LB FRIENDLY PATTAYA HOTELS

• Please log in to reply
265 replies to this topic

#229 aussieguy

aussieguy
  • Members
  • 669 posts

Posted 14 January 2011 - 06:42 PM

thnx for the feedback on the flipper hotels jimbo...and thnx for the lb info on soi 7 and 8 dixon, :harhar: even though that wasn't exactly what I was asking about...

#230 Guest_pandemonium_*

Guest_pandemonium_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 January 2011 - 04:51 AM

soi 7 and 8 as said is probably the safest sois in town. any time of the day, as a friend of mine has a gg bar in soi 8, and i have left his bar at some silly times.
i have also stayed at the flipper in soi8, it was ok, but was in need of a coat of paint.
the only piece of advice i would give, is if you are walking about patts in the wee hours, i generally avoid beach road, the side on the beach, as have heard at that can be a bit dodgey

#231 aussieguy

aussieguy
  • Members
  • 669 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 01:58 PM

Jimbo in regards to flipper hotel...is the noise level high and annoying outside in the soi ? Also I've seen some footage of the hotel...looks like a couples or family hotel....Do you get many peering eyes when bringing a lb back with you ?

#232 james2035

james2035
  • Members
  • 91 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 07:15 AM

Hi all just booked LK Metropole for 1500bht a night through booking.com great rate for this hotel it still amazies me how much some of the lower end hotels want to charge PBR and Areca Lodge are examples good hotels decent rooms but not worth the money especially the transient village on the walk to the PBR hotel makes me feel very uncumfortable :tantrum: if that goes will use the hotel again

#233 payoff

payoff
  • Members
  • 152 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 10:28 AM

Was at LK Legend (the one between 3rd road and Sukumavit) to check it out last month and while the place is very nice I found the staff rude, unhelpful and lazy. One of the front desk staff literally hid so she wouldn't have to serve me then refused to show me a room because the one bellboy was not available. I hasten to add that it was the opposite of busy when I was there so no excuse.

Also there was a big sign on the reception desk displaying a joiner fee of 500 baht per night.
So... be warned :redcard:

#234 daveo679

daveo679
  • Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 13 June 2011 - 11:23 PM

Room 10A for example and the discreet back way in and out, one of our smaller but comfy rooms, includes A/C, 2 ceiling fans, 4 poster bed, sofa & recliner, TV, DVD player, large fridge, en-suite, table & chairs, etc

Attached Files

• Attached File  10A_5.jpg   89.62KB   1720 downloads
  • Attached File  10A1.jpg   107.96KB   1720 downloads

#235 daveo679

daveo679
  • Members
  • 29 posts

Room 10A for example and the discreet back way in and out, one of our smaller but comfy rooms, includes A/C, 2 ceiling fans, 4 poster bed, sofa & recliner, TV, DVD player, large fridge, en-suite, table & chairs, etc

#236 daveo679

daveo679
  • Members
  • 29 posts

#237 daveo679

daveo679
  • Members
  • 29 posts

#238 walterRL

walterRL
  • Members
  • 88 posts

Posted 20 August 2011 - 08:52 PM

Hello everybody, I will be in LOS between the 29th of Aug till the 7th of Sep.

My first destination will be phuket, and I am thinking about spend the last 4 nights in Pattaya.

2 questions:

1) do you suggest me to come to Pattaya or Phuket is enough?
2) if yes, what about the Penthouse hotel? I was looking to the babilon suite... does it worth way it take or not?

thanks everybody

#239 stonefre

stonefre
  • Members
  • 1,052 posts

Posted 11 November 2011 - 11:39 AM

Everyone will have their own opinion on this of course, but for that short a stay I'm not sure I'd want the hassle of traveling to two places. I'd choose one or the other. Phuket gets rather boring for me after a few days. I've never stayed at the Penthouse, I've mostly seen mediocre reviews at best on this forum. I guess it depends on what you are into. Not my cup of tea. I personally don't go for all those tacky trimmings. I'm sure you'll get various opinions on both of these subjects. I suspect you might find a nicer hotel for equal or less money. Good luck.

#240 spieslikeus

spieslikeus
  • Members
  • 91 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 01:03 PM

Stayed in the April Suites,, really liked the place.
The rooms are quite spacious, decorated nicely, also no problems with guests.
Only draw back, the food is expensive and of a low standard.
Swimming pool is small, however the setting of it on the roof and the decor surrounding it, makes it a pleasant way to kill a few hours during the day, or when trying to shift a hang over.
Also if you like to work out, the gym looked okay from what i saw, and there is also a sauna, all on the roof top level next to the pool.
3/4 laundrette establishments just outside the hotel, which became very handy, also a motor bike taxi rank at the end of the soi.
if you need to know any more just give us a pm.
honestly cannot speak highly enough of this gem

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Smooci