samui inexperienced

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#13 jonnieb

jonnieb
  • Members
  • 520 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 03:20 PM

For scuba you might as well visit Phuket...then you have 10 times more ladyboys around :)
and my personally advice...dont spend so many days in BKK...its just not worth it if you dont sleep all day...and party all night, you will get tired ;) also BKK is more expensive than Pattaya...so take some days there too :rock:

Agreed. The diving sucks in the gulf (Samui, Phangan, Tao). I don't know what level you are or what your used to so you may find it acceptable but it's mainly a training ground for beginning divers to get their sea-fins. Be sure and register and search for ladyboys from Samui on the Thai Friendly website. While there aren't the numbers for the other areas mentioned, there are a number listed there so you will get some leads.

And you have my consolation for living in Jesus freak Mormon Country!
  • dalianfun likes this

#14 brad654

brad654
  • Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 09:20 PM

Awesome thanks for the advice everyone. I think i will be switching to Phuket. My flight can be changed without charge and my hotel can be cancelled the same. I did look up dive companies in Phuket and looks like it will be awesome. I am new so i wanted to get certified. But looks like 15 days in phuket is in the cards! You guys are awesome, if you happen to be in the area when im there i owe you drinks!

• batman4ever and dixon cox like this

#15 batman4ever

batman4ever

• Moderators
  • 4,822 posts
  • LocationScandinavia

Posted 19 February 2014 - 12:10 PM

Be sure to visit Cocktail&Dreams one of the first nights...and say hello to Jimbo the owner...he knows EVERYTHING about the scene in Phuket... :) he is normally in the bar every night from 10...except sundays :rock:

A ladyboy is a kind of creature...that makes a txt saying...dont you trust me...and send it to 20 people... :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:

https://www.facebook.com/ladyboyforum

#16 jimbo34

jimbo34
  • Members
  • 9,813 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 04:31 PM

You've got a decent length trip to look forward to Brad, but you don't want to waste it.

Samui is lovely, although as others have said, its a bit limited.

Obviously i'm on here to promote Patong (in Phuket). Patong is ladyboy central of the island. The downside is that its on the west coast, and the diveboats all leave from the east side, so you'll be travelling for 40 minutes, early morning - can be difficult after a night of mongering!

There's lots of wonderful beaches and plenty of spectacular shows in the evening. And a multitude of sightseeing boat trips available. There is a zoo, seeing as you mention animals, although i hear its not so nice. Tiger Kingdom opened last year just a short hop over the hill from Patong, where you can actually get into the cage with a tiger, and even cuddle him! Awesome, but a bit scary as even the little ones could tear you to shreds in seconds.

Pattaya has plenty of attractions too, and must surely be the ladyboy capitol of the world! The beach sucks however.

My advice would be to spend just a couple of days in Bangkok, and then move on to the resort of your choice.

#17 jaybee111

jaybee111
  • Members
  • 389 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 19 February 2014 - 06:06 PM

Welcome brad from a fellow Utahn! I was sure I was one of a kind.

#18 brad654

brad654
  • Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 03:21 AM

Looks like your not the only enlightened one.

• jaybee111 likes this

#19 Hard News

Hard News
  • Members
  • 181 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 09:05 AM

Not to many high fives

I lived on and off in Utah between 1981 and 84    Skiing was great but everything else......well what can I say !!!

#20 jaybee111

jaybee111
  • Members
  • 389 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 20 February 2014 - 10:18 AM

Yeah Hard, not much for night life but if you like outdoors stuff like skiing, hunting, fishing, hiking, biking, camping, etc. it's hard to beat. Almost any type of terrain you'd want can be found there from high mountains to desert canyons. Several National parks. Crime rate still relatively low. Admitted, some people can be a bit self-righteous and judgmental but there's a lot of good people there too.

#21 larrylarry

larrylarry
  • Members
  • 472 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 11:52 AM

Yes as so many have said Phuket is the easy answer for combo LB and dive vacation. There is a National Geographic operation on second road that has an amazing dive boat with some great day trips and you may also want to check out a live aboard for a two or three night live aboard dive experience. Phuket has plenty of LBs and Jimbo over at C and D will no doubt make certain you find just what your looking for in that department.

If you got about 2-3 weeks and its your first trip to LOS I would spend (IMHO) about 3-4 days the most in BKK doing the Nana thing at night and tourist stuff by day then on to Phuket do two nights on a dive boat, party a bit on Bangla maybe 3 or 4 days and perhaps get in another one day trip dive trip then hop a plane to Pattaya for a few days of partying there. You can take a cab from Pattaya right to the airport in BKK. I did a 19 day itinerary something like that a few years ago It was perfect for me not to rushed and I got everything in.

welcome to the forum bro -enjoy

• batman4ever and dixon cox like this

#22 brad654

brad654
  • Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 22 February 2014 - 12:16 PM

Yes as so many have said Phuket is the easy answer for combo LB and dive vacation. There is a National Geographic operation on second road that has an amazing dive boat with some great day trips and you may also want to check out a live aboard for a two or three night live aboard dive experience. Phuket has plenty of LBs and Jimbo over at C and D will no doubt make certain you find just what your looking for in that department.

If you got about 2-3 weeks and its your first trip to LOS I would spend (IMHO) about 3-4 days the most in BKK doing the Nana thing at night and tourist stuff by day then on to Phuket do two nights on a dive boat, party a bit on Bangla maybe 3 or 4 days and perhaps get in another one day trip dive trip then hop a plane to Pattaya for a few days of partying there. You can take a cab from Pattaya right to the airport in BKK. I did a 19 day itinerary something like that a few years ago It was perfect for me not to rushed and I got everything in.

welcome to the forum bro -enjoy

Sweet thanks for the advice, i may consider doing just that. Hitting each city would be pretty awesome. I will have to see if the monger fund will support this. I will definately take the time to meet Jimbo, only been on this forum a few week and it will be like meeting a legend. 

#23 brad654

brad654
  • Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 09:17 AM

Well i am curious, what would be different with staying in phuket or pattaya? Plenty of ladyboys in both. Is there something unique about pattaya?

#24 dixon cox

dixon cox

Monkey Nut

• Moderators
  • 7,150 posts
  • LocationCentral Pattaya

Posted 23 February 2014 - 10:10 AM

Besides natural beauty, which Phuket wins, the ladyboy action in Phuket is mainly focused in or around one street, Bangla Road. Pattaya has Walking Street for the tourists, but Pattaya is a City, ladyboy action is everywhere and the choices for eveything are that much greater, hotels, restaurants, ladyboy bars etc.. 

The only way to truly know is to visit both and compare for yourself, or look at the 'Maps' at the top to get an idea.

Meum cerebrum nocet

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Smooci