• Please log in to reply
385 replies to this topic

#1 Hoot

Hoot
  • Members
  • 707 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 09:42 AM

Prologue

It hasn't been long since I've returned back home after a two week jaunt to Thailand. I've been letting things simmer a bit as I reflected on the travels, both the highs and lows, and whether it made sense to try and cobble together some sort of trip report.

I returned with very few photos, either of the girls or my travels, which is strange seeing how I really enjoy getting out and taking pics. Having my trusty Canon S95 fail half way through the trip is no doubt part of the problem, but there was also the daily funk I found myself in where I just didn't feel like getting out there, or pulling out the camera.

I'd like to impress you with stories of my awesomeness, pictures of the many girls I shagged, and the oddball adventures that I got up to. The truth is a lot less exciting.

I learned a few things along the way that only solo travel (mongering) can teach you. And venturing out on your own definitely gives a different flavor to a trip.

I contemplated posting just the highlights of the adventure, but that wouldn't give the full color of the trip. Much like life, it had it's ups and downs. "It is what it is" as they say.

It was a different trip than I've experienced before, but enjoyable in it's own right. Most importantly is was a much needed break from the burn out and depression I was feeling at home.

#2 Hoot

Hoot
  • Members
  • 707 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 09:52 AM

D-Day

My Thai Airways flight sat on the tarmac at LAX for an extra hour as they loaded on some sort of cargo. I silently hoped to myself that it was revolutionary new gear from the U.S. that would get rid of the foul smell that wafts from the sewers on the streets of Pattaya and Phuket.

The time passed quickly as I struck up a conversation with a girl from LA who was making her first solo trip to Thailand. She was going to see it all in two weeks. Bangkok, Koh Samui, Chiang Mai, and a side trip to Angkor. I admired her optimism. I was hoping I'd be able to just get out of my hotel rooms most days.

The flight finally got underway and I'm once again surprised that the 17hour flight doesn't bother me. The extra leg room and service in premium economy help, but the flight passes rather quickly nonetheless.

We land twenty minutes ahead of schedule, even with an hour delay. Why is it they only put the pedal to the metal after a delay? I wish they would do it every time and save me an hour of my life that I don't have to fill with some crappy airline movie like Season of the Witch.

We arrived in the early hours of the morning and clearing passport control was a breeze. I headed outside into the steamy summer heat ready to begin my adventure.

#3 Hoot

Hoot
  • Members
  • 707 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 10:16 AM

Bangkok - Day 1

I decided to spend the first couple nights in Bangkok getting over the jet-lag and steadying my feet underneath me. I grabbed a taxi from the stand on the first floor and headed to my hotel, the Dawin. The cost of the ride was just under 400 baht.

The Dawin isn't bad. I liked the location, it is a quick stroll to Guess Bar and Nana. The basic rooms are a bit small for my liking, but nicely appointed (yes I know, no bum gun). Though I don't have anything negative to say about the place, other than the aforementioned hiney hose, I'll probably look for other options next time around as I don't think the high season prices seem worth the cost.

I've never spent much time in Bangkok so it is always a bit overwhelming to me when I arrive. The crazy traffic, masses of people, and vastness of the city overload my senses. The most exploration I ever did was 5 or 6 years ago on my first trip. Now days it is a quick layover if I'm heading to Phuket, otherwise I give it a miss.

As I was in early, about 7am, I decided on a shower and quick battle nap. After arising about lunch time I wanted to head out on foot and get my bearings. I like to walk a lot on my trips, it's a good way to get the lay of the land and a little exercise to clear the brain.

I grabbed some lunch at the hotel before I set about to wander the streets, taking a couple of random photos and checking out the place.

I was happy to be back in Thailand, I miss this place.

#4 petesie

petesie
  • Members
  • 8,011 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 09:43 PM

For one so hesitant it's a brilliant start...some great lines there partner...can I use them? :rock:

Thanks for taking the trouble to title the photo's, it's an oft missed part of some TR's which is a shame as it's the perfect opportunity for those snappy one liners...

Keep it coming Hootster!
"My advice is just thank the god that doesnt exist for the rib he didnt take to create the women thats not a women that he didnt make for the naturaly uncut cock n enjoy it, they sure are fun." - Boomdraw

#5 boomdraw

boomdraw
  • Banned
  • 735 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 03:37 AM

low season is the only season i like in thailand, buyers market, less people, cheaper and did i say less people

#6 Bumblebee

Bumblebee
  • Members
  • 3,978 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 04:44 AM

Prologue
I'd like to impress you with stories of my awesomeness, pictures of the many girls I shagged, and the oddball adventures that I got up to. The truth is a lot less exciting. .....
.....I contemplated posting just the highlights of the adventure, but that wouldn't give the full color of the trip. Much like life, it had it's ups and downs. "It is what it is" as they say.

Fully with you there Hoot. Best to cover it all, the quiet moments along with the fun bits. Show the bigger picture rather than just the room action. Makes it feel more real that way I reckon. Looking forward to reading how you got on going solo.
We laugh because it is true.

#7 Hoot

Hoot
  • Members
  • 707 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 11:36 AM

For one so hesitant it's a brilliant start...some great lines there partner...can I use them? :rock:

Thanks for taking the trouble to title the photo's, it's an oft missed part of some TR's which is a shame as it's the perfect opportunity for those snappy one liners...

Keep it coming Hootster!

Thanks buddy. I'm so sleep deprived at the moment, I'm just happy to put together a complete sentence.

#8 Hoot

Hoot
  • Members
  • 707 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 11:52 AM

Fully with you there Hoot. Best to cover it all, the quiet moments along with the fun bits. Show the bigger picture rather than just the room action. Makes it feel more real that way I reckon. Looking forward to reading how you got on going solo.

I always enjoy reading about what others get up to on their holiday when they are not in the bars -- makes me feel like I am there as well. However when I recap my own adventures, sometimes I realize I'm one boring traveler. :D

#9 Hoot

Hoot
  • Members
  • 707 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 11:59 AM

My wander took me across Sukhumvit where I ran into a couple of ladyboy street walkers plying their wares. I didn't get a good enough look the first time I passed by, so I decided to turn around and walk past them again. One of them was pretty cute, but I fear the day walkers. It's not natural for them to be out in sunlight...or maybe that's just vampires, either way I wasn't taking any chances.

I then ventured up the Soi where Gulliver's is located. That is where I found the guy with the official worst job in the world. He was neck deep in a storm drain trying to unclog it. I think I was in such shock that I didn't snap a single picture, but I wish I had. I'd pin it to the wall of my cube to remind me my cushy desk job isn't so bad.

It was nearing 5pm on my way back to the hotel so I decided to grab a seat on the rail at Big Dogs and watch the procession. The bar was deserted except for a few lost souls like myself, so I had my choice of seating.

Struck up a conversation with a fellow countryman seated next to me. We chatted for a couple hours and drank a few beers. He was even kind enough to point out a couple of ladyboy's on the way in...nice fellow, didn't want a newbie like me getting fooled. ;-)

#10 Hoot

Hoot
  • Members
  • 707 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 12:11 PM

When the parade died down and darkness set in I knew it was time to return to the hotel for a little clean up. With the scrubbing up completed, the clock striking nine and I was headed out the door. Guess Bar was going to be my first port of call. I wanted to chill out before heading into the craziness of Nana.

I'd not been to Guess Bar in years. Actually the last time was when they were across Sukhumvit in the old location. When I dropped in this night, I found myself to be the only customer. I grabbed a seat at the bar and was immediately pounced on by the girls. They were actually queued up three or four deep. Each one waiting for the girl in front to be rejected so they could have their shot.

I finally decided to have Nan join me for a drink. I wanted to relax and have a few drinks and that is exactly what I did, except for part where Nan kept grinding in my lap the entire time. After a few beers and a round or two of grope and tickle, she wanted to leave because she was horny and I wanted to leave because I was hungry. First things first my dear. I paid her bar fine and we were on our way.

I don't know any places to eat around Nana so I asked for a recommendation. She said she'd eaten at the restaurant in the middle of the car park before with customer. I found it an odd place for a restaurant, but once up on the deck it is actually quite nice, and the food was good. Where else but Thailand will they build an open air restaurant in the middle of a parking lot.

The rains stayed away and I had an enjoyable meal and she sipped her orange juice in the cool night breeze.

#11 BigTel

BigTel
  • Members
  • 429 posts
  • LocationLinda Bar

Posted 08 June 2011 - 03:07 PM

Good start to your trip report Hoot, like your style of telling it exactly how it is, looking forward to more of your adventure :D . Nan looks cute :harhar:

cheers Amigo :cheers:
I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure.

#12 Guest_pentire_*

Guest_pentire_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 June 2011 - 04:04 PM

Nan looks cute :harhar:

Not with those damn teeth braces :whistle:

Nice reporting Hoot.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Smooci