LB FRIENDLY PATTAYA HOTELS

• Please log in to reply
265 replies to this topic

#217 thailover57

thailover57
  • Members
  • 1,291 posts

Posted 24 December 2010 - 01:20 PM

Put in a subject but apparently it didn't take. The soi 13 I was talking about was Inn House.

#218 seaman08

seaman08
  • Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 06:45 PM

Spent 4 nights in Pats last week over new years. Everything was busy and prices were up. I stayed at the Sunbeam on Soi 8 for 2 nights and the Sunshine just across the street.

Sunbeam was a really nice room but I found the staff unhelpful and the place was packed with Arab tour groups. I booked online and had no problem bringing guests but a mamasan told me they usually charge 600B joiner fee. Further research suggested that joiners are free (as is wifi in the room) only if you book online. My guess is that's a policy to they offer to circumvent the travel agents. Wifi worked well though.

I found the Sunshine better. Room not as nicely appointed but staff helpful, food at the restaurant good (and with a nice courtyard overlooking the Soi 8 scene). I upgraded to a superior room and had an awesome balcony overlooking the beach and Soi 8. My date for the night and I spent the evening drinking sang som, eating room service and watching the action from above (oh yea, and fucking). Wifi was pay as you go but not too expensive and reasonably fast.

#219 daveo679

daveo679
  • Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 12:09 AM

We have a good range of rooms at very competitive rates, we are completely guest friendly, discreet back door at building A, we offer an All day English Breakfast as well as other fine fair, as well as a well stocked new and used bookshop with book exchange.
Please see http://www.canterburytalescafe.com and drop me a line for a good deal on a room for the coming year.
Cheers Dave

Attached Files

#220 dixon cox

dixon cox

Monkey Nut

• Moderators
  • 7,150 posts
  • LocationCentral Pattaya

Posted 07 January 2011 - 06:07 AM

... we offer an All day English Breakfast

What are your opening hours?

I've walked past during the early hours on several occasions in the last few days and it's always been closed.

Maybe it should read "All day, except when we're closed".

Meum cerebrum nocet

#221 aussieguy

aussieguy
  • Members
  • 669 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 07:37 PM

hey fellow BMs...bit of a dilemna here. I'm thinking of staying at either flipper lodge or flipper house, any one know the difference between the 2...both LB friendly...no joiner fee ?...what happens if u bring 2 LBs back..any fees stares ?

#222 daveo679

daveo679
  • Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 11:46 PM

Opening hours are 8am to 8pm, it is clearly posted outside the front over each entrance.
Cheers Dave

#223 dixon cox

dixon cox

Monkey Nut

• Moderators
  • 7,150 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 06:59 AM

Opening hours are 8am to 8pm, it is clearly posted outside the front over each entrance.

Okies.

Maybe I'll pop in for an "All Day Breakfast", ensuring that it's during the half a day that it's actually open, of course.

As they say, "This is Thailand" :mrgreen:

Meum cerebrum nocet

#224 daveo679

daveo679
  • Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 08:10 AM

As stated its an all day (not half day) breakfast, not all day and all night, Thanks Dixon, I hope your getting close to understanding now.
Cheers Dave

#225 dixon cox

dixon cox

Monkey Nut

• Moderators
  • 7,150 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 10:07 PM

Thanks Dixon

My pleasure.

My days are 24 hours long, not 12.

Meum cerebrum nocet

#226 aussieguy

aussieguy
  • Members
  • 669 posts

Posted 14 January 2011 - 03:08 PM

hi again fellow BMs...thought I'd try asking again about the flipper hotels, I also noticed that they are in soi 7 and 8 respectfully, it means having to take a bus from 2rd at early hours of the morning and getting dropped of at the top of the soi on 2nd rd...Is it safe to walk down these sois at 3-4 in thw morning ?

#227 dixon cox

dixon cox

Monkey Nut

• Moderators
  • 7,150 posts

Posted 14 January 2011 - 05:40 PM

Is it safe to walk down these sois at 3-4 in thw morning ?

IMO they are at their best at that time of day.

Soi 7, 20m from 2nd Road on your right is Family Good (part of the Family group of bars), about 5 ladyboys on staff in this very friendly mixed bar (with pool table), open until 6am.

Soi 8, 50m from 2nd Road on your right is Blue Dragon 2002, stacked with some of the sluttiest cock-carrying slappers in Pattaya, including Benz (ex-Didi Bar) and many others, open 24 hours a day and always populated.

A few ladyboys can often be found scattered around these two slutty interlinked sois and many bars remain open until daybreak, no need to be afraid.

Meum cerebrum nocet

#228 jimbo34

jimbo34
  • Members
  • 9,813 posts

Posted 14 January 2011 - 06:27 PM

Both LB friendly, aussie, no joiners fee. I've only stayed at Flipper House ("suite") and thoroughly enjoyed it. Great location.
Of course its safe!

Mind you, i hate Sodom City of course, and only venture there against my will, and purely for research!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Smooci