• Please log in to reply
85 replies to this topic

#85 Nick Bullseye

Nick Bullseye
  • Members
  • 2,009 posts
  • LocationParis, France

Posted 30 March 2010 - 09:58 PM

This Daily Mail article is exactly the kind of bullshit I (and I hope all BMs on the forum) hate. It shows the hypocrite morals of Daily Mail. Paying 40 pound = 2000 baht is a fair amount for an ST. I would like to ask the pseudo-journalist who wrote this crap the following question:

What is wrong on P4P among consenting adults?

The most exagerated crap is that the girls are "forced to have sex with customers". He somehow forgot to notice that they are SEX WORKERS operating out of the bar.

It is unbelievable how stupid those pseudo-journalists can be! Could you imagine what kind of an article this stupid fellow would write if the union boss went to Obsession instead of Playskool? They are not so far away.

Seems that the union bosses is just like the rest of us.
Found this on the Daily Mail website..

The boss of the trade union behind the British Airways strike has admitted visiting a seedy go-go bar while on official business in Thailand.
Derek Simpson and fellow Unite official Terry Pye went to the Playskool bar in Bangkok where young women offer customers sex for £40.

Mr Simpson, 64, whose union’s membership includes thousands of women, including hundreds of female cabin crew at BA, drank beer in the bar while girls dressed only in bikinis danced on stage.
Women who work at Playskool are forced to earn a living by selling sex to customers. Their wages are cut substantially by the bar owners unless they sleep with at least nine clients every month.

A British tourist who was in the bar says he saw the two union men enjoying a drink there.
Mr Simpson, the £105,000-a-year joint general secretary of Unite, and Mr Pye, the union’s national officer for the steel industry, were in Bangkok at the end of last month during a crucial period of negotiations aimed at averting the current series of BA cabin crew strikes over pay and conditions.

They flew to Thailand at union expense for a two-day stopover to meet union leaders from the Thai motor industry.
From there they flew on to Sydney where they met Australian union bosses to discuss Unite’s plans to form a global trade union.
Last night Unite refused to reveal the cost of the trip, but union insiders estimated the bill came to around £2,000, including two £659 return economy flights on the Taiwanese airline EVA.

Accommodation in Australia was paid for by the Australian unions.
Mr Simpson was spotted in Bangkok on February 28 by Denis Simons, 72, from Northampton, his wife Hazel and their son Lee, 47.

There is also a interview with one of the bar girls explaining her income etc...

Nick Bullseye

#86 Crackerjax

Crackerjax
  • Members
  • 1,727 posts

Posted 31 March 2010 - 12:54 PM

bkklover wrote:

Very easy for those not involved to start the name calling from their Ivory towers.

I suppose you're right, everyone's situation is unique and I really don't know Fatboy's - I've deleted the post.

Nonetheless the essence of industrial action is discipline and the maintenance of a strong united front - crossing picket lines is not a recipe for success.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Smooci