samui inexperienced

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#25 brad654

brad654
  • Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 10:22 AM

Is it hard to get to the bangkok international airport from pattaya?

#26 dixon cox

dixon cox

Monkey Nut

• Moderators
  • 7,150 posts
  • LocationCentral Pattaya

Posted 23 February 2014 - 10:58 AM

Is it hard to get to the bangkok international airport from pattaya?

Pattaya and Suvarnabhumi (Bangkok Airport = BKK) are 150kms apart, a journey of less than 2 hours.

Transport from Airport to Pattaya: -
Bell Travel Service operate comfortable and modern buses that run from Suvarnabhumi Airport and will take you into Pattaya bus station. They have a desk at the airport located on Level 1, Gate 8. The cost is B230 (£4.50) and providing you buy a 'Hotel" ticket you will swap into a smaller minibus at the bus station to be dropped off at your hotel. Be sure you know the name of your hotel. The other ticket option is just a bus to Pattaya and beyond, a few Baht cheaper but no hotel drop-off, they alternate by the hour. Hotel bus is always the best option so you're not dealing with other rides at the other end and they will know where your hotel is, providing it's listed on their website.

If you know what time you arrive then you can book a ticket online or just turn-up at their desk, first come first served.

Alternatively you could take a taxi from the airport from between B1,200 to B1,500 depending on your negotiation skills - See Here - Advantage of that is there's no waiting if you've just missed a bus, but also the potential problem that the driver does not know where your hotel is located.

Bell Travel Service naturally operate the return service from your Pattaya hotel to the airport too which again can be booked online. Alternatively there are taxi booths located everywhere in Pattaya advertising a ride from Pattaya to the airport. It is very, very easy.

Meum cerebrum nocet

#27 brad654

brad654
  • Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 11:03 AM

Thats not bad at all, then i could just head to the airport from pattaya instead of staying another night in BK.  Just fly from phuket to pattaya.

#28 dixon cox

dixon cox

Monkey Nut

• Moderators
  • 7,150 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 11:08 AM

Thats not bad at all, then i could just head to the airport from pattaya instead of staying another night in BK.

Yes. That's what I do 99% of the time these days. It's a common journey made by many, no problem.

Meum cerebrum nocet

#29 jimbo34

jimbo34
  • Members
  • 9,813 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 06:48 PM

I have to wave the white flag :giveup:  to Pattaya when it comes to mongering. There;s ladyboys everywhere! And its virtually round the clock. Undoubtedly the monger's paradise.

However.........in my view its not much good for anything else, which is why my trips over the Gulf tend to be short ones.

As larrylarry says, if you have the time, and budget, for all 3, it'll be the holiday of a lifetime !

There;s plenty of advice on here about where to stay, how to get around, and a host of other information. Ask your questions, and take your time to carefully think out each stage.

Good luck.

• jaybee111 likes this

#30 jonnieb

jonnieb
  • Members
  • 520 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 05:46 PM

I have to wave the white flag :giveup:  to Pattaya when it comes to mongering. There;s ladyboys everywhere! And its virtually round the clock. Undoubtedly the monger's paradise.

However.........in my view its not much good for anything else, which is why my trips over the Gulf tend to be short ones.

Good luck.

Funny my feeling is the same towards Phuket, if not for the diving, I'd never go there as most else on the island sucks and is overpriced. In fact, I don't even go there to dive anymore as there's much better diving in Malaysia and Indonesia...I mean, why do I want to pull-up at a dive site where there's already 20 other dive boats!

#31 jimbo34

jimbo34
  • Members
  • 9,813 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 05:34 AM

Funny my feeling is the same towards Phuket, if not for the diving, I'd never go there as most else on the island sucks and is overpriced. In fact, I don't even go there to dive anymore as there's much better diving in Malaysia and Indonesia...I mean, why do I want to pull-up at a dive site where there's already 20 other dive boats!

I really don't think you'll be missed.

#32 jonnieb

jonnieb
  • Members
  • 520 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 05:43 PM

Thats not bad at all, then i could just head to the airport from pattaya instead of staying another night in BK.  Just fly from phuket to pattaya.

Why not just write-out Phuket completely, as is just a smelly trash heap of an island (from the open sewers and piles of garbage everywhere) and just do Bangkok and Pattaya? That would be a much more satisfying itinerary.

#33 Moo Yung

Moo Yung
  • Administrators
  • 649 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 03:36 PM

Why not just write-out Phuket completely, as is just a smelly trash heap of an island (from the open sewers and piles of garbage everywhere) and just do Bangkok and Pattaya? That would be a much more satisfying itinerary.

I assume this is written with huge tongue in cheek? They do a pretty good job of keeping the beaches clean in Phuket. if only Pattaya had beaches even half as good as some of those Phuket bays.

• Janus likes this

Find us on facebook: LADYBOYFORUM

#34 jonnieb

jonnieb
  • Members
  • 520 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 10:09 PM

I assume this is written with huge tongue in cheek? They do a pretty good job of keeping the beaches clean in Phuket. if only Pattaya had beaches even half as good as some of those Phuket bays.

Well you assume incorrectly; I call them as I see (and smell) them. And I've been to Pewket over a dozen times (for diving).

#35 jimbo34

jimbo34
  • Members
  • 9,813 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 12:25 PM

Well, you can make the same criticisms of anywhere in Thailand.

When you're used to the sterile, clean conditions in the West, Thailand can be a bit of a shock. Care of the environment is not top of their list of priorities.

However, Phuket is still a beautiful island, and there are hundreds of others even more so.......but without the ladyboys!

• batman4ever and jaybee111 like this

#36 dixon cox

dixon cox

Monkey Nut

• Moderators
  • 7,150 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 01:29 PM

Well you assume incorrectly; I call them as I see (and smell) them. And I've been to Pewket over a dozen times (for diving).

So it took over 12 visits before you realised you didn't like it? ... duh.

At least allow the other guy one visit to make his own determination, just like it took you over 12.

Phuket is incredibly popular for many reasons, but I live in Pattaya  :mrgreen:

• jaybee111 likes this

Meum cerebrum nocet

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Smooci