Digital Camera Suggestions

• Please log in to reply
682 replies to this topic

#49 rxpharm

rxpharm
  • Moderators
  • 3,339 posts

Posted 11 September 2008 - 09:38 PM

Kliome, good list of cameras - be sure you try to handle them before making your final decision. You may find the control layout/menu features of one easier to use.

Good luck with your final decision! I see you decided to stay the compact route and didn't look at the dSLRs, like the Sony Alphas! :lol:

#50 kliome

kliome
  • Moderators
  • 5,527 posts

Posted 12 September 2008 - 12:38 AM

Thanks Rxpharm

I think the dSLRs are just outside of what I wanted to spend, and I have a bad habit of breaking/losing everything I own when drunk.

I'm not sure I'll get the chance to try out all the cameras as I'll order online and don't have much time for shopping, but I found the video reviews on youtube (CNET & Cameralabs) very useful.

Dating ladyboys in Thailand Thai Friendly 

Meeting ladyboys around the world My Ladyboy Date

Best Thailand (and global) hotel deals Discounted Hotels

#51 Recoil111

Recoil111
  • Members
  • 959 posts

Posted 28 September 2008 - 08:32 PM

Hi Kliome! You bought the Panasonic Lumix already? I think about the same model and wanted to know if you are satisified with your new camera.

#52 kliome

kliome
  • Moderators
  • 5,527 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 04:34 PM

Actually, I went into a local camera shop to try out my choice in person and I was blown away by the Fuji Finepix F100fd.

The low light results for the fuji were very impressive, and the quick point and shoot settings seemed to be ideal for LOS holidays.

I was in a bit of a dilemma whether to choose the Lumix or Fuji. Lumix is a better all round camera, with lots of flashy and impressive functions and excellent video options (HD standard with zoom option - but eats up memory very fast). the fuji blows the lumix away for low light shooting, and apparently it's the best low light camera of it's kind by far, after the f30/31 which is no longer in production.

My opinion of the cameras is, if you want a good all round camera for multiple purpose/scenarios, then the lumix is awesome, but if the majority or a good percentage of the use is for LOS or low light situations, the fuji is the best by far (it's also an excellent all round camera, just lacking some of the extra features of the lumix).

http://uk.youtube.co...h?v=8LPU3A96zd4

Dating ladyboys in Thailand Thai Friendly 

Meeting ladyboys around the world My Ladyboy Date

Best Thailand (and global) hotel deals Discounted Hotels

#53 koykaeng

koykaeng
  • Members
  • 6,477 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 07:32 PM

I've been tempted to buy something from the Fuji range purely because of their performance in low lighting.

At the risk of stating the obvious, poor lighting is the culprit in so many bad photos.

Any camera capable of operating in low light settings has got to be an advantage.

Cheers
Koykaeng
Sign in pub "In case of fire - break glass". Now my beer's gone everywhere, and there's still a fire.

#54 rxpharm

rxpharm
  • Moderators
  • 3,339 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 11:10 PM

Kliome, glad to hear you had the chance to handle the camera directly. The Fuji point and shoots in that range are well known for good low light photos. If you are lucky enough to get a F50fd or earlier model on clearance, you would also be making an excellent choice and saving even more $$$.

Good luck with your future shooting, and of course, we all know you'll be having a great time in LOS!

#55 Recoil111

Recoil111
  • Members
  • 959 posts

Posted 30 September 2008 - 04:53 AM

Thanks for the useful infos guys! I will decide in the next days what camera will join me on my next trip to LOS in november/december.

#56 Recoil111

Recoil111
  • Members
  • 959 posts

Posted 01 October 2008 - 04:21 AM

So, its done! I ordered a Panasonic Lumix today!

#57 xljx

xljx
  • Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 12 October 2008 - 01:42 AM

I have Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ5 for few months now and I think this is the best buy, overall performance is great, 10x zoom, SDHC cards works like a charm.... Take a look at Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ50 - virtually the same camera with WiFi.

#58 Drift Spunk

Drift Spunk
  • Members
  • 435 posts

Posted 19 October 2008 - 01:45 PM

I bought a Sony Cyber-shot DSC-T700 today and it is simply awsome. It was an upgrade from my Kodak V530

Some highlights:

*4GB of internal memory
* 3.5-inch LCD touchscreen
* 10.1 megapixel
* HD 1080
* High Sensitivity ISO 3200
* thin and compact
* and a heap load more more goodies!

Attached Files

#59 PP

PP
  • Members
  • 834 posts

Posted 19 October 2008 - 05:32 PM

#60 xljx

xljx
  • Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 21 October 2008 - 02:38 AM

Panasonic DMC TZ-5 costs arround 160 GBP + PP on Ebay, spare batteries are arround 2 GBP + PP. Nice price for such quality.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Smooci