Taxi Services BKK/Suvarnbhumi - Pattaya

• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

#37 funsunfish

funsunfish
  • Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 09 April 2010 - 02:28 PM

I recently used PT Taxi to get to Pattaya and MrT to get back to airport. Both Great service and ontime :D

#38 funsunfish

funsunfish
  • Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 09 April 2010 - 02:29 PM

I recently used PT Taxi to get to Pattaya and MrT to get back to airport. Both Great service and ontime :D

#39 boss45

boss45
  • Members
  • 473 posts

Posted 19 April 2010 - 05:11 AM

[quote name="funsunfish"]I recently used PT Taxi to get to Pattaya and MrT to get back to airport. Both Great service and ontime :D[/quote
Just got back from Patts and used PT Taxi, great service. Waited for my late flight at airport with name on sign and picked me up at Hotel in Patts- 1000 BHT there, 900 return to Airport. All included.

#40 koykaeng

koykaeng
  • Members
  • 6,477 posts

Posted 20 April 2010 - 06:35 PM

During my recent stay in Thailand, I made use of Mr T a couple of times for transport between Bangkok & Pattaya or vice versa.

The booking process was simple enough, and in both instances the car & driver were waiting for me as I arrived in reception to check out of my hotel. In essence, basically everything went OK.

Each trip ended up costing me 1000 Baht, which I think is a pretty cheap.

Whilst I arrived at my destination each trip incident free, I did notice that both my drivers seemed a little on the sleepy side during the trip and this did worry me a little as I'm sure you could understand.

The other thing I observed was these drivers certainly gather some speed on the freeway (well above 120 Km/hr) and seem to enjoy changing lanes non stop.

Just curious if anyone else has noticed this with Mr T or any other service :?:

Cheers
Koykaeng
Sign in pub "In case of fire - break glass". Now my beer's gone everywhere, and there's still a fire.

#41 Premier

Premier
  • Members
  • 96 posts

Posted 20 April 2010 - 07:06 PM

I always use these guys:

www.thelimopattaya.com

A bit pricey at a 1200 baht flat rate Bkk-Patts or Patts-Bkk but they can't be beaten for service. Nice modern cars, friendly and sensible drivers, always on time and I've never had problems booking at short notice. I've also used them for Hua Hin trips.

I'm fortunate to get discounted rates with the Dynasty group of hotels and generally stay with them in Bkk and Patts so I utilise their bus service as much as possible.

I've also used the method of starting a bidding war up at arrivals at Swampy, got myself a ride to Patts for 1000 baht last year, guy was a psycho driver though.

#42 petesie

petesie
  • Members
  • 8,011 posts

Posted 20 April 2010 - 09:51 PM

I booked Mr T's for 5 trips last time and they only turned up for my arrival........ :redcard:

As they had let me down on 3 sequential occasions I popped into their office (sic) on Soi Diana to confirm my last trip to Swampy.....I even took along their confirming e-mail (yes I keep this sort of stuff while travelling!)....and they had no knowledge of my booking.....

A clear systematic failure in their communication process....... :roll:
"My advice is just thank the god that doesnt exist for the rib he didnt take to create the women thats not a women that he didnt make for the naturaly uncut cock n enjoy it, they sure are fun." - Boomdraw

#43 xyzzy

xyzzy
  • Members
  • 1,708 posts
  • LocationPattaya

Posted 21 April 2010 - 02:30 AM

I have used PT the last couple of times. Late last month I used PT for Suvarnabhumi to Pattaya. My flight arrived around 11 PM so there wasn't much traffic. The guy drove around 120-140 as most seem to do. Although often they don't push it to 140 as much. The driver was irritated by the cars coming the opposite direction not dimming their lights and kept constantly flashing his lights. While noted it didn't bother me much. When we got into Pattaya he was using his horn on anything that got in front of us and generally acting like an idiot. It was unusually obnoxious even for Pattaya driver. I was not impressed.

I had quit using Mr. T because of an Email that he never replied to, petesie's experience and a problem another board member had. But after KK's good reports I set up my ride back to Suvarnabhumi with Mr. T. All seemed back to normal with Mr. T.

I think it depends a lot on which company happens to provide a bad experience. Mr. T had problems for a while and I left. I didn't like my last driver from PT (likely could also happen with Mr T). So now I'm back to Mr. T. And so it goes...

As far as the lane switching, almost all my drivers seem to try it a few times until they realize it usually doesn't usually work. And then they seem to settle down. They need constant retraining?? :D
xyzzy is the "magic word" from the first computer adventure game and isn't capitalized

#44 boss45

boss45
  • Members
  • 473 posts

Posted 23 April 2010 - 03:46 AM

Just used Mr. T and had no problems, both on the pickup at the airport and the return-1000 bht/ 900 bht. Driver was great, did not speed. Mr. T was prompt on the emails. So, guess it is hit and miss.

#45 RobiSLO

RobiSLO
  • Members
  • 1,902 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 12:21 PM

For my return ride from Jomtien to BKK I just went to the first stall where they had sign 800 BHT to BKK + I pay tool. I paid 300 BHT down payment and told them I’ll be pissed if driver is late. Guy told me he will come 7:30, half hour before my departure. And he did, guy called me 7:30 he is waiting for me. Guy was pleasant, car ok looking taxi, nothing fancy though. Driver didn’t have any objection when I asked him to stop at 7/11 to restock my supplies of Coke Max. He needed little more than 1 hour from my hotel to the airport and didn’t drive like crazy. All in all great service.

BR

#46 dixon cox

dixon cox

Monkey Nut

• Moderators
  • 7,150 posts
  • LocationCentral Pattaya

Posted 27 April 2010 - 12:45 PM

... I just went to the first stall where they had sign 800 BHT to BKK + I pay tool

This is what I always do on the way home too. Never had a problem and all have been early for pick-up. These little taxi stalls are everywhere, so there is plenty of competition and prices always start from 800 baht.

The only thing that sometimes occurs is that they have no "taxi" for an early pick-up, as none have arrived from BKK at that time in the morning, so they offer you a "limo" instead for 1000. If you don't like that you just smile and walk away and often the price for a limo drops to 800baht. It's only a few mins walk to the next anyway, but always book a few days in advance.

Just like ladyboys I've had the occasional old banger, but what the heck. Even a rough looker can give a decent ride.

Meum cerebrum nocet

#47 stonefre

stonefre
  • Members
  • 1,052 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 03:46 PM

I used PT Taxi from the airport to Pattaya on the late evening of the 21st. Even though my flight was an hour early, the guy was there waiting. I was worried I'd be waiting a while for him. Apparently they monitor the flight for the correct arrival time.

#48 gazz469

gazz469
  • Members
  • 131 posts

Posted 19 June 2010 - 09:35 AM

I usually travel direct from BK airport on arrival to Patts with either Mr Toom or PT taxis. In 10 days I'm going straight into Nana and looking to prebook a car to the hotel. The Dynasty Grande have quoted me 1200 bht so I'm interested in a reliable contact if anybody knows of one. Trawled through the suggestions here to no avail.

The plan is
PATS 21/3 to 29/3
BK 29/3 to 5/4

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Smooci