back downstairs. Kick the cat out of the way, and return for another old shirt.

Once again the pile drops on the floor. I leave them there. Can't be arsed now.

I try to take the steps back up, two at a time and bash my grazed leg. 

My yelps scared off the other cat that was probably going to trip me up again.

I take care to bandage my leg with my handkerchief rather than use the old shirt. 

Finally wipe down the bike and return to an armchair reflecting that this simple little job has taken a full hour, cost me 2 shirts, grazed knuckles, and a cut leg.

"Herding the cats" tonight will seem a doddle.

• bubba, batman4ever, strobriand and 2 others like this

#137 Nick Bullseye

Nick Bullseye
  • Members
  • 2,009 posts
  • LocationParis, France

Posted 04 January 2014 - 08:17 PM

Shit happens  :D

Nick Bullseye

#138 jimbo34

jimbo34
  • Members
  • 9,813 posts

Posted 04 January 2014 - 08:24 PM

Why i didn't put that story on my rant thread, i just don't know!

#139 flipper3000

flipper3000
  • Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 04 January 2014 - 09:30 PM

Dear Jim

to me....

, sitting in the fine jannuary weather of northern Germany, about two galaxys away from the nearest lady ...

...you are still a winner!!!!

get well soon :rock:

#140 Spyder Rocket

Spyder Rocket
  • Members
  • 1,104 posts

Posted 04 January 2014 - 11:01 PM

I had that Yakkety Sax song from the old Benny Hill Show playing in my head as I read that. :)
  • tanewi likes this

#141 jimbo34

jimbo34
  • Members
  • 9,813 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 04:31 AM

Ok, thanks mods for moving it!

#142 Rollo

Rollo
  • Members
  • 337 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 09:24 PM

aha ha ha ha ha ha ha

Always a good laugh reading about your rants :D

Thailand has its problems...but it's the place where everybody here would like to live :roll:

Italy has its problems...and it's a place where I can't wait to run away.... :argh2:

#143 Zak601

Zak601
  • Members
  • 110 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 15 January 2014 - 07:02 AM

Jimbo,

Yours is not a rant...more like self deprecating humour at its best.

Anyhow, I am sure your place is better than this one...

Cheers

#144 jimbo34

jimbo34
  • Members
  • 9,813 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 03:42 AM

:argh:

Nearly got killed tonight! No, not by some drunk thaislime driving erratically in his pickup. Not from a bus rolling backwards down Patong Hill. Not by some dumb jackass T-boning me.

No it was by this thing:

Attached File  17.1.2014 006.JPG   115.14KB   13 downloads

Yes, a solar powered warning sign. Note, i said solar powered!

Supposed to warn us of the dangers of this drain

Attached File  17.1.2014 008.JPG   230.96KB   6 downloads

Trouble is: AT NIGHT (when the danger is greatest) THERE IS NO SUN YOU DUMB CUNTS !!

Dunno how i missed the bastard thing!

Attached File  17.1.2014 007.JPG   145.47KB   5 downloads

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Smooci