Taxi Services BKK/Suvarnbhumi - Pattaya

• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

#13 budhas

budhas
  • Members
  • 370 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 07:42 PM

On my Trip the last 2 Weeks i use www.pttaxiservice.com and i can say good service. I heard it was the cousin from Mr. T. And the prices ar fair...

#14 kliome

kliome
  • Moderators
  • 5,527 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 08:01 PM

Thanks to the recommendations I've booked a few pick ups with PT :clapclap:

They responded very quickly to emails and the prices (all inc) given were:

BKK to Pat - 1100bht
Airport to Pat - 1000bht
Pat to Aiport/BKK - 900bht

Thanks guys.

Dating ladyboys in Thailand Thai Friendly 

Meeting ladyboys around the world My Ladyboy Date

Best Thailand (and global) hotel deals Discounted Hotels

#15 philpedley

philpedley
  • Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 05:54 AM

I have always used the Pattaya Bay Resort car but the last two times I have had to wait for about 25 minutes for him to appear. Whenever I have been going from the airport into Bangkok I have always walked up to arrival and negotiated a fare from there.

I was therefore wondering whether anyone thinks that it would be a bad idea to use this technique to go to Pattaya?

#16 dixon cox

dixon cox

Monkey Nut

• Moderators
  • 7,150 posts
  • LocationCentral Pattaya

Posted 28 March 2010 - 06:05 AM

I was therefore wondering whether anyone thinks that it would be a bad idea to use this technique to go to Pattaya?

I do that every time on arrival at Suvarnabhumi, whether heading to Bangkok or Pattaya.

I can't be arsed pre-arranging a ride when there is an endless line of taxis already there. If you get over-quoted then simply smile and walk away.

Meum cerebrum nocet

#17 philpedley

philpedley
  • Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 01:17 PM

And what's a reasonable bottom-line rate?

#18 kliome

kliome
  • Moderators
  • 5,527 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 05:13 PM

Grabbing a street taxi at the airport will cost you around 1200-1500+

I really don't see what the bother is pre-arranging a taxi. It's a 2 min email or call and it's done. Someone will be waiting for you (with your name held) the minute you step out of arrivals, they'll take you're luggage for you, walk you to the car and you're off.

There's no queuing. They already know where you are going and in some cases have planned the route. You are generally getting a much higher standard of car (and with some services you get to pick the type of car you want- no dodgy metre taxis!). And you already know the price (1000bht). Couldn't be simpler.

Dating ladyboys in Thailand Thai Friendly 

Meeting ladyboys around the world My Ladyboy Date

Best Thailand (and global) hotel deals Discounted Hotels

#19 zokk

zokk
  • Members
  • 185 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 06:45 PM

I really don't see what the bother is pre-arranging a taxi. It's a 2 min email or call and it's done. Someone will be waiting for you (with your name held) the minute you step out of arrivals, they'll take you're luggage for you, walk you to the car and you're off.

There's no queuing. They already know where you are going and in some cases have planned the route. You are generally getting a much higher standard of car (and with some services you get to pick the type of car you want- no dodgy metre taxis!). And you already know the price (1000bht). Couldn't be simpler.

I agree pre-arranging a taxi really takes no time at all. I used Mr Dream transport last year and they were quite good, 1000 baht to Pattaya and 900 back to the airport, as an added bonus the driver was a little hottie ( yes I like girls as well) whose dress was so short she couldn't close the tailgate without it being up around her waist.
Black out the windows, it's party time.

#20 koykaeng

koykaeng
  • Members
  • 6,477 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 06:47 PM

For the record, I used Mr T again last week for a trip from Bangkok (Sukhumvit area) to Pattaya and everything ran like clockwork.

The driver was at my hotel 15 minutes prior to the scheduled time, his driving was sound, and I within two (2) hours of checking out of my Bangkok hotel I was checked into my Pattaya hotel and had unpacked.

When I rang to book, they phoned me back 10 minutes later to re-confirm so overall a positive experience.

I'd be interested to see what rates people can infact negotiate with the airport taxi operators, as I would be surprised if they are as cheap.

Cheers
Koykaeng
Sign in pub "In case of fire - break glass". Now my beer's gone everywhere, and there's still a fire.

#21 boss45

boss45
  • Members
  • 473 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 10:52 PM

I agree pre-arranging a taxi really takes no time at all. I used Mr Dream transport last year and they were quite good, 1000 baht to Pattaya and 900 back to the airport, as an added bonus the driver was a little hottie ( yes I like girls as well) whose dress was so short she couldn't close the tailgate without it being up around her waist.

Hi, I will be headed to Pattaya this week. Does Mr T have a website for the taxi service and of course the hottie? :harhar: :harhar:

#22 stonefre

stonefre
  • Members
  • 1,052 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 11:47 PM

As far as I know there is no website, but they are quite responsive to email.

Attached Files

#23 Crackerjax

Crackerjax
  • Members
  • 1,727 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 09:37 AM

When heading into Bangkok I just take a meter taxi from the queue - easy and reasonable at TB 300-400. Just curious DC, who do you negotiate with for a ride into Sukhumvit and how much do you save?

I've generally been a "negotiate upon arrival" guy in the few instances when I decided to skip the charms of Bangkok and go straight to Pattaya. I find that the on the spot prices are not as good as those you guys are getting when making an advance booking.

And the haggling wastes valuable time. :tantrum:

#24 boss45

boss45
  • Members
  • 473 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 09:49 AM

When heading into Bangkok I just take a meter taxi from the queue - easy and reasonable at TB 300-400. Just curious DC, who do you negotiate with for a ride into Sukhumvit and how much do you save?

I've generally been a "negotiate upon arrival" guy in the few instances when I decided to skip the charms of Bangkok and go straight to Pattaya. I find that the on the spot prices are not as good as those you guys are getting when making an advance booking.

And the haggling wastes valuable time. :tantrum:

Hi, any ideas on who to use when going from Phuket airport to the Patong Marriott?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Smooci