• Please log in to reply
265 replies to this topic

#205 essex boy

essex boy
  • Members
  • 273 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 02:57 AM

essex boy sobbed

banging your leg on something and cut my leg thats when i had enough.

oh you poor wee soul :cry:
southern poof :lol:

cheers mate :lol:

#206 Surin Nix

Surin Nix
  • Members
  • 1,686 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 12:14 PM

Anyone stayed at the Ibis in Patong? Any comments on this hotel?

I did. About as vanilla as they come.

Small, sterile rooms. An unremarkable pool view. Not near anything......unless you are willing to hike awhile.

I recall paying about 1500 baht per night. After 2 nights, I moved to the Merrison Inn, 800 baht, and much happier.

The Ibis has all the ambience of a sterile bomb-shelter.

Nix
Nix

#207 ladedaa69

ladedaa69
  • Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 03:36 AM

Hi Guys

The Marriott Pattaya Resort - its on the list . not sure how up to date the list is. Is it still friendly to guests?

Thanks

#208 daveo679

daveo679
  • Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 26 November 2010 - 01:17 AM

Canterbury Tales Cafe Guest House & Bookshop

#209 rxpharm

rxpharm
  • Moderators
  • 3,339 posts

Posted 08 December 2010 - 02:23 PM

During my visit to Pattaya for MIQ 2010, I stayed at Page 10 Hotel. The location is pretty good, on 2nd Road, Soi 10. About a 5-10 minute walk away from Central Pattaya Festival and easy access to the major Baht bus routes on Beach Road and 2nd Road. The hotel is only a few months old, so everything is still new and in good working order.

Booked on Agoda for 1500 Baht a night including breakfast, which is a good savings of the standard internet rate of 1873 Baht a night for the Studio Superior room.

All rooms have free wifi - although you may need to move your laptop around for the best signal if your room is on the ends of the hallway. The wireless router is set up in the middle of the hallway. Also there is an in room electronic safe, LCD TV with DVD player, cable TV. If you are a light sleeper it is a good idea to ask for a room that is not facing the soi. The Beer Bar across the soi plays loud music late into the night.

The hotel is guest friendly - it advertises right on their home page - no guest fee, but I don't know if that holds for more than one guest. The rooms even have 2 boxes of condoms along with the minibar supplies! :D

The rooms are good sized, Studio Superiors at 38 square metres, Studio Deluxe at 44 square meters and an oversized 7 foot bed, and Junior Suite 2 rooms of 66 square metres with an oversized 7 foot bed.

Service was good, the breakfast was pretty good when I woke up for it - included an omelette bar.

The only problem I had was checking out and they claimed we used 2 bottles of Evian from the minibar - which wasn't true. Charged 140 Baht - I questioned it, but since we had to get back to Bkk, I paid up. Probably would be a good idea to request removing all minibar supplies on check in, and buy your own from the nearby 7/11 or Family Mart on Beach Road or 2nd Road. There is also a laundry just down the Soi towards Beach Road that charges a fraction of the hotel laundry prices.

Here are some photos of the room.

Attached Files

#210 Thailand-junkie

Thailand-junkie
  • Members
  • 425 posts

Posted 08 December 2010 - 02:41 PM

#211 rxpharm

rxpharm
  • Moderators
  • 3,339 posts

Posted 08 December 2010 - 11:48 PM

Sorry to hear that TJ - they must have changed to high season prices, that is lot more than what I paid! Reports are the hotels are filling up for high season - but generally the lower spending tourists.

#212 xyzzy

xyzzy
  • Members
  • 1,708 posts
  • LocationPattaya

Posted 09 December 2010 - 03:43 AM

I just looked at 10 nights in mid January on the hotel web site and it was 2049B a night. The initial prices listed don't include the 10% tax and 7% VAT that many place include in the price. They want a hefty 50% deposit. Nice looking place though.
xyzzy is the "magic word" from the first computer adventure game and isn't capitalized

#213 Guest_pandemonium_*

Guest_pandemonium_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 December 2010 - 06:19 AM

just back lads, and if you do not mind not having a pool, you cannot look past the queen vic soi6, 3rd time i have stayed here now.
check the web site
www.queenvictoria-inn.com
i stayed in the 700 rooms, but prices to meet all budgets, apparantly the penthouse is supposed to be amazing

#214 daveo679

daveo679
  • Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 12 December 2010 - 10:45 AM

Yes most if not all the guest houses in our area are full as they are kind on the budget and no hidden costs or % tax etc.
We are full into mid Jan already and its because a good way to save money on a trip is the accommodation and with the competition around Guest Houses have to do their best to add that little extra.
We also have a good all day Breakfast bunch of regulars, a mix of ex-pats and tourists who just about know most things good and bad about Pattaya so a good knowledge base.

#215 filipef

filipef
  • Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 03:29 AM

I stayed at Areca Lodge (late November) and I must say I think it is a very good choice.

I got an Agoda promotion and I paid around 850 baths/night for a twin room, with breakfast. I think it is very cheap and I would stay there again, even if I pay a bit more.

The 2 beds, putted together, were nice, even if you can feel a bit uncomfortable right ate the middle of the bed(s).

I stayed at the Corona (? The one of the middle) wing. Not the newest one, as far as I know, but quite ok.

Room was big enough, small balcony with a view to the new swimming pool, clean toilet, good tv.

On top of mini-bar, you have condoms, wich you can use (and pay for them) if you are out of them when you need them….However, maybe better to check first if their size is ok for you….

Both pools are good but of course the new one is better.

Breakfast is good. If you stay there in a double or twin room, your guest has also the right oh having it, of course.

No problems with guests (don’t know about gay guests, but I read somewhere it is ok too), lb or gg. They inform you about that right when you check-in: one guest is free, if you have a double or twin room, you pay 300 baths for each one (the 3rd, the 4rth,….depending on how young and crazy you are, I guess).

In this hotel, you can see old couples (like late 60 or even 70 years old), mixed families (usually, farang male and asian female), some with their children, but also solo travellers with/without different gf each night/morning.

Location is good, walking distance from lb bars (there is one beer-bar, with some lb, right around the corner, if you walk to 2nd rd, but Pook Bar is not far, also, or La Bamba, or Stringfellows…), shopping malls, etc.

#216 thailover57

thailover57
  • Members
  • 1,291 posts

Posted 24 December 2010 - 01:17 PM

Soi 13. Inexpensive, quiet and nice. No charge for one, extra charge for second. WiFi was sketchy - they're working on it. The ladies (yes) at the bar out front are wonderful. They have a lift and the location is very central to what ever you want.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Smooci