• Please log in to reply
385 replies to this topic

#169 Hoot

Hoot
  • Members
  • 707 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 10:16 AM

Bangkok - Day 1

I decided to spend the first couple nights in Bangkok getting over the jet-lag and steadying my feet underneath me. I grabbed a taxi from the stand on the first floor and headed to my hotel, the Dawin. The cost of the ride was just under 400 baht.

The Dawin isn't bad. I liked the location, it is a quick stroll to Guess Bar and Nana. The basic rooms are a bit small for my liking, but nicely appointed (yes I know, no bum gun). Though I don't have anything negative to say about the place, other than the aforementioned hiney hose, I'll probably look for other options next time around as I don't think the high season prices seem worth the cost.

I've never spent much time in Bangkok so it is always a bit overwhelming to me when I arrive. The crazy traffic, masses of people, and vastness of the city overload my senses. The most exploration I ever did was 5 or 6 years ago on my first trip. Now days it is a quick layover if I'm heading to Phuket, otherwise I give it a miss.

As I was in early, about 7am, I decided on a shower and quick battle nap. After arising about lunch time I wanted to head out on foot and get my bearings. I like to walk a lot on my trips, it's a good way to get the lay of the land and a little exercise to clear the brain.

I grabbed some lunch at the hotel before I set about to wander the streets, taking a couple of random photos and checking out the place.

I was happy to be back in Thailand, I miss this place.

#170 Hoot

Hoot
  • Members
  • 707 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 01:39 PM

You guys easily saw through Phuket final thoughts ruse. Just attempting to get out of a little work ;-)

There is a Pattaya leg to the journey still to come...though it maybe slightly abridged as the old camera bit the dust after a couple days. Without pictures I find it hard to piece together the memories.

I best get back to it before what's left of my memory fails me. :old:

#171 Hoot

Hoot
  • Members
  • 707 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 03:02 PM

Pattaya - Three Days I Remember, The Rest I Kinda Don't

I arrived back in Bangkok with little issue and Mr. T had a driver waiting for me when I arrived. As we cruised down the highway at breakneck speed we passed two nasty accidents, a rollover and a jack knifed tractor trailer. I couldn't help to think back to the conversation I had in Nana earlier in the week. The guy proclaimed 'Thai's are the best drivers in the world. Have you ever seen any accidents?" It gave me a chuckle. No, never.

I put myself up at the Page 10 hotel. It got a good review on another thread so I won't post much here. What I will say is I liked the location, and the hotel was quite nice. Though for being so new, I was surprised the rooms had been so dinged up already. Maybe Motley Crue had booked a comeback tour through Pattaya.

Pictures on the website had a see through wall into the bathroom. I thought that might be kind of cool, getting a glimpse at my chosen companions suddsing up. Only two problems. They always closed the sliding doors, and you couldn't see in the shower anyway. Your best hope was the view of the toilet. Which is far less erotic, unless you are into that sort of thing. I'm not going to judge.

I made my way to La Bumbar where there was only one other customer in attendance. Cindy had gone home for a couple weeks and Patty, a favorite of mine from last visit, was also missing. There was only one other customer , we had a few drinks and a chat before moving on.

Did the usual circuit to Obsessions, Koyo, and a wander down Walking Steet. Had a few beers here and there but nothing quite took my fancy.

The one thing I noticed was the lack of crowd. You could easily walk down the typically crowded sidewalks and walking street without bumping shoulders with anyone.

Still tired from last nights adventure, I headed home.

#172 Hoot

Hoot
  • Members
  • 707 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 03:13 PM

If you're one of the four people reading this thread, by now you know my standard M.O. for the day was to walk around, explore, and snap a few photos.

Not much sparked my interest other than how unusually quiet it was compared to visits in peak season. I thought I even heard crickets at one point while walking down beach road, but it was just the sound of the free lancers rubbing their legs together as I passed by.

Did I Mention I Hate Bugs?
When I got back to the hotel I took a look out my window to find wasps or hornets, I really don't know the difference between the two, had busily been building nests in both corners of my balcony. I considered calling down to the front desk, but thought this explanation might require lots of hand signal, me flapping my arms, wagging my butt, and making buzzing sounds. So I headed downstairs, did my best bee impression and got some help.

They sent me back up with one of the bell boys who proceeded to grab one of those soft brooms they use to clean your rooms from the nearby maids cart. I couldn't help but think this was not going to go well. He didn't speak English, so my attempts to persuade him fell on deaf ears. Besides, who am I to stop potential genius in the works.

He slid the door open, took a swat and hopped back inside. He did this two or three more times before I was able to stop him. That broom wasn't doing anything but making them mad, and they were swarming the door. Next he heads back to the maid cart and grabs some sort of spray bottle. I'm not sure what he was thinking, maybe that they would go away once they had a bath.

I stopped him before I had a room full of angry hornets and he got both himself and me stung...needless to say I changed rooms.

#173 petesie

petesie
  • Members
  • 8,011 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 03:19 PM

Highly entertaining read me old mate... :clapclap:

Can you please come clean the coffee off my screen... :D
"My advice is just thank the god that doesnt exist for the rib he didnt take to create the women thats not a women that he didnt make for the naturaly uncut cock n enjoy it, they sure are fun." - Boomdraw

#174 BigTel

BigTel
  • Members
  • 429 posts
  • LocationLinda Bar

Posted 22 June 2011 - 03:29 PM

The Pattaya Air Force still flying :lol: priceless Hoot

:cheers:
I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure.

#175 thailover57

thailover57
  • Members
  • 1,291 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 03:57 PM

You have a way with words - "but it was just the sound of the free lancers rubbing their legs together as I passed by."

Great report. And as for Ging, I had a very nice short time. She said, "I want you cum first." I didn't say no, was that okay? LOL

A side note - when I was with her in the bar and asked her name, she said @#$%. Couldn't tell what she said. So I asked her to spell it - I heard C-I-N-D. Could have been G-I-N-G. I guess way too many rock concerts in my youth. She was really nice.

#176 petesie

petesie
  • Members
  • 8,011 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 09:43 PM

For one so hesitant it's a brilliant start...some great lines there partner...can I use them? :rock:

Thanks for taking the trouble to title the photo's, it's an oft missed part of some TR's which is a shame as it's the perfect opportunity for those snappy one liners...

Keep it coming Hootster!
"My advice is just thank the god that doesnt exist for the rib he didnt take to create the women thats not a women that he didnt make for the naturaly uncut cock n enjoy it, they sure are fun." - Boomdraw

#177 Bumblebee

Bumblebee
  • Members
  • 3,978 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 05:53 AM

I considered calling down to the front desk, but thought this explanation might require lots of hand signal, me flapping my arms, wagging my butt, and making buzzing sounds. So I headed downstairs, did my best bee impression and got some help.

Brilliant Hoot, that gave me a good laugh, cheers.
We laugh because it is true.

#178 boomdraw

boomdraw
  • Banned
  • 735 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 03:37 AM

low season is the only season i like in thailand, buyers market, less people, cheaper and did i say less people

#179 Bumblebee

Bumblebee
  • Members
  • 3,978 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 04:44 AM

Prologue
I'd like to impress you with stories of my awesomeness, pictures of the many girls I shagged, and the oddball adventures that I got up to. The truth is a lot less exciting. .....
.....I contemplated posting just the highlights of the adventure, but that wouldn't give the full color of the trip. Much like life, it had it's ups and downs. "It is what it is" as they say.

Fully with you there Hoot. Best to cover it all, the quiet moments along with the fun bits. Show the bigger picture rather than just the room action. Makes it feel more real that way I reckon. Looking forward to reading how you got on going solo.
We laugh because it is true.

#180 Hoot

Hoot
  • Members
  • 707 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 11:36 AM

For one so hesitant it's a brilliant start...some great lines there partner...can I use them? :rock:

Thanks for taking the trouble to title the photo's, it's an oft missed part of some TR's which is a shame as it's the perfect opportunity for those snappy one liners...

Keep it coming Hootster!

Thanks buddy. I'm so sleep deprived at the moment, I'm just happy to put together a complete sentence.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Smooci