• Please log in to reply
333 replies to this topic

#121 Spyder Rocket

Spyder Rocket
  • Members
  • 1,104 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 06:01 AM

@ Jimbo

Just be thankful you were not in the US when Michael Jackson died or when Brittany Spears shaved her head. I started watching Al Jazeera English just to escape the wall-to-wall coverage of those two earth shattering events.
  • jimbo34 likes this

#122 Uncle

Uncle
  • Members
  • 341 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 10:00 AM

Just wondering if you've heard who won the second test Jimbo ?

#123 strobriand

strobriand
  • Members
  • 327 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 12:35 PM

Saturday 7th Dec

Would somebody call the BBC World Newsdesk and tell them yes we're sorry to see Nelson Mandela go, but there is actually some other news!  Ffs, he died days ago but all i'm getting is endless interviews with has-been politicians and "celebrities" telling me how wonderful he was. Yes, i know, but he's dead, can you pleeease give me some news?

My emails demanding the Corporation's head be brought to me in an empty marmalade pot, have gone unanswered.

Ah Jimbo it seems you are about to go to the next level of world news observation as I have. it is a waste of time I dont bother any more. News fuck it

• jimbo34 likes this

#124 Moo Yung

Moo Yung
  • Administrators
  • 649 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 02:54 PM

Saturday 7th Dec

Would somebody call the BBC World Newsdesk and tell them yes we're sorry to see Nelson Mandela go, but there is actually some other news!  Ffs, he died days ago but all i'm getting is endless interviews with has-been politicians and "celebrities" telling me how wonderful he was. Yes, i know, but he's dead, can you pleeease give me some news?

My emails demanding the Corporation's head be brought to me in an empty marmalade pot, have gone unanswered.

For a few days before all I heard was about Paul Walker's death. If he was worthy of more than 10 minutes of media coverage I guess Mandela deserves a good few months.

• jimbo34 and delusionalnerd like this

Find us on facebook: LADYBOYFORUM

#125 jimbo34

jimbo34
  • Members
  • 9,813 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 03:25 PM

Just wondering if you've heard who won the second test Jimbo ?

Yes i bloody have!

One piece of news i'd also rather gloss over, thanks.

#126 jimbo34

jimbo34
  • Members
  • 9,813 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 02:01 AM

Oh FFS ! Headlines on the BBC News website : "Mandela's daughter recalls final hours"

I'm glad i'm not paying the fooking licence fee for this crap! BBC - get over it. He was 96 for ffs! There's important news elsewhere - all over the fuckin globe actually, if you'd just get off your lazy arses and do some honest reporting!

• MrDragon likes this

#127 anicon

anicon
  • Members
  • 200 posts
  • LocationBigfoot Country

Posted 10 December 2013 - 07:52 AM

..since you mentioned news, an entire city that was wiped clean after typhoon Haiyan over 1 month ago there has been virtually no national TV news here of the recovery since the 1st week of that disaster.. this bit of news did show up on NBC World News today.. "On Friday, the World Bank approved $500 million in budget support that the Philippine government can use for short-term recovery and reconstruction. It is also providing technical assistance in designing housing, hospitals, schools and public facilities that can withstand super typhoons, strong earthquakes and severe floods."  wonder how much some of the corrupt politicians there will manage to syphon off for themselves for their own " recovery & reconstruction"..     :whistle:

.. not young enough to know everything & not old enough to have done everything!

#128 dixon cox

dixon cox

Monkey Nut

• Moderators
  • 7,150 posts
  • LocationCentral Pattaya

Posted 10 December 2013 - 01:59 PM

Saturday 7th Dec

Would somebody call the BBC World Newsdesk and tell them yes we're sorry to see Nelson Mandela go, but there is actually some other news!

Jim, it seems your message was heard   8%20White%20Flag.gif

Apparently your rant thread reaches a wider audience than we first thought   :mrgreen: 

More than 1,000 viewers have complained about 'excessive' coverage of Nelson Mandela's death on BBC services, including some who grumbled about a repeat of Mrs Brown's Boys being interrupted.

Source: Daily Mail

Meum cerebrum nocet

#129 batman4ever

batman4ever

• Moderators
  • 4,822 posts
  • LocationScandinavia

Posted 10 December 2013 - 02:46 PM

Stop your rants Jim...

The smoked salmon arrives on monday....3 PM at the local daytime HQ... :D 

A ladyboy is a kind of creature...that makes a txt saying...dont you trust me...and send it to 20 people... :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:

https://www.facebook.com/ladyboyforum

#130 Spyder Rocket

Spyder Rocket
  • Members
  • 1,104 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 08:13 PM

The CBS news cast opened this morning with footage from the rainy memorial service; the lead news anchor remarked that the rain was a sign that the gates of heaven were being opened to admit Nelson Mandela.

I haven't watched BBC in awhile, but you Brits don't say dumb shit like that, do you?

#131 jimbo34

jimbo34
  • Members
  • 9,813 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 09:22 PM

Jim, it seems your message was heard   8%20White%20Flag.gif

Apparently your rant thread reaches a wider audience than we first thought   :mrgreen: 

Source: Daily Mail

Interesting, DC, glad i'm not the only grumpy :old: around!

Stop your rants Jim...

The smoked salmon arrives on monday....3 PM at the local daytime HQ... :D 

You'd hate it if i stopped ranting.

Yum, looking forward to a sliver of smoked salmon.

The CBS news cast opened this morning with footage from the rainy memorial service; the lead news anchor remarked that the rain was a sign that the gates of heaven were being opened to admit Nelson Mandela.

I haven't watched BBC in awhile, but you Brits don't say dumb shit like that, do you?

OMG, that is so american. I'd have vomited if i'd heard that.

OMG, if the BBC ever start that crap i am going to asasinate someone!

#132 jimbo34

jimbo34
  • Members
  • 9,813 posts

Posted 04 January 2014 - 04:14 PM

Can't believe my last post was 10th December!

Have i been placid for all that time? Really?

Well that all changed yesterday:

It was time to do my visa run.

Normally i would fly in and out of KL on the same day. Leaving home at 5.30 am and getting back about 2.30 in the afternoon. All relatively civilised, and much safer than the bus ride to Ranong.

However, when i checked the flights to KL for early this month, they were astronomical and i resigned myself to the ordeal, and risk, of the minibus to Ranong. Its normally a 5 hour ride, a couple of hours doing the crossing, and then 5 hours back again.

Cost 1500 baht.

Yesterday we set off at 6 a.m. (no sleep of course!), and everything went well, arriving in Ranong at 11.30. However the queue, normally 20 or 30 people, was almost 200 ! Immigration still had only the one window open, ffs! So it took 1 hr 40 mins to get to the front.

On seeing my scowling face, the woman next to me said "Cheer up, its almost over now!". I turned to her and growled "You're fucking kidding - we've got to cross to Burma and join the queue at their immigration, then come back here to these monkeys and get the fucking immigration stamps. So we've got this same queue 2 more times yet!"

Her face was a picture.

The whole thing was a fucking nightmare, and i finally got home at 10pm, resolving never again to do the bus ride to Ranong. I'll be flying to KL next time, no matter what the cost!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Smooci