• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#37 batman4ever

batman4ever

• Moderators
  • 4,822 posts
  • LocationScandinavia

Posted 04 March 2014 - 02:45 PM

Precisely...there are pro`s and Con`s with all the Places/Towns in LOS, i just focus on the pro`s every time, and i like to visit all the Places...even BKK but ill only take 2-3 days there :)

• larrylarry likes this

A ladyboy is a kind of creature...that makes a txt saying...dont you trust me...and send it to 20 people... :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:

https://www.facebook.com/ladyboyforum

#38 Moo Yung

Moo Yung
  • Administrators
  • 649 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 07:04 PM

Well you assume incorrectly; I call them as I see (and smell) them. And I've been to Pewket over a dozen times (for diving).

Why would you go over a dozen times to dive there if it is so bad?

• jaybee111 likes this

Find us on facebook: LADYBOYFORUM

#39 jonnieb

jonnieb
  • Members
  • 520 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 12:34 PM

So it took over 12 visits before you realised you didn't like it? ... duh.

At least allow the other guy one visit to make his own determination, just like it took you over 12.

Phuket is incredibly popular for many reasons, but I live in Pattaya :mrgreen:

As I said, I primarily (almost exclusively after the first two visits) go to Pewket for scuba diving. Believe it or not, it's not as dirty and much less smelly under the water surface and when one is breathing a nice Nitrox mix. Pewket and nearby Tab Lamue are also the jumping off points for live-a boards to the Similan and Surin islands so I've had to go to Pewket to join these as well. I usually stay on the east coast areas of Chalong and Cape Panwa, which are much cleaner and less sewage infested than the over-crowded west coast villages of Patong, Karon, and Kata. Just my opinions...and yes, many other areas of Thailand are the same.

#40 Hard News

Hard News
  • Members
  • 181 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 01:19 PM

What`s wrong in diving in sewage......we all do !!!

Sorry that was bad taste  :(

#41 jonnieb

jonnieb
  • Members
  • 520 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 03:10 PM

What`s wrong in diving in sewage......we all do !!!

Sorry that was bad taste :(

Not all of us are into that...but to each his own.

#42 Moo Yung

Moo Yung
  • Administrators
  • 649 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 05:32 PM

I won't argue that Phuket isn't a little overcrowded in areas and is generally a bit more expensive than some of the Thai resorts, but suggestions that it's a sewage or that the beaches are anything other than stunning is way off the mark.

Don't take my word for it, just do a google search for best beaches in Thailand or even Asia, and several of Phuket's beaches will appear.

Phuket had 5 beaches in top 10 for Trip Advisors 2013 awards for Thailand - http://www.tripadvis...es-cTop-g293915

It had 4 in the top 25 beaches in Asia (2013) - http://www.tripadvis...Beaches-cTop-g2

#43 jonnieb

jonnieb
  • Members
  • 520 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 08:48 PM

I won't argue that Phuket isn't a little overcrowded in areas and is generally a bit more expensive than some of the Thai resorts, but suggestions that it's a sewage or that the beaches are anything other than stunning is way off the mark.

Don't take my word for it, just do a google search for best beaches in Thailand or even Asia, and several of Phuket's beaches will appear.

Phuket had 5 beaches in top 10 for Trip Advisors 2013 awards for Thailand - http://www.tripadvis...es-cTop-g293915

It had 4 in the top 25 beaches in Asia (2013) - http://www.tripadvis...Beaches-cTop-g2

Are these ratings when the sewage fed green algae blooms and red-tides are running or when they're not? If you really want to know how pristine Phukets beaches/water are I suggest Googling "fecal bacteria count Phuket beaches" instead of the ratings of some dweebs posting on Trip Advisor.

Or to make it even easier for you: http://www.phuketgaz...lack-25683.html

#44 Moo Yung

Moo Yung
  • Administrators
  • 649 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 09:47 PM

So I guess CNN Travel, Trip Advisor, Lonely Planet and just about every other major travel guide have got it wrong.

That story covers a small canal where they suspect waste was dumped by local vendors,it's obviously not a fair reflection of the several bays, beaches and islands around Phuket.

Living in Pattaya I know exactly what sewage covered beaches look like. I don't go to Phuket very often but when I do, driving along the coastline and exploring the beaches is something I look forward to. You just can't compare the high quality of Phuket beaches to what we have here in Pattaya. I was there in December and spent time at Kamala, Surin, and Karon beach, all of which I can personally vouch for being attractive and clean.

#45 jonnieb

jonnieb
  • Members
  • 520 posts

Posted 22 March 2014 - 07:29 PM

So I guess CNN Travel, Trip Advisor, Lonely Planet and just about every other major travel guide have got it wrong.

That story covers a small canal where they suspect waste was dumped by local vendors,it's obviously not a fair reflection of the several bays, beaches and islands around Phuket.

Living in Pattaya I know exactly what sewage covered beaches look like. I don't go to Phuket very often but when I do, driving along the coastline and exploring the beaches is something I look forward to. You just can't compare the high quality of Phuket beaches to what we have here in Pattaya. I was there in December and spent time at Kamala, Surin, and Karon beach, all of which I can personally vouch for being attractive and clean.

More on your sewage paradise island of Pewket. I particularly like the description of the floating turds at many beaches; and the TAT using images of beaches in the Philippines and Indonesia in their Phuket promotional material is an especially imaginative touch!

http://www.thaivisa....m/#entry7512999

#46 Moo Yung

Moo Yung
  • Administrators
  • 649 posts

Posted 22 March 2014 - 09:18 PM

:argh: 

Its not my sewage Paradise, I live in Pattaya which has crystal clear waters and far superior beaches to Phuket, wouldn't you agree?..   :fib:

#47 xyzzy

xyzzy
  • Members
  • 1,708 posts
  • LocationPattaya

Posted 22 March 2014 - 11:25 PM

More on your sewage paradise island of Pewket. I particularly like the description of the floating turds at many beaches; and the TAT using images of beaches in the Philippines and Indonesia in their Phuket promotional material is an especially imaginative touch!

Philippine beaches with no floating turds don't have enough population.  :D   Not really unusual in SE Asia. Sewage Subic Bay is a fine example of Filipino sanitation in action.

xyzzy is the "magic word" from the first computer adventure game and isn't capitalized

#48 jaybee111

jaybee111
  • Members
  • 389 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 23 March 2014 - 12:53 AM

So, what I'm hearing is there are no perfect beaches in and around the places where LBs are available and plentiful. Given that, if I'm going for the beach first and LBs second, I'll take Phuket over Pattaya. And vice versa.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Smooci