Penthouse Hotel - Pattaya's Guest Friendly Hotel

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
137 replies to this topic

#49 Penthouse Hotel

Penthouse Hotel
  • Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 08:32 PM

Not at all convincing, please refer to our previous post and our raised points, Nos. 1, 2 and 3.
And we are still waiting for some recognised proof as to how payment was allegedly made as it would appear that it wasn't, and certainly not, in the manner so described which was the body of your complaint.
Nice photographs (lower grade room category), but I fear that your previous hotel (and since referred to in a recent posting today by others?) would certainly be more suitable for you in future visits, real or imagined. :thai:

#50 pacman

pacman
  • Members
  • 436 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 10:12 AM

I am starting to get a picture of what the Penthouse has had to put up with all these years. I have reserved my judgement at times when they told me about troublemakers on the internet telling outrageous tales about the hotel. Surely no one would keep up this campaign for so long. At least that's what I thought.

But -J-'s original post slammed the hotel as a "shithole". Nothing subtle about his criticism, no explanation offered initially, then he gave us a story that simply doesn't stand up.

And I want to correct something in my earlier post when I sympathised with -J- for having to put up with a jack hammer going off at 8am. In trying to be completely fair, I wrote that I wouldn't like it either. I wrote that I heard the noise, I agreed that 8am was not guest friendly.

Last night I thought about it & realised that no jack hammer ever started before 2pm. I saw that mentioned in the hotel's response & started piecing together my recollections & I remember that when asking the girls on the front desk why all the noise, they told me that when renovations started, the builders had the jack hammer going at 8am. That lasted a very short time, maybe a day or two, the hotel would have no guests at all if the 2pm policy hadn't been enforced.

However, the 8am noise has passed into folklore & if anyone wants to list reasons why the Penthouse is off-limits, this 8am furphy is top of the pile.

Now that -J-'s claims have been exposed as fraudulent, I hope fellow BMs who have long shunned the Penthouse on the basis of this misinformation campaign reconsider their opinion.

In my opinion, if -J- has been in the hotel, it wasn't for long. Probably a ST but any more than that & he would realised how silly it is to claim that his service bill had been padded. IT IS SIMPLY NOT POSSIBLE FOR ANYONE'S ROOM BILL TO BE MORE THAN WHAT WAS ORDERED! All dockets are signed, EVERY LAST ONE!

And he never had an issue with the desk trying to extort more money than he was quoted. NEVER!! With pre-payments & deposits required to reserve a room, IT IS COMPLETE BULLSHIT TO SUGGEST HE WAS ASKED FOR MORE THAN HE WAS QUOTED!

But there have been mentions over the years of leaking aircon units, I recall reading that on a trip report myself & the jack hammer story is known to anyone with an axe to grind with the hotel. Unfortunately for -J-, he added these stories to give his post credibility, but then he gilded the lilly with utter nonsense about how he was treated by "the girl with the stony face". She has been there for years & isn't employed to piss off paying customers.

If I was being quizzed about my time at the hotel, I would supply dates, room number, credit card amounts, etc. All we get are 3 photos, 2 of which are generic, the one of Beam may be real but what isn't real is the whole made-up load of nonsense that was served up as proof that the Penthouse is a "shithole".

I now believe the lengths to which some people will go to undermine one of the best hotels in Pattaya. And I will leave it to the court of public opinion to decide which is the greater crime - 3 or 4 newly registered members defending the place or someone posting a defamatory load of lies to support their hidden agenda.

Yes -J-, you should walk away from this debate because you can't support one single thing you wrote. Nice try though, you had me half believing you. Good luck at the Jasmine, I'm sure it's lovely.

#51 thailover57

thailover57
  • Members
  • 1,291 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 01:24 PM

This thread is tiring. Every venue in Pattaya has been subject to someone not liking it. I'm leaning to the hotel's side in this one lacking more info from -J-. (And I have to say, that's a lovely pic of Beam.)

Let it go, sack up and go someplace else. They say there are two sides to every story, but there are so many more here. Some like the hotel, you don't. Please let's move on.
Old, cantankerous, and sorry if I piss you off - well, not really. Just enjoy!

#52 Legend

Legend
  • Members
  • 3,923 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 04:13 PM

what an utter load of shite.
4 pages of an owner trying to plug his hotel, using 4 or 5 diferent usernames, and anyone with an opinion that they didnt enjoy their stay is rubbished as a bullshitter.
from what i read, its noisy with the building work, and the aircon drips.
but apparently thats the guests fault.

horse, flogging, dead.
"im sure if u look around u can find a sunken face under caloried 10 year vet tranny bar girl, her face might not be as uniquely sunken or her ass dents so dented but just have a look, life is full of options." - boomdraw.

#53 batman4ever

batman4ever

• Moderators
  • 4,822 posts
  • LocationScandinavia

Posted 01 April 2012 - 04:20 PM

what an utter load of shite.
4 pages of an owner trying to plug his hotel, using 4 or 5 diferent usernames, and anyone with an opinion that they didnt enjoy their stay is rubbished as a bullshitter.
from what i read, its noisy with the building work, and the aircon drips.
but apparently thats the guests fault.

horse, flogging, dead.

relax Ant...its proberly just Pattayas answer to Fawlty towers... :D
Manuel is their craftsman...and Basil does the web-marketing. :angel:

A ladyboy is a kind of creature...that makes a txt saying...dont you trust me...and send it to 20 people... :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:

https://www.facebook.com/ladyboyforum

#54 -J-

-J-
  • Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 05:51 PM

Yes yes I know this is getting beyond a joke and I really wanted to stay out of the gutter but I have no choice but to defend myself here.

Pacman did your mate Con DaForum upgrade your free accom again Because that is quite a flip, after your post I spent ages going through paperwork looking for a receipt and guess what I found it.

So lets get this sorted, you can see that I did indeed stay the three nights as I claimed. So first up take back your little rant about that.

So the next step I feel, is to find out who is telling the truth about the hammer drill(not the jackhammer) start up time in the morning. This was my most major complaint You and Con DaForum insist this does not Happen before 1400 WHERES YOUR PROOF. But I suppose you don't have to provide any, well sorry mate but you do too. Your mate Con should have the contract for the work being done on these dates, lets see what they say shall we.

Then the next step the amount charged, Your mate Con can see the room I stayed in and when I stayed in it, so how much should I have paid for the three nights. And lets not forget there was some kind off promo on at the time so forget that full price bullshit because I got it at a discounted rate. I cannot remember the exact detail but it was apparently supposed to be better than the walk in rate, if memory serves me right it was something along the lines of pay 2 get one free. SO HOW MUCH SHOULD I HAVE PAID

I remember when I first went in with Beam to ask I was told if I stayed three nights it would be less than 1000 pn there was no mention of leaving a deposit, I fear the only supporting evidence I have for this would be Beam herself but whats the chance she would go against the bar.

Then to the tab from the room, I personally never touch mini bars, what I do do in these circumstances is stock up on red bull and sports drinks that I would buy from a supermarket. However there was one drink consumed by one of my barfines and that's all there should have been on my room tab so it must have been the most expensive drink in LOS for the bill I got.

I can handle being scammed out of a couple of thousand baht, maybe if that's all it was. But to go through being woken up like that every morning while on holiday, and then to be given the cold shoulder when I try to get the matter addressed and then to be labeled a liar when I come forward that's just taking it to far.

And another thing pacman this was not a nearby room that was being worked it was the front of the hotel there was scaffold everywhere, and everyone near it would have been woken and the scamhouse would have known this but still rented out the rooms, that shows the kind of establishment this is.

To the forum members on the ground in LOS I will include a picture of Mai my barfine from my last night, she works at Linda bar so if you come across her see what she has to say about the noise and let the forum know. Or better yet anyone that was near the hotel at this time and heard the racket before 1400 please come forward.

And fair dinkum mate Con DaForum went right out of his way to mislead this forum and all of its members for profit, this clearly makes him a scammer how can you possibly defend his actions

Attached Files

#55 Penthouse Hotel

Penthouse Hotel
  • Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 06:21 PM

, .... OOPS !! here we go again, .. Nice Try ! .., An Invoice, ..No Name, .. NO Invoice Number ? .... And Most Strange of All !!.. .. NO Check-Out / Final Account Signature !! .. ( Must Still be hiding in the Cupboard somewhere ? ..) and all very crumpled ! Room looked a bit nice though, ! and probably not at all expensive, .. as for this continued money diatribe , as we have said before your Previous Hotel choice will probable serve your needs better,do you Still have any Pictures ? .. .. ( Thats If of course,that You really did stay with us at The Penthouse !, .. which we now doubt even more than ever ...) But the Picture .. Does looks Nice !. Dream On and may-be one day you really will visit us ..

#56 Guest_pentire_*

Guest_pentire_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 April 2012 - 06:36 PM

-J- why not just reveal your invoice number so that Penthouse Hotel can properly investigate your scathing accusations :? I know it shall reveal your identity to him but so what :shrug:

#57 -J-

-J-
  • Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 06:51 PM

I have provided ample proof that I stayed there despite Con and Pacman saying otherwise. I say its time for them to provide some proof for there argument because I know they cant. Despite all the lies and misinformation they have provided they have offered nothing of real substance as I have. Con you say this is a low level room, so how much should three night have cost me on the promo rate or are you just going to look it up in your files and say whatever is written in a corresponding record. The invoice clearly states I checked in on the 25th and out on the 28th. Once you start to provide some proof of your claims I will reveal the contents of the invoice. But I'm sure no matter what evidence comes forward there will be nothing but denials and accusations from you. Typical behavior for a scammer.

#58 juddershudder

juddershudder
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 06:54 PM

As per you A/C advice please don’t become a failed A/C engineer as well as a failed roofer!

My first reaction was that you were promoting another hotel but, after re-reading more A/C advice I realized that if your roofing business was to have been as good as you’re A/C advice I doubt if you would have had the money or business acumen…

#59 Penthouse Hotel

Penthouse Hotel
  • Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 07:09 PM

" Yes. You can afford THE PENTHOUSE " ... But SOME will always, for reasons that may not always be apparent at first read, not appear to Appreciate ! . . and may therefor Not be always Welcome ! ..

#60 Legend

Legend
  • Members
  • 3,923 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 07:20 PM

As per you A/C advice please don’t become a failed A/C engineer as well as a failed roofer!

My first reaction was that you were promoting another hotel but, after re-reading more A/C advice I realized that if your roofing business was to have been as good as you’re A/C advice I doubt if you would have had the money or business acumen…

another username.?
for fucks sake man, you spend a lot of time logging in and out.

dont take my advice regarding the overflow of the aircon.
just leave it to run onto the floor.
guests prefer it.
personally, i like it in my suitcase, but then i am a roofer.
bit of construction noise never hurt me.
im quite partial to giving my 9" grinder a blast in the mornings myself.
"im sure if u look around u can find a sunken face under caloried 10 year vet tranny bar girl, her face might not be as uniquely sunken or her ass dents so dented but just have a look, life is full of options." - boomdraw.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Smooci