Digital Camera Suggestions

• Please log in to reply
682 replies to this topic

#661 Hoot

Hoot
  • Members
  • 707 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 09:01 AM

I was there that night and I'm pretty sure it was when you were on a wee bit of a downer and we all got shit-faced and fell down the Ezy stairs...I also seem to remember that when you woke up in the morning all alone in their ST Looms... :harhar:

What are friends for if not just to remind you of your manic depression and drunken indiscretions. :D

I'm sure you're right about the tumble down the Ezy stairs being the cause and makes more sense - I'm starting to remember taking a spill or two(though it was good to know I wasn't the only one :harhar: )...all I remember was pulling the camera out of my back pocket and uttering a few choice curse words when I saw the screen.

That night must have been a real bender, to be honest - I don't remember the bit about waking up in the short time rooms all alone....maybe it's better that I don't know the details :blush:

The XE-1 I can pick up tomorrow but I'm not convinced with the 12-55 kit lens.

What's your concerns on the 18 - 55 kit lens? So far I've been quite happy with the image quality. My only dislike at this point is for a walk around lens it's not long enough for me. But that's my personal preference. (Yes were still talking about lenses here)

I'm really not that happy with the overall lens selection. I know a lot of people are fans of primes and they seem to be making a comeback with these ILCs. I'm sure I won't be invited to any hipster conventions for saying this, but I much prefer zooms.

I've found buying this camera is just as bad as if I bought another SLR - you want to keep adding lenses and what not - and they aren't cheap. I thought it would replace my SLR for a lot of things, and it does. But after shooting it for a couple months I don't see me trading in my SLR any time soon. It is a great camera for sure, but I thought this was going to be 'the' camera for me, now not so certain - at least not without spending some more money.

Fuck photography - I'm taking up a cheap hobby like knitting. Anybody need a scarf and mittens?
  • Piorhwuazj, Piornzxtxq, tonysneacn and 2 others like this

#662 petesie

petesie
  • Members
  • 8,011 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 10:20 AM

I know a few LB's that could do with mittens to stop them scratching my back. :harhar:
  • Nilyajmoxu and Nilyxvzcqa like this
"My advice is just thank the god that doesnt exist for the rib he didnt take to create the women thats not a women that he didnt make for the naturaly uncut cock n enjoy it, they sure are fun." - Boomdraw

#663 petesie

petesie
  • Members
  • 8,011 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 05:39 PM

Fuji are bringing out a 55-200 later this year so that may satisfy Hootsters length issues. 8)

http://www.dpreview....-55-200-3p5-4p8

Attached Files

"My advice is just thank the god that doesnt exist for the rib he didnt take to create the women thats not a women that he didnt make for the naturaly uncut cock n enjoy it, they sure are fun." - Boomdraw

#664 petesie

petesie
  • Members
  • 8,011 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 05:48 PM

For the Point & Snappers (and I'm in the fraternity) Sony have just announced the release of this new beast;

Sony has announced the Cyber-shot DSC-HX50V, a 30x compact superzoom camera that includes both Wi-Fi and GPS. It's built around a 20.4MP 1/2.3" BSI CMOS sensor, sitting behind a 24-720mm F3.5-6.3 lens. It includes 3-axis SuperSteady Shot image stabilization and can shoot at up to 10 frames per second for 10 frames. Its battery is rated at around 400 shots-per-charge and the Wi-Fi can be used for both file transfer and remote control. It will be available from May at a recommended price of $450.

The HX50V includes a dedicated exposure compensation dial and Sony's proprietary Multi Interface Shoe, that allows the use of standard flashguns or accessories such as the FDA-EV1MK add-on electronic viewfinder.

Attached Files

#665 kendal1972

kendal1972
  • Members
  • 191 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 12:04 AM

i'm sure I read somewhere about a new bridge camera that was going to have a 50x zoom! I forget who it was now but that would be an insane focal length :rock:

#666 CL

CL
  • Members
  • 469 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 11:49 AM

V.niice: upcoming EP5

#667 batman4ever

batman4ever

• Moderators
  • 4,822 posts
  • LocationScandinavia

Posted 01 May 2014 - 05:09 PM

Time to bump this tread as iwe been out spending money :)

Buyed 2 new lenses for my EOD550  where i will drop the kit-lens (18-55) and replace it with those 2

the first one is this one...the canon 50mm 1,8f that i believe will be good in the bars 8)

the other one is more alround...its a Tamron 18-270 mm 15x zoom f3,5-6,3 which i believe will be a good alternative to all-round purposes ;)

Attached Files

A ladyboy is a kind of creature...that makes a txt saying...dont you trust me...and send it to 20 people... :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:

https://www.facebook.com/ladyboyforum

#668 Nick Bullseye

Nick Bullseye
  • Members
  • 2,009 posts
  • LocationParis, France

Posted 01 May 2014 - 11:56 PM

I have the Tamron 18-270/3.5-6.3. It is good only outside, not good for night photography or used together with a flash.

Nick Bullseye

#669 rxpharm

rxpharm
  • Moderators
  • 3,339 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 10:57 AM

I've got the earlier version of the Tamron 18-250/3.5-6.3. It does work ok for flash - but you need an external flash with a fairly good GN of at least 40, and a good diffuser. I use a "Flip-it". With some pratice it can produce close to studio light effects with one flash.

flipit_six_sizes.jpg

:cnd:

#670 kenda01

kenda01
  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 14 February 2016 - 02:43 AM

has anyone had a play with the eos m3 or m10 yet??

had a look at that new olympus pen...waayy wayy out of my price range lol

#671 goodenough

goodenough
  • Members
  • 401 posts

Posted 21 February 2016 - 10:15 PM

has anyone had a play with the eos m3 or m10 yet??

had a look at that new olympus pen...waayy wayy out of my price range lol

Hi, 

sorry no I haven´t. But if you want a small pocketable camera which also takes good pictures in not so well lit places I would suggest the Panasonic DMC-GM1 (or any of its successors). This little gem can now be had for ab 300 € and, yes its an ILMC. If its to big for you  :shock:  there always is the excellent Sony series RX100 (mark II, III or IV).

GL  :)

#672 neogzim24

neogzim24
  • Members
  • 234 posts

Posted 28 March 2016 - 02:40 PM

So I got a Sony Alpha A58 for 2000b.  Is that a good deal?

You can't hide from yourself because everywhere you go there you are!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Smooci