Check In Bar, Bangkok

• Please log in to reply
901 replies to this topic

#37 Mimosa

Mimosa
  • Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 02:14 AM

Thank you Jimbo, Aussieguy, Dixon cox, Thailover57  :notworthy:  :notworthy: .. :) .I did not expect to be as well informed  :notworthy:  :notworthy:

"You do not let frighten by the changeā€¦"

#38 jimbo34

jimbo34
  • Members
  • 9,813 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 02:41 AM

:giveup:  Fair play to you Mimosa - you didn't respond aggressively to my rather terse post.

But honestly, the pavements along Sukhamvit are falling down with LBs after 1am. Both sides of the road! You just can't miss 'em.

#39 aussieguy

aussieguy
  • Members
  • 669 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 04:12 PM

Jimbo offered advice in his own inimitable way! I noticed you weren't on the offering advice side, but rather the side taking a fellow BM to task. This isn't a newbie zone. The info was available if the poster had bothered to read the entire thread. With Jimbo on this one.

well hoorah for you

#40 thailover57

thailover57
  • Members
  • 1,291 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 12:02 AM

I wanted to respond with another sarcastic comment, but realized that's what feeds him (aussieguy). Sorry, find another feeding trough.
Old, cantankerous, and sorry if I piss you off - well, not really. Just enjoy!

#41 dixon cox

dixon cox

Monkey Nut

• Moderators
  • 7,150 posts
  • LocationCentral Pattaya

Posted 16 September 2013 - 07:22 PM

What on earth has happened in Bangkok?!

What was once claimed to be the greatest ladyboy bar in Bangkok, perhaps even on the planet according to some, has recently become the worst.

Yet despite there being plenty of dedicated ladyboy bars in the Thai capital it suddenly seems some tables and chairs huddled together along the roadside near Sukhumvit Soi 5 close to McDonalds has been elevated to the top of the tranny-totty-tables and is now the best thing since sliced-bread.

TiT  :mellow:

Attached File  cib.jpg   62.67KB   5 downloads

• MJCASS50 and Aces Up like this

Meum cerebrum nocet

#42 Woof1

Woof1
  • Members
  • 910 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 10:01 PM

DC,

It's one way to dodge Higher Bar Fines and High Drink costs.

Been on the stretch in the past after 10PM on the Landmark side.

Seems this has evolved to both sides of the Sukhumvit.

One advantage I see is "No Walk of Shame" there,

So many LB So Little Time

#43 dixon cox

dixon cox

Monkey Nut

• Moderators
  • 7,150 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 10:43 PM

Yes, very true.

The action down Sukhumvit has always been plentiful during the early hours for as long as I can remember, often seeing the same girls you had a drink with earlier that night in a bar. Nothing new, but it's a bonus.

All this just goes to show how much money you can needlessly throw at a bar only to be usurped by a few old tables and chairs along the side of the street. This place has all of a sudden got a big fanclub singing it's praises. It makes me wonder if any farang have invested in a stool or a table there.

Barfines are commonly, if not always, applicable at these street-side bars, but not at the food-stalls and tables, so wait until they're hungry.

Meum cerebrum nocet

#44 mardhi

mardhi
  • Members
  • 2,245 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 12:18 AM

What was once claimed to be the greatest ladyboy bar in Bangkok, perhaps even on the planet according to some, has recently become the worst.

Yet despite there being plenty of dedicated ladyboy bars in the Thai capital it suddenly seems some tables and chairs huddled together along the roadside near Sukhumvit Soi 5 close to McDonalds has been elevated to the top of the tranny-totty-tables and is now the best thing since sliced-bread.

TiT  :mellow:

attachicon.gifcib.jpg

Just look at the photo's of the girls and then look at the photo's of girls from the other bar.   The answer should be very obvious as to why this is way more popular.    but its not just pretty girls.  Guy's like to go where they have FUN.  They don't really want to go to a bar where they feel more depressed when they leave than when they entered.  

• PokerInTheRear likes this

#45 mardhi

mardhi
  • Members
  • 2,245 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 12:22 AM

Yes, very true.

The action down Sukhumvit has always been plentiful during the early hours for as long as I can remember, often seeing the same girls you had a drink with earlier that night. Nothing new, but it's a bonus.

All this just goes to show how much money you can needlessly throw at a bar only to be usurped by a few old tables and chairs along the side of the street. This place has all of a sudden got a big fanclub singing it's praises. It makes me wonder if any farang have invested in a stool or a table there.

Barfines are commonly, if not always, applicable at these street-side bars, but not at the food-stalls and tables, so wait until they're hungry.

Quite a few guys have been in BKK in the last 2 weeks.   The comments they are making are totally their own.  They went everywhere and for the most part have plonked their arses night after night at this bar.    Combination of 100b beers, lots of totty and great service from the owner who is always onsite running things.   Its a tough one to beat.  

As far as I know - June owns her stretch of sidewalk by herself (at least from 11pm to 6am LOL).   There are no foreigners involved however there are plenty willing her on to get another bar in the area.   

#46 dixon cox

dixon cox

Monkey Nut

• Moderators
  • 7,150 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 12:37 AM

Quite a few guys have been in BKK in the last 2 weeks.   The comments they are making are totally their own.  They went everywhere and for the most part have plonked their arses night after night at this bar.    Combination of 100b beers, lots of totty and great service from the owner who is always onsite running things.   Its a tough one to beat.  

As far as I know - June owns her stretch of sidewalk by herself (at least from 11pm to 6am LOL).   There are no foreigners involved however there are plenty willing her on to get another bar in the area.   

Very good reply mardhi. You're smart enough to know I was angling for a response from you and you gave it. Props where they're due.

I haven't been in Bangkok for a while so I'm yet to sample the Check-In Bar. But like anywhere of interest I intend to go see for myself next time I'm there. Any place serving drinks where our special girls gather can only be a good thing  :mrgreen:

Meum cerebrum nocet

#47 duke007

duke007
  • Members
  • 1,614 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 07:50 AM

Just look at the photo's of the girls and then look at the photo's of girls from the other bar.   The answer should be very obvious as to why this is way more popular.    but its not just pretty girls.  Guy's like to go where they have FUN.  They don't really want to go to a bar where they feel more depressed when they leave than when they entered.  

And perhaps they are going there because they dont have to pay 600-800 baht barfines, 175 baht ladydrinks and 120+ baht drink prices to have FUN :)

What she asked of me at the end of the Day,
Caligula would have blushed

#48 duke007

duke007
  • Members
  • 1,614 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 07:59 AM

And even the best looking ladyboys on the Planet, even though they were more plentiful in a couple of bars in the NEP :)

btw...I am not have a 6am pissed up rant here ;)

What she asked of me at the end of the Day,
Caligula would have blushed

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Smooci