samui inexperienced

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#1 brad654

brad654
  • Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 08:18 AM

Hey everyone. Im from the United States and am going to be spending 3 weeks in Thailand. I very excited to get to explore Thailand.

I have only had one experience with a ladyboy here in the U.S. Which was limited. Im going to be spending about a week total in Bangkok and the rest in Samui. 

My question is what to expect with ladyboys in Samui. Any advice, recommendations, warnings?

Brad

#2 dixon cox

dixon cox

Monkey Nut

• Moderators
  • 7,150 posts
  • LocationCentral Pattaya

Posted 17 February 2014 - 11:27 AM

Hi Brad, welcome on board.

99% of people visiting Thailand seeking ladyboys will visit Bangkok, Pattaya or Phuket (Patong) as that's where the bulk of Thailand's P4P ladyboys congregate. You truly are tripping over them in those locations.

Samui is not ladyboy central by any stretch of the imagination. Chaweng is the most popular tourist area of Samui followed by Lamai. There will be some around, as there are in most parts of Thailand, but you'll have to keep your ladyboy-detector on full alert. See a cabaret and you'll see a ladyboy or two. Happy hunting.

Meum cerebrum nocet

#3 Moo Yung

Moo Yung
  • Administrators
  • 649 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 11:59 AM

Welcome to the forum.

Here are a couple of recnet threads on Samui with relevant info:

http://ladyboyforum....-can-do-couple/

http://ladyboyforum....0616-koh-samui/

And an older thread with some nice Samui info:

http://ladyboyforum....9816-koh-samui/

I spent 2012 living in Samui. It definitely has a bar scene and ladyboys around, but nothing in comparison to Bangkok or Patttaya, or even Phuket. 

Samui today is only a shadow of what it was back in 2004 (my first visit), and it's lost a lot of it's charm and island vibe, with Bophut, Lamai and Chaweng now over crowded tourists and backpackers (and Thais cashing in). But it still has some stunning beaches, especially if you are willing to rent a bike or car and explore.

If you are looking for a combi of ladyboys and paradise beaches I'd opt for Phuket over Samui, or if you just want ladyboys with a sea view I'd go for Pattaya.  

• larrylarry likes this

Find us on facebook: LADYBOYFORUM

#4 brad654

brad654
  • Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 07:20 PM

Thanks for the advise, i am staying in bangkok for a week total. Samui is mostly for scuba diving and other relaxing but that isnt gonna stop me from having some fun. I may extend my bangkok stay.  I did get the pleasure of visiting pattaya back in 2005 but only for a couple nights.

#5 batman4ever

batman4ever

• Moderators
  • 4,822 posts
  • LocationScandinavia

Posted 17 February 2014 - 10:12 PM

For scuba you might as well visit Phuket...then you have 10 times more ladyboys around :)

and my personally advice...dont spend so many days in BKK...its just not worth it if you dont sleep all day...and party all night, you will get tired ;) also BKK is more expensive than Pattaya...so take some days there too :rock:

A ladyboy is a kind of creature...that makes a txt saying...dont you trust me...and send it to 20 people... :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:

https://www.facebook.com/ladyboyforum

#6 brad654

brad654
  • Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 10:56 PM

Thank you I will consider phuket. I am gonna be in bangkok From april 17th- 22nd then 7-9th. Im gonna do some freshwater fishing. Any info on phukrt I should review to cater to my particular tastes ;)

#7 thailover57

thailover57
  • Members
  • 1,291 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 11:45 PM

I'm with other posters. You can find great diving in Phuket, and incredible (ladyboy) diving at C&D's there.
Old, cantankerous, and sorry if I piss you off - well, not really. Just enjoy!

#8 brad654

brad654
  • Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 12:06 AM

Any location or hotel suggestions

#9 batman4ever

batman4ever

• Moderators
  • 4,822 posts
  • LocationScandinavia

Posted 18 February 2014 - 10:27 AM

have a look inside our section called travel &accomodation ;)

A ladyboy is a kind of creature...that makes a txt saying...dont you trust me...and send it to 20 people... :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:

https://www.facebook.com/ladyboyforum

#10 Moo Yung

Moo Yung
  • Administrators
  • 649 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 10:48 AM

I'm by no means the Phuket expert but Patong is the place to be for ladyboy action - not sure where you need to be situated for diving, I'd asume you book with a diving company and they collect you from your hotel.

#11 brad654

brad654
  • Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 10:56 AM

Thanks for that, Has anyone done all three cities? Is there flights into pattaya?

As far as other things to do is Pattaya or Phuket better? Like animals or attractions?

Sorry for the 50 questions its nice to meet people with similar tastes. Im from Utah in the states and its probably the worst state for our particular desires.

#12 Moo Yung

Moo Yung
  • Administrators
  • 649 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 11:45 AM

You can fly from Phuket to Pattaya and vice versa, via Utapao airport, which is 30 mins form Pattaya. But with Bangkok a 90 min ride and 1000-1500 Baht taxi away, I would still fly too and from BKK or even DMK rather than pay the extra to fly on a smaller flight from Pattaya. 

There's plenty to do in both Pattaya and Phuket, animals and attractions aplenty. Pattaya has much much more nightlife and ladyboys (though there's still plenty in Phuket), and Phuket has much better beaches and islands. It all comes down to your personal preference.

• batman4ever likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Smooci