BA cabin crew to strike over Xmas

• Please log in to reply
85 replies to this topic

#49 FatboyUK

FatboyUK
  • Members
  • 1,186 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 03:59 AM

Was wondering when this would come up again.....
If it fails to inflate....blow into this tube.

#50 Ivor Biggun

Ivor Biggun
  • Members
  • 1,024 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 11:05 PM

[quote name="dixon cox"]We survived a BA strike at Xmas, now Songkran is under threat! :o

[quote]British Airways passengers face the threat of a crippling strike which could wreck their Easter holiday plans.

Union leaders for the airline's cabin crew say they plan to hold a vote on industrial action next week.

Around one million passengers could see their travel plans ruined if the union organises a 12-day strike during the school holidays in April.[/quote]

Works for me- the less idiots wandering about chucking water around the better. OUT OUT OUT. :harhar:

#51 FatboyUK

FatboyUK
  • Members
  • 1,186 posts

Posted 22 January 2010 - 01:39 AM

If it's any consolation....a strike could seriously affect my own trip!

Let's see if it goes that far first though.....I'm thinking it won't be.

#52 Ericthehalfabee

Ericthehalfabee
  • Members
  • 361 posts

Posted 23 January 2010 - 02:21 AM

mmm...getting nasty.

http://news.bbc.co.u...ess/8475910.stm

British Airways has threatened that cabin crew who go on strike will lose their travel perks permanently.

Staff with the airline can book flights for themselves and nominated friends or family at a 90% discount - though only on a standby basis.

The airline says a strike would have serious financial implications and it would have to cut staff benefits.

BA also says it would review the standard of hotels that crew are put up in overnight while they are away.
"I can feel an angel sliding up to me"

#53 ScottishLadyboyTerrorist

ScottishLadyboyTerrorist
  • Members
  • 1,343 posts

Posted 23 January 2010 - 04:07 PM

Top level management tactics at hand as per usual... but what can be expected really.. These big organisations always claim they are for their employees, but in reality, the employees are a statistic.. FACT!! Sorry to say..

I've been in this very position and it's only too reminiscent of what's going on here now with BA.

Management will always get their way regardless.. They'll cut this or that.. Once the snowball starts to roll, it only gathers speed and shit along the way..

Good luck to those on the ground, those who actually do the job.. Those in their ivory towers can give themselves a nice big pat on the back... Wankers!! :wnkr:

#54 FatboyUK

FatboyUK
  • Members
  • 1,186 posts

Posted 24 January 2010 - 08:27 PM

Yep, it's true, my staff concessions are now on the chopping block, along with my lifestyle that goes with it. What they don't realise, is that if they take away staff travel, they will in fact cause themselves more problems, as half our workforce use it to commute to work.

Not only that, as the staff concessions are based purely on a standby basis, the company doesnt lose any money by giving it to us. If there aren't any seats because the general public has bought them all, we can't go. Simples.

It gets even worse.....

IF it goes ahead, BA have a series of training courses in place, to allow people from other departments the oppurtunity to earn some overtime and volunteer to become Cabin Crew, providing coverage of a potential strike.

Apparently, the Civil Aviation Authority is allowing this, under severe surveillance, and no surprise, had to get an external company in to do the training.

Baggage Handlers, bus drivers, check in staff and pilots.....all lined up to try and look after customers at 38,000 ft with, in my opinion, what will be sub standard training.....

Just wait until its there turn for the chopping block - and it will come. Doing our job, shows that the company doesnt need them to do theirs, as they are off galavanting around Europe and the world, breaking strikes. Good luck to them. Will they get support from us? They can feck right off.

#55 Ivor Biggun

Ivor Biggun
  • Members
  • 1,024 posts

Posted 24 January 2010 - 09:26 PM

Got a good true BA cabin crew story for ya when you finally get here FBUK. Involves a Tristar, 6 stewards and a battalion of Welsh Guards :gayf:

#56 ScottishLadyboyTerrorist

ScottishLadyboyTerrorist
  • Members
  • 1,343 posts

Posted 24 January 2010 - 10:49 PM

:harhar: Oh my Ivor.. I'll bet there were some rising behaviour that trip.. lol

#57 Guest_Hairy Old Fanny Filler_*

Guest_Hairy Old Fanny Filler_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 January 2010 - 12:53 AM

sorry to hear about that fatboy, guaranteed the big companies always cut back and try and give the guys on the ground the very least they can, if you knew this at xmas, you would have saw out the strike.
too late now you had your chance, as this retrainning other guys to do your job will put strikes inaffective now.
ba wanks (managemant that is)

#58 FatboyUK

FatboyUK
  • Members
  • 1,186 posts

Posted 25 January 2010 - 08:19 AM

It wasn't our decision to not see it out at Xmas Hoff - that decision was made for us.

Made for us by a judge who apparently boarded a BA flight for her holiday....3 days after the strike was suppose to happen.

#59 Guest_Hairy Old Fanny Filler_*

Guest_Hairy Old Fanny Filler_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 January 2010 - 08:33 AM

how things favour the bourgeoisie :redcard: :tantrum: :nonono:
the proletariat always get shat on :tantrum:

#60 FatboyUK

FatboyUK
  • Members
  • 1,186 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 02:37 AM

New dates.....

March 20-22th

March 27-30th

Further dates after April 14th if dispute not resolved.

Do PM me with any questions or if you are needing advice if this affects you.

Hope it doesn't happen though

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Smooci