Digital Camera Suggestions

• Please log in to reply
682 replies to this topic

#61 Recoil111

Recoil111
  • Members
  • 959 posts

Posted 21 October 2008 - 03:02 AM

I paid 190 Euro for my Panasonic Lumix DMC-FS5.

#62 Brit

Brit
  • Members
  • 1,468 posts

Posted 21 October 2008 - 03:03 AM

Just to inject some humour - I was thinking what spec of camera an LB Hunter would need.... and came up with this list.

* Small & lightweight - needed to fit into shorts pocket.
* Light/dark sensitive - able to adjust to darkned rooms
* Cheap - because it might be stolen in the loom.
* Digital - because Boots the Chemist might frown if you need old style photos from your collection.
* Zoom in and out - because theres no telling the LB's cock size until you're in the loom
* Pink colour - because it's cute and will attract an LB
* Looks expensive - if you've got cash to spend on a camera you've got cash to spend on her.
* Not a big memory - because she might see other LB's in the digital library - then you're stuffed.
* Water Proof - because you might premature e-jack. And may need to wipe it down.

Just a few rubbish thoughts... (as you can see i'm bored tonight !)
I spent a lot of money on LB's in Nana Plaza, Patpong and Pattaya. The rest of the cash, I just squandered

#63 Drift Spunk

Drift Spunk
  • Members
  • 435 posts

Posted 21 October 2008 - 05:26 PM

Just to inject some humour - I was thinking what spec of camera an LB Hunter would need.... and came up with this list.

* Small & lightweight - needed to fit into shorts pocket.
* Light/dark sensitive - able to adjust to darkned rooms
* Cheap - because it might be stolen in the loom.
* Digital - because Boots the Chemist might frown if you need old style photos from your collection.
* Zoom in and out - because theres no telling the LB's cock size until you're in the loom
* Pink colour - because it's cute and will attract an LB
* Looks expensive - if you've got cash to spend on a camera you've got cash to spend on her.
* Not a big memory - because she might see other LB's in the digital library - then you're stuffed.
* Water Proof - because you might premature e-jack. And may need to wipe it down.

Just a few rubbish thoughts... (as you can see i'm bored tonight !)

:lol: Thays fucking funny but very very true...

#64 PP

PP
  • Members
  • 834 posts

Posted 22 October 2008 - 09:56 PM

#65 kliome

kliome
  • Moderators
  • 5,527 posts

Posted 22 October 2008 - 11:51 PM

In currys electrical, (UK) the lumix TZ5 costs £230 and the fuji f100d costs £99.

I'm sure you mean £199 for the Fuji f100fd.

I paid this for mine after deciding to buy it in store immediately after trying. It's about £170 if you shop around online.

Dating ladyboys in Thailand Thai Friendly 

Meeting ladyboys around the world My Ladyboy Date

Best Thailand (and global) hotel deals Discounted Hotels

#66 PP

PP
  • Members
  • 834 posts

Posted 23 October 2008 - 12:32 AM

#67 kliome

kliome
  • Moderators
  • 5,527 posts

Posted 23 October 2008 - 12:41 AM

I just checked their online store and they have the Fuji Z100fd on sale at £99, but this is not the same camera.

I've never seen the f100fd for much less than £200. If it was the f100fd for £99, I'd rush back to the store and buy as many as you can. They're selling on ebay for £150-170.

#68 PP

PP
  • Members
  • 834 posts

Posted 23 October 2008 - 12:49 AM

#69 kliome

kliome
  • Moderators
  • 5,527 posts

Posted 23 October 2008 - 01:07 AM

I was lost in all the different numbers for weeks. It's a bit of a headache to the guys like us.

From my weeks of clumsy research it was down to the two mentioned, and no other camera came close. As I've said before, the Lumix has slightly better features, and the Fuji has better ISO results (low light picture taking).

They are both around the same price, and for my needs I wouldn't have used most of the extra features of the Lumix (10x zoom etc..) I liked the Lumix's better video quality option, but then realized at the hi res it would eat up a 2gb mem card in 7 mins, which is ridiculous, so better to get a separate video recorder).

#70 koykaeng

koykaeng
  • Members
  • 6,477 posts

Posted 23 October 2008 - 06:28 PM

Have just ordered another camera to keep me amused, and hopefully capture some 'special' photos. :D

I had been thinking about the Canon G9 for sometime already, but after seeing all the great photos that Karl (Barely Legal) posted recently, I decided to take another look, and discovered a 'replacement' model was about to be released, the Canon G10.

An upgrade to the popular G9, the PowerShot G10 has a 7.6 x 5.7 mm CCD sensor with a higher resolution of 14.7 megapixels and features Canon's new DiG!C 4 Image Processor. Its new optically-stabilised 28mm wide lens covers a 5x optical zoom range (28-140mm equivalent). The G10 also sports a 3.0-inch PureColor II LCD screen while retaining the prized RAW format mode. Designed to appeal to professional photographers or photo enthusiasts looking to support their DSLR gear with a more portable option, the G10 has dedicated exposure and ISO dials and supports a top ISO setting of ISO 3200

Cheers
Koykaeng

Attached Files

Sign in pub "In case of fire - break glass". Now my beer's gone everywhere, and there's still a fire.

#71 PP

PP
  • Members
  • 834 posts

Posted 23 October 2008 - 07:04 PM

#72 gaz

gaz
  • Members
  • 626 posts

Posted 23 October 2008 - 08:56 PM

koykaeng thats one the camera G9 i was recomended to get before i got the sonyalpha its top of the range in point and shoot u can get it cheaper in bangkok it is about 200 pounds in Pantip plaza in Bangkok im sure u will be happy with it for what u do.

Only thing is im upgrading my sonyalpha camera to the sonyalpha A350 or A700 not sure which on but both in my price range all i need to find out is what lens to go with it for club work for lighting effects enjoy u camera koykaeng u wont go wrong there and it works great in in low level light has one those light sensors in it for bars and clubs.here the specs for it if u getting the 12.1 mega pixel camera cannon g9

Canon PowerShot G9 digital camera
Supported Flash Memory: MultiMediaCard, SD Memory Card, SDHC Memory Card, MultiMediaCardplus
Sensor Resolution: 12.1 Megapixel
Shooting Modes: Frame movie mode
Image Stabiliser: Optical
Camera Flash: Built-in flash
Red Eye Reduction: Built-in
Microphone: built-in - electret condenser - mono
Optical: real-image zoom
Display: LCD display: Low Temperature Poly-Silicon (LTPS) - 3" - colour
Supported Battery: 1 x Li-ion rechargeable battery ( included )

Main features
Resolution: 12.1 Megapixel

Colour Support: Colour

Optical Sensor Type: CCD

Total Pixels: 12,400,000 pixels

Effective Sensor Resolution: 12,100,000 pixels

Optical Sensor Size: 1/1.7"

Light Sensitivity: ISO 100, ISO 800, ISO 400, ISO 200, ISO 80, ISO 1600, ISO 3200, ISO auto

Digital Zoom: 4 x

Shooting Modes: Frame movie mode

Shooting Programs: Landscape, portrait mode, stitch assist, fireworks, ND effect, night scene, Underwater, sports mode, indoor, foliage, beach, kids & pets, night snapshot, snow, aquarium

Special Effects: Black & White, Sepia, Neutral, Vivid, Colour Accent, Colour Swap, Lighter Skin Tone, Darker Skin Tone, Vivid Green, vivid blue, Vivid Red, Positive Film

Image Stabiliser: Optical

Max Shutter Speed: 1/2500 sec

Min Shutter Speed: 15 sec

Exposure Metering: Evaluative, spot AF area, centre-weighted, spot

Exposure Modes: Programme, automatic, manual, aperture-priority, shutter-priority

Exposure Compensation: ±2 EV range, in 1/3 EV steps

Auto Exposure Bracketing: 3 steps in 1/3 EV step

AE/AF Control: FlexiZone

Face Detection: Yes

White Balance: Custom, automatic, presets

White Balance Presets: Fluorescent, cloudy, tungsten light, Flash, daylight, Underwater

Digital Video Format: AVI

Still Image Format: JPEG, RAW

Continuous Shooting Speed: 1.5 frames per second, 0.7 frames per second

Video Capture:

AVI - 1024 x 768 - 15 fps
AVI - 640 x 480 - 30 fps
AVI - 320 x 240 - 30 fps
AVI - 160 x 120 - 15 fps

Camera flash
Camera Flash: Built-in flash

Flash Modes: Fill-in mode, rear curtain sync, slow synchro, auto mode, flash OFF mode, red-eye reduction

Red Eye Reduction: Built-in

Effective Flash Range: 0.3 m - 4 m

Features: AF illuminator, flash +/- compensation

Lens system
Type: Zoom lens - 7.4 mm - 44.4 mm - f/2.8-4.8

Focal Length: 7.4 mm - 44.4 mm

Focal Length Equivalent to 35mm Camera: 35 - 210mm

Focus Adjustment: Automatic, manual

Auto Focus: TTL contrast detection

Auto Focus Points (Zones): 9

Min Focus Range: 50 cm

Macro Focus Range: 1-50cm

Lens Aperture: F/2.8-4.8

Optical Zoom: 6 x

Zoom Adjustment: Motorised drive

Lens Construction: 7 group(s) / 9 element(s)

Features: Aspherical lens

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Smooci