Photography Tips

• Please log in to reply
101 replies to this topic

#37 Crackerjax

Crackerjax
  • Members
  • 1,727 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 02:56 PM

Enjoying this thread gentlemen. I may even go and buy a camera and try my hand at it. :D

#38 Bumblebee

Bumblebee
  • Members
  • 3,978 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 03:32 PM

Very good point Pacman about taking a load of photos to be sure of getting one or two that are the way you want them. Just keep shooting gents, there is always the delete option.
We laugh because it is true.

#39 Bumblebee

Bumblebee
  • Members
  • 3,978 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 04:43 AM

Maybe this thread has awakened your interest in buying a digital camera or upgrading your present one. This good article from PCworld will be of help in making your decision easier on what type of camera to buy.

http://www.pcworld.c....html?tk=fv_rel

#40 Surin Nix

Surin Nix
  • Members
  • 1,686 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 08:39 AM

If you are taking a photo of an ugly person, and you put their face on the gridlines, will it make them prettier?

;-)
Nix

#41 thailover57

thailover57
  • Members
  • 1,291 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 08:56 AM

No it breaks the lens along the gridlines :clapclap: :clapclap:

#42 Surin Nix

Surin Nix
  • Members
  • 1,686 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 09:18 AM

No it breaks the lens along the gridlines :clapclap: :clapclap:

Much appreciated wisdom from a fellow "Ladyboy Hunter". To date, my finest achievement!
Nix

#43 thailover57

thailover57
  • Members
  • 1,291 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 09:58 AM

Just trying to soak up all the knowledge. Sorry just trying to be humorous.

#44 Surin Nix

Surin Nix
  • Members
  • 1,686 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 10:34 AM

and you were! I got it. No need to say your sorry about anything.

I was just playing myself.

We're amigos!

:rock: (as well as LB-69 sanctioned: "Ladyboy Hunters", thereby vested with all powers and authorities with said position. I think that means we can order newbies to pay our bar-bill, or something.

Sorry Bumblebee. Back on topic.....

Question. Do you use a separate flash, one of those fancy-looking ones I see photographers using with their SLR's, or is your flash integrated into your camera? I had an external flash years ago with an old Nikon FG. Loved the camera, but never got the hang of using the flash.
Nix

#45 Bumblebee

Bumblebee
  • Members
  • 3,978 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 08:46 PM

and you were! I got it. No need to say your sorry about anything.

I was just playing myself.

We're amigos!

:rock: (as well as LB-69 sanctioned: "Ladyboy Hunters", thereby vested with all powers and authorities with said position. I think that means we can order newbies to pay our bar-bill, or something.

Sorry Bumblebee. Back on topic.....

Question. Do you use a separate flash, one of those fancy-looking ones I see photographers using with their SLR's, or is your flash integrated into your camera? I had an external flash years ago with an old Nikon FG. Loved the camera, but never got the hang of using the flash.

I only use the integrated flash on my cameras Nixworld 1. My Canon has a hot shoe mount for attaching a flash but I have yet to buy one. Here is an article for those interested in this type of flash.

http://www.digitalph...are_so_good.htm

#46 Bumblebee

Bumblebee
  • Members
  • 3,978 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 07:17 AM

Depth of Field. DOF.

You will often see photos like the one here, where the subject is sharp and the background is blurred. It looks good as the subject is in really clear focus and there are no background distractions. You will need manual controls on your camera to create this effect , so some cameras will not be able to achieve this, and turn the dial to Av or A for Aperture. Rather than me trying to explain how this works I'll leave it to the experts. The tutorials here will guide you through how you can create this type of photo.

http://www.dslrtips...._of_field.shtml

http://digital-photo...ol.com/aperture

Attached Files

• Attached File  p33.jpg   97.72KB   45 downloads

#47 Bumblebee

Bumblebee
  • Members
  • 3,978 posts

Posted 05 September 2010 - 05:28 AM

I have left this thread drift for a while now. I feel the tips I have mentioned, along with the helpful contributions from other BMs cover most of the basic photographic situations the majority of BMs encounter in Los or in most everyday situations. Following these simple guidelines will noticeably improve the presentation of your photos.

It is amusing and obvious looking at photos taken and posted since this thread started who has read it and absorbed the information and who has not taken it on board or more likely has not read it. :roll:

The idea behind this thread was to give BMs who like to mostly use a regular point and shoot camera, pointers they may not have been aware off, on how to improve their photos. I feel the main areas have been covered at this stage. I don't want to go too much into technical details as most guys interested in this will know about it already and to be honest it's not my area.

#48 scottiej23

scottiej23
  • Members
  • 499 posts

Posted 05 September 2010 - 08:29 AM

This is going to help me out a lot. I am forever lamenting that my photos are fairly lackluster and essentially try to compensate by taking three of four pictures of each shot in the hope that one will turn out OK. Heaven forbid I would use the web to get some advice for photographic tips.

Thanks very much was passing this on. We're all going to benefit.
Now 3.48% smarter, but 14.82% less interesting.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Smooci