Photo

THB Exchange Rates

• Please log in to reply
359 replies to this topic

#73 Guest_pentire_*

Guest_pentire_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 October 2008 - 05:41 AM

I would suggest that almost a third of the money I spend while in Los goes on lady drinks, that is where my belt shall be tightend during the current period of a depressed pound-baht exchange rate.
Sorry Girls :(

#74 costassg

costassg
  • Members
  • 983 posts

Posted 27 October 2008 - 12:50 PM

I would suggest that almost a third of the money I spend while in Los goes on lady drinks, that is where my belt shall be tightend during the current period of a depressed pound-baht exchange rate.

a guy who fly in biz class thinks about money?thats strange :twisted:

#75 Guest_pentire_*

Guest_pentire_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 October 2008 - 02:41 PM

Pentire still pays the same price for his flight with china airways, (paid for in sterling) but then gets shafted with the currency exchange.
Ain't no point throwing your money about on expensive lady drinks, when your already being screwed over on the crappy exchange rate.

Which is getting worse almost daily :(

Thank You for that PP, Costas happens to be one of those two week millionaires :roll:

Despite the fact that I always fly to Los on China Airlines excellent business class for around a £1100.00 return, I do have a budget especially as my trips tend to last in excess of three months. I shall certainly be cutting back on lady drink expenditure however, the flight and my accomodation are two areas where there shall be no compromise from previous trips.
Standards need to be maintained even in these hard times :)

#76 costassg

costassg
  • Members
  • 983 posts

Posted 27 October 2008 - 09:04 PM

Pentire still pays the same price for his flight with china airways, (paid for in sterling) but then gets shafted with the currency exchange.
Ain't no point throwing your money about on expensive lady drinks, when your already being screwed over on the crappy exchange rate.

Which is getting worse almost daily :(

Thank You for that PP, Costas happens to be one of those two week millionaires :roll:

Despite the fact that I always fly to Los on China Airlines excellent business class for around a £1100.00 return, I do have a budget especially as my trips tend to last in excess of three months. I shall certainly be cutting back on lady drink expenditure however, the flight and my accomodation are two areas where there shall be no compromise from previous trips.
Standards need to be maintained even in these hard times :)

on my last trip i pay the round trip with Gulf Air 800 euro and i get 3 seats at the back going and coming.this time the cost 530 euro and i will arrange to have 3 seats again.so how many english pounds is 530 euro :)

#77 costassg

costassg
  • Members
  • 983 posts

Posted 27 October 2008 - 11:55 PM

Considering your a lazy twat, 530euro = 427 pounds, which is a good deal, but your not guaranteed that row of 3seats, you was just very lucky the flight was half empty.

the 530 euro question was for pentires 1100 pound biz class with china air.and yes coz i am a close friend with the airline station mananger he quranties that i get 3 seats on the round trip :twisted:

#78 dixon cox

dixon cox

Monkey Nut

• Moderators
  • 7,150 posts
  • LocationCentral Pattaya

Posted 28 October 2008 - 01:49 AM

untill the rate goes up to between the mid 60's to 70 i will not be going to los( for sterling)

If that's the case dude you'll most likely have a long wait on your hands.

If you have the funds as you did before, maybe don't deny yourself what makes life worth living.

Just spend a little easier and shorten the trip a bit.

Better to have loved and lost your baht than never to have loved at all :wink:

Meum cerebrum nocet

#79 dixon cox

dixon cox

Monkey Nut

• Moderators
  • 7,150 posts

Posted 28 October 2008 - 02:28 AM

Tempting words dixon, you know how to dangle the carrot :P

:D

Most of us here look forward to our trips to LoS so much that to be deprived of them would be like losing a limb :(

If the THB is down 20% then trim your trip by 20%...

A 20 day trip becomes 16 days instead... You know you need that fix :D

Meum cerebrum nocet

#80 laptop

laptop
  • Members
  • 2,090 posts

Posted 28 October 2008 - 02:50 AM

Costas - From what I've seen from your trip report pics is that your next flight to LOS willl involve begging for 4 seats to park your lard on. :oops: Hit the gym mate.
As kids we're not taught how to deal with success; we're taught how to deal with failure. If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. If at first you succeed, then what?

#81 Phil Lander

Phil Lander
  • Members
  • 2,324 posts

Posted 28 October 2008 - 06:21 AM

Sorry Phil, it was not my intention to offend you in any way, neither trying to show of as a "rich guy".

Hi Kinkoy , no problems mate I'm just a bit touchy at the moment watching the NZ dollar diving with no end in sight.
Phil Lander by name Phillanderer by nature.
The World is my Oyster - Muwhahahahaha!!
A Ladyboy is never early , neither is she ever late . She turns up precisely when she means to.

#82 Phil Lander

Phil Lander
  • Members
  • 2,324 posts

Posted 28 October 2008 - 06:28 AM

Tempting words dixon, you know how to dangle the carrot :P

:D

Most of us here look forward to our trips to LoS so much that to be deprived of them would be like losing a limb :(

If the THB is down 20% then trim your trip by 20%...

A 20 day trip becomes 16 days instead... You know you need that fix :D

I'm actually thinking of coming back a week early to trim costs . I'm not going to cut back on what I do as I intend to enjoy myself .
I have not even looked at the cost of food and drink yet but it makes you reconsider how affordable travel is . Problem is other places would be more expensive and I need my fix.
BTW the exchange rate has now gone down again to 18 to 1 (from 20 to 1 originally 25 to 1)
A Ladyboy is never early , neither is she ever late . She turns up precisely when she means to.

#83 dixon cox

dixon cox

Monkey Nut

• Moderators
  • 7,150 posts

Posted 28 October 2008 - 06:35 AM

I'm actually thinking of coming back a week early to trim costs . I'm not going to cut back on what I do as I intend to enjoy myself

I think that's the important factor.

There's no point making it all the way over there just to scrimp and save and be denied daily fixes.

Spend at a similar rate to before, just for less days.

It's definately a tough time for most :?

Meum cerebrum nocet

#84 Phil Lander

Phil Lander
  • Members
  • 2,324 posts

Posted 28 October 2008 - 06:59 AM

Exactly DC , I'm not going to be mean to a few bar girls just to save money and spoil the whole atmosphere . They might not want to know me next time I'm over there.

I think being away from the constant news updates and papers will be good for me.

Ignorance will be bliss. :lol:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Smooci