LB Friendly PHUKET Hotels

• Please log in to reply
153 replies to this topic

#121 nono1983

nono1983
  • Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 18 October 2011 - 11:35 AM

guys iam going to phuket next week and iam looking for a good hotel which is guest friendly
my budget is 3000 to 4000 per night and i prefer a gum and private jacuzzi if possible
any recomendations
Ladyboy hunter

#122 jimbo34

jimbo34
  • Members
  • 9,813 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 07:04 PM

Kellys Hotel

I've just checked out Kelly's Hotel on Nanai Road, on behalf of a regular customer.

He was (rightly) concerned that many of the hotels closer to the action are charging a high premium during High Season. This is much more reasonable, although well back from the action. Fortunately, he's not afraid to rent a motorbike during his stay, so the distance from the beach and/or Bangla, is not an issue.

I thought it good value. With pool, free wi-fi, and (lb) guest-friendly, this place is worth a look as an alternative, particularly during High Season.

Its set back a bit off Nanai Road and has about 6 steep steps leading up to a rather narrow reception area - a bit awkward if you're carrying a heavy suitcase! However, there is a lift to the upper floors, after that, although if you book a penthouse right at the very top, you'll have to walk up the final flight of stairs.

The rear of the hotel backs onto the jungle, so no noise from there. No restaurant, although nanai is teeming with various cuisines, so no real issue there.

Overall, i was impressed.

more at: kellyshotelphuket.com

Attached Files

#123 Guest_flexxy46_*

Guest_flexxy46_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 November 2011 - 05:30 AM

What is the occupancy like in november? I am desperately trying to wangle a business trip to SG with a stopover in Phuket.

I know it is technically high season but wondered if there are deals to be made due to kustomah shortages?

#124 jimbo34

jimbo34
  • Members
  • 9,813 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 08:47 AM

Occupancy is pretty high right now, flexxy , what with the evacuations from bangkok going on.
Thais of course think that you're some sort of cretin for even asking for a deal, and the decently run farang hotels are pretty full right now. So there's not much in the way of special offers, but always worth trying to haggle a bit.

#125 Guest_flexxy46_*

Guest_flexxy46_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 November 2011 - 12:25 PM

OK Thanks Jimbo

#126 Ivor Biggun

Ivor Biggun
  • Members
  • 1,024 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 03:14 PM

Depends on what you are looking for to a degree Flexxy. Distance from the centre, apartment, guesthouse or hotel, pool,transport, etc. Plenty of places along Nanai south of the Offshore bar have rooms, just got to factor in transport and food on top. Most places along there have no joiner fee either.

#127 magavadut

magavadut
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 09:45 PM

I had a night at the Yorkshire. I thought I had booked a large double deluxe. I actually booked in person and paid cash a day in advance. But in fact something got lost in translation and I ended up with a standard room. Sigh. It WAS my fault - not the Yorkshire Inn's fault. The standard is small but clean. The 'large king size bed' really a smallish queen size. I'm crossposting a pic from my report so you can see the actual bed size with 2/3 of a threesome in it.

The Inn is clean, well maintained and has a nice pool. The internet was reliable and fast. The restaurant is quite good with a pleasant staff and cute little flat screen TVs in each booth so you can watch the sporting event of your choice.

It's 30-50 meters down the soi directly opposite Soi Bangla. Plenty of other restaurants to choose from and totally convenient. A few short minutes from that Jungceylon Mall for those who shop...

I'l l stay there again but be sure to book the correct room with the DELUXE king size bed!

Yorkshire seems to be of quality - with the website and all - so I am leaning towards it this summer. Had any joiner's fee?

Thanks

#128 petesie

petesie
  • Members
  • 8,011 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 10:11 PM

Yorkshire seems to be of quality - with the website and all - so I am leaning towards it this summer. Had any joiner's fee?

Thanks[/quote]

Nah but the electrician's were outrageous.. 8)
"My advice is just thank the god that doesnt exist for the rib he didnt take to create the women thats not a women that he didnt make for the naturaly uncut cock n enjoy it, they sure are fun." - Boomdraw

#129 magavadut

magavadut
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 10:18 PM

[quote]Yorkshire seems to be of quality - with the website and all - so I am leaning towards it this summer. Had any joiner's fee?

Thanks[/quote]

Nah but the electrician's were outrageous.. 8)[/quote]

Sorry, didn't get the "electrician's".

#130 petesie

petesie
  • Members
  • 8,011 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 12:12 AM

It's Scottish humour...

For Joiner read Carpenter..same same. 8)
"My advice is just thank the god that doesnt exist for the rib he didnt take to create the women thats not a women that he didnt make for the naturaly uncut cock n enjoy it, they sure are fun." - Boomdraw

#131 boss45

boss45
  • Members
  • 473 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 01:38 AM

Looks like they are stretching the high season all the way to the end of April. So Nov thru April high season, with Dec-Jan being peak, really??? Looks like they are stretching their luck as well. To bad the Marriott in Phuket shut down.

#132 Ali71

Ali71
  • Members
  • 473 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 09:59 AM

Good hotels in phucket please?

-Reasonable rate
-Safety deposit box in room
-close to bars nightlife
-close to beach
-guest friendly :rock: no joiner fee

Would be great if they had