Digital Camera Suggestions

• Please log in to reply
682 replies to this topic

#637 petesie

petesie
  • Members
  • 8,011 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 02:53 AM

Great post there VZ...certainly told me off! 8)

I hear what yer saying with the Fuji gear and I think I've been peaking over the fence at it though I guess an issue with having gone the Nikon/Canon route is that you end up with a bag full of lenses and all the associated other stuff.

Once you've invested in it it's kinda hard to shake it... :roll:
"My advice is just thank the god that doesnt exist for the rib he didnt take to create the women thats not a women that he didnt make for the naturaly uncut cock n enjoy it, they sure are fun." - Boomdraw

#638 kendal1972

kendal1972
  • Members
  • 191 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 01:03 PM

Great post there VZ...certainly told me off! 8)

I hear what yer saying with the Fuji gear and I think I've been peaking over the fence at it though I guess an issue with having gone the Nikon/Canon route is that you end up with a bag full of lenses and all the associated other stuff.

Once you've invested in it it's kinda hard to shake it... :roll:

actually what i've noticed is i'm petrified of taking my gear out and about because it was so damn expensive :loco:
Whatever i do in the future i think i'll stick with canon personally as i like it's colour balance and i quite like the interface, i guess everyone ends up with their favourites.
has anyone tried the eos-m at all, i'd be interested in a run down of that??

#639 Brianne

Brianne
  • Members
  • 210 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 11:48 PM

Once you've invested in it it's kinda hard to shake it... :roll:[/quote]
actually what i've noticed is i'm petrified of taking my gear out and about because it was so damn expensive :loco:
Whatever i do in the future i think i'll stick with canon personally as i like it's colour balance and i quite like the interface, i guess everyone ends up with their favourites.
has anyone tried the eos-m at all, i'd be interested in a run down of that??[/quote]

Like you the 5d is locked up as realised only have £250 per item.
Had pro insurance before but on a year long trip to los the bank froze my account as someone in Thailand was using it, this cancelled the direct debt and now they refuse me insurance..

on the EOS-M had a wee play in the camera shop last night.
compared against a panny GFX and it seemed about the same size.

the body contour was a bit uncomfortable in the hand and though the screen looked ok no viewfinder kinda put me off.
Old habits die hard.
I'm feeling young again but quite insane because I'm mad about the ladyboy

#640 petesie

petesie
  • Members
  • 8,011 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 02:57 AM

My intermittent Fuji X10 has let me down for the last time. :redcard:

I took some quite reasonable snaps of a recent trip to discover the focus is way off due to processor issues...bastard.

I had a good touchy feely of the Nikon P7700 and it is doing it for me as a compact replacement...where is that fat bastard in the red suit? 8)
"My advice is just thank the god that doesnt exist for the rib he didnt take to create the women thats not a women that he didnt make for the naturaly uncut cock n enjoy it, they sure are fun." - Boomdraw

#641 kendal1972

kendal1972
  • Members
  • 191 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 05:26 PM

My intermittent Fuji X10 has let me down for the last time. :redcard:

I took some quite reasonable snaps of a recent trip to discover the focus is way off due to processor issues...bastard.

I had a good touchy feely of the Nikon P7700 and it is doing it for me as a compact replacement...where is that fat bastard in the red suit? 8)

how about the sony rx100?

#642 petesie

petesie
  • Members
  • 8,011 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 01:30 PM

After posting about the Nikon I tried the RX100, saw the you tube vids and then my local Sony dealer rang me up to inform me he'd now received a new shipment.

Bollocks... 8)

#643 petesie

petesie
  • Members
  • 8,011 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 12:16 AM

Picked up the wee Sony this morning...after the initial charge I've only taken some odd snaps but the quality seems superb with plenty of options lurking in the menus... 8)

#644 Von Zest

Von Zest
  • Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 06:40 AM

Picked up the wee Sony this morning...after the initial charge I've only taken some odd snaps but the quality seems superb with plenty of options lurking in the menus... 8)

Niice. I hate using flash but found it quite useful on the RX100, you can pull it up to use as a soft bounce flash and get quite a nice effect without that uglyness of a up frontal flash shot. Enjoy!

Anyone try the RX1 yet?

#645 petesie

petesie
  • Members
  • 8,011 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 06:17 PM

A buddy picked up the Canon G15 which feels a nice solid camera albeit a wee bit chunky for your back pocket, not plasticky like it's predecessor.

Damn...so many choices! 8)

#646 Woof1

Woof1
  • Members
  • 910 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 11:53 AM

Just traded my Canon Gear with few lenses to an Olympus OMD EM5 with a Panasonic 12-35 HD Lense. Great Low Light shooting so far, Learning settings as I was a canon guy for years. TRaded 25 Lbs to a 3 Lbs. Handling is proving to be a bit odd as it is so light, so added the Grip now.
Oddball is the fact that to recharge batteries you have to unfasten grip, but that's OK
So many LB So Little Time

#647 petesie

petesie
  • Members
  • 8,011 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 11:34 PM

Good luck with it!

My new little Sony RX100 is performing nicely; I was tempted to throw my lot in with the Fuji EX-1 but can't bear to part with the Nikon D300s yet...plus I'm broke! :blush:

#648 Brianne

Brianne
  • Members
  • 210 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 03:04 AM

Just traded my Canon Gear with few lenses to an Olympus OMD EM5 with a Panasonic 12-35 HD Lense. Great Low Light shooting so far, Learning settings as I was a canon guy for years. ç Handling is proving to be a bit odd as it is so light, so added the Grip now.
Oddball is the fact that to recharge batteries you have to unfasten grip, but that's OK

I picked up the EM5 last year and am well impressed with the quality
The Canon Kit is gathering dust in the corner
Was going to ebay it tonite as I was going to do last week and the weeks before, just cannae do it.

By the way 'TRaded 25 Lbs to a 3 Lbs' hope that was pounds and not sexual partners
I'm feeling young again but quite insane because I'm mad about the ladyboy

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Smooci