• Please log in to reply
787 replies to this topic

#13 BigTel

BigTel
  • Members
  • 429 posts
  • LocationLinda Bar

Posted 01 June 2011 - 06:05 PM

Good Luck Macman, I wish you all the very best.

:cheers: Tel
I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure.

#14 dazedandconfused

dazedandconfused
  • Members
  • 128 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 10:47 PM

Hi there Macman. Just read you post, got the mental map out and tried to work out where you were gonna be living. I've given up!

Anyways, hope all works out well for you - and there is no reason why it shouldn't. The Philippines is a good country with it's heart usually in the right place and has been my home for some time now.

If and when you pass through Manila sometime give me a shout - it would be interesting to hear about your new life. And you are sure going to appreciate a short stay in the Big City after a while in the province! If you need any advice on matters PI related feel free to drop a PM.

#15 Macman

Macman
  • Members
  • 988 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 06:31 AM

Thanks, guys. I'm in the Hong Kong airport right now, changing planes. I'm pretty much wiped out from the move (I accumulated a lot of crap in my lifetime.) I'll get back in touch when I'm settled. Dazed, I'll be on Leyte. Not sure if I'll ever get up Manila way. Cebu seems like the closest big city for me if I feel the need of city life. Thanks again for all the good wishes, everyone.

Macman
Actually living the dream.

#16 yung havok

yung havok
  • Members
  • 535 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 06:47 AM

So you left New York behind, good for you, that's something I dream of doing as soon as I get the chance.

#17 singdick

singdick
  • Members
  • 225 posts

Posted 03 June 2011 - 11:08 PM

Well firstly, best of luck. Any relationship IMHO is always full of challenges and I would take it one at a time.
Given the Filipino culture and languages spoken there I'll stick my neck out and say that you're better off in the Philippines than Thailand. On average the communication ought to be better and that'll go a fair way in maintaining the relationship.
Cheers

#18 Macman

Macman
  • Members
  • 988 posts

Posted 04 June 2011 - 01:44 PM

I hope you fulfill your dream, yung. And thanks for the encouragement, singdick. We just got to our apartment after spending a couple of nights in Cebu. (I was too damn tired to travel after the flight.) I'm gonna crash the rest of the day, and then begin my new life.

Macman

#19 Legend

Legend
  • Members
  • 3,923 posts

Posted 04 June 2011 - 04:19 PM

best of luck man,
it would be nice if you could blog us occasionally on how things are going.
the good , the bad, the family stuff etc..... it would make a good read for us all.
cheers.
8)
"im sure if u look around u can find a sunken face under caloried 10 year vet tranny bar girl, her face might not be as uniquely sunken or her ass dents so dented but just have a look, life is full of options." - boomdraw.

#20 petesie

petesie
  • Members
  • 8,011 posts

Posted 04 June 2011 - 09:46 PM

You read my mind Ant... :clapclap:

Best of luck to you both... :D
"My advice is just thank the god that doesnt exist for the rib he didnt take to create the women thats not a women that he didnt make for the naturaly uncut cock n enjoy it, they sure are fun." - Boomdraw

#21 Macman

Macman
  • Members
  • 988 posts

Posted 05 June 2011 - 02:22 PM

I'll do that eventually, Anthony. Right now I'm adjusting to the cultural shock. The differences between New York City and here are enormous, but the people are really nice and hospitable, so I'm very optimistic. I'll try and keep you up to date as I go.

#22 Legend

Legend
  • Members
  • 3,923 posts

Posted 05 June 2011 - 04:31 PM

I'm adjusting to the cultural shock. The differences between New York City and here are enormous

this is the stuff we would like to hear.
eventually stuff that will become normal to you, would be very interesting for us.
putytats thread on life, living and behaviour in thailand is priceless. 8)
"im sure if u look around u can find a sunken face under caloried 10 year vet tranny bar girl, her face might not be as uniquely sunken or her ass dents so dented but just have a look, life is full of options." - boomdraw.

#23 Macman

Macman
  • Members
  • 988 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 11:24 AM

OK, Anthony, I'll try to do that. Give me some time because it would be silly to say anything now, when everything is new. I can tell you one thing now though. The only adapting that I'll have to do will be that of a cultural/geographic one. My personal romantic relationship feels no different than any other relationship I've had. When I'm with her, I never think of her as anything but a woman. She's special, not in the sense that she's transgendered, but in the sense that she's perfect for me. We seem to fit, and that goes a long way. Anyway, I'll report on life in P.I. after a month or so, and try to keep it current.

#24 Macman

Macman
  • Members
  • 988 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 02:10 PM

Because of Anthony's comments, I have read the first 4 pages of Putytat's thread on living in Thailand. It's a great read, and a must for anyone thinking of relocating to the LOS. I'll be happy to give you my impressions of life here in The Philippines, but my situation is very different than that of Putytat. I came here specifically to be with my transgendered GF. On my last visit here in February, we looked at an apartment that was recommended by her cousin. It's a nice garden apartment building with only 4 other tenants, the owner included. We took a 6-month lease, and she moved in on March 15th, while I was still in the States, making preparations for my trip here. For that reason, I didn't have any of the problems of finding an agent, etc. that Putytat had. My biggest problem was that the walls in every room (it's a 2-bedroom apartment) were painted a horrible lime green. My GF did a great job of having the rooms repainted, and a terrific job of decorating the place. We Skyped every day, so I saw the progress. By the time I arrived, it was perfect for me.
Another difference you'll find in my thread is my very mundane day-to-day life. Since Putytat is single, he naturally is taking part in the Pattaya night life. I'm afraid my nights won't interest anyone, unless you are thrilled with knowing things like the fact that we had some friends over the other night and played Texas Hold 'em. Not thrilled? Didn't think so. How about the fact that we're going to go on a zipline thing on Saturday with friends. No? Damn. Sorry.
Probably the biggest thing was referenced by singdick. Here in The Philippines, just about everyone speaks English. It makes a huge difference. I think the culture here, while very different in some aspects from the U.S., is much more geared towards the West than Thailand. However, some of the points that Puty made concerning things like TV, Western conveniences, etc. ring very true here. Speaking of that, we're off to the cable company. Right now we have an antenna that gives us one station, most of it in Tagalog or Bisaya, with a little English thrown in. We're getting cable that will give us about 40 stations, a lot of it programs from the U.S. (reruns)and things like the NBA playoffs (live). It costs 400 Philippine pesos a month, less than $10 U.S. If I haven't lost you with my boring life-style by now, I'll come back soon with some of the problems that a guy from New York will find here.

Macman

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Smooci