Photography Tips

• Please log in to reply
101 replies to this topic

#49 thailover57

thailover57
  • Members
  • 1,291 posts

Posted 05 September 2010 - 08:34 AM

The tips are good, thanks. Just the info on the grid on my camera was completely enlightening. Who knew? LOL But I also won't be critical of anyone posting any shots of LB's. A bad shot of an LB is better than no shot.

#50 kliome

kliome
  • Moderators
  • 5,527 posts

Posted 05 September 2010 - 05:19 PM

You've done a grand job BB :clapclap:

Dating ladyboys in Thailand Thai Friendly 

Meeting ladyboys around the world My Ladyboy Date

Best Thailand (and global) hotel deals Discounted Hotels

#51 Bumblebee

Bumblebee
  • Members
  • 3,978 posts

Posted 05 September 2010 - 07:07 PM

Thanks for the feedback guys, appreciated, it's a pleasure to share this info. As I mentioned at the beginning I am just an eager amateur, I have never done a photography course in my life nor do I own a flash DSLR camera. Most of the techniques I have acquired have been from websites like the ones linked in the posts here.

I just wanted to show that you don't have to necessarily be an expert to take well composed, pleasing on the eye shots. All it takes is someone with a decent point and shoot, plus a bit of know how to produce good results.

I presume most of us are using digital by now, so with the information here, when you get a chance, start practicing before you head to Los and see how the shots come out. From my own experience a trip to Thailand is more enjoyable when you realise you are taking good pictures to capture your memories rather than the "that will do" type of shots.

If you have any questions, or you want to submit a photo for myself or others here to advise you on how it could have been composed better feel free to do so.

Keep shooting guys!! :pic:
We laugh because it is true.

#52 Bumblebee

Bumblebee
  • Members
  • 3,978 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 03:54 AM

Kind thanks to Redeye for giving me the nod to use some of his photos from the Cocktails & Dreams thread to show how photos can look with the composition tips from this thread. The quality is not as good as the originals as I had to crop them but I am sure you can see what I am trying to achieve.

With both of these photos I cropped then to fill as much of the frame as possible and yet still keep as much of the original subject as I could.

Attached Files

#53 Bumblebee

Bumblebee
  • Members
  • 3,978 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 04:03 AM

The same here, I moved the girls from the centre to one side to give the impression of distance in the direction their bodies are facing and filling the frame as much as I could.

Thank you once again Redeye for allowing me to use your quality shots in these examples. Have fun shooting, you have a great camera there. :D

Attached Files

#54 redeye

redeye
  • Members
  • 101 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 04:30 AM

Hi Bumblebee,

Yes I can definitely see the improvement there. I think is all a matter of taking enough time over each shot. Most of us amateur photographers tend to point the camera in approx the right direction and press the shutter.
Interestingly enough whilst I was taking some of my pictures (particularly the close up facials) your words "fill the frame" did keep coming to mind and I got as close as possible.

I'll have to go out and do some practicing :)

#55 Bumblebee

Bumblebee
  • Members
  • 3,978 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 05:15 AM

Hi Bumblebee,

Yes I can definitely see the improvement there. I think is all a matter of taking enough time over each shot. Most of us amateur photographers tend to point the camera in approx the right direction and press the shutter.
Interestingly enough whilst I was taking some of my pictures (particularly the close up facials) your words "fill the frame" did keep coming to mind and I got as close as possible.

I'll have to go out and do some practicing :)

Glad to be of help Redeye. That's the whole point of the thread and remember I am an amateur also, you have a much higher spec camera than either of my two shooters.

Those photos I chose, you would have got the same composition as the cropped ones if you had turned your camera sideways and zoomed or alternatively positioned yourself closer to the subject. You can see how I cropped them so that it appears the girls are facing into space.

Thanks again for your help, good to see some BMs taking an interest in improving their photography. As you say yourself it's just a matter of practicing. Cheers. :pic:

#56 silkpanties

silkpanties
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 12:05 PM

Just to add something, I do an awful lot of photography, mainly portrait and this year invested in photoshop 5. You can download a free copy from the adobe website and that will allow you 30 days messing around with it. Now the trouble with this software is there is just so much on there it can be quite daunting, however help is at hand.

If you go to iTunes there are a huge assortment of podcasts to watch and even some Itunes U courses and they are all free, they teach some amazing effects and they really can make a difference to a great shot, plus the added bonus, the subjects you shoot look even better!

#57 redeye

redeye
  • Members
  • 101 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 12:29 PM

Thanks silkpanties that's a good tip. I have photoshop and have 'played' with it but your right there are so many features it is very daunting. I'll take a look at some of those podcasts and get learning

#58 Bumblebee

Bumblebee
  • Members
  • 3,978 posts

Posted 13 September 2010 - 06:16 AM

For any of you guys thinking of buying a camera this is quite a good site for reviews and other helpful information about all things photographic.

http://www.cameralab...l_cameras.shtml

#59 Uncle

Uncle
  • Members
  • 341 posts

Posted 19 September 2010 - 08:14 AM

Just took the opportunity on a lazy Sunday morning to read through your thread BB.

Thank's for the tips and taking the time to post them. I have no idea about photography and usually just point and hope for the best (a bit like my sex life) but I'm keen to try a few of your suggestions on my next trip.

I like the DOF shot. I'm not sure how to explain it but to my eye it causes the main subject to come alive.

#60 Bumblebee

Bumblebee
  • Members
  • 3,978 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 03:53 AM

Just took the opportunity on a lazy Sunday morning to read through your thread BB.

Thank's for the tips and taking the time to post them. I have no idea about photography and usually just point and hope for the best (a bit like my sex life) but I'm keen to try a few of your suggestions on my next trip.

I like the DOF shot. I'm not sure how to explain it but to my eye it causes the main subject to come alive.

Thanks Uncle, hope you get some use and good results from them. Yeah I like the effect of the DOF also. It removes all background distraction and allows the viewer to focus solely on the subject. Here is a butterfly down on Koh Phi Phi. I used macro mode for this one, gave the same effect.

Attached Files

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Smooci