#13 dixon cox

dixon cox

Monkey Nut

• Moderators
  • 7,150 posts
  • LocationCentral Pattaya

Posted 21 November 2011 - 08:41 AM

The Grand Palace

At the heart of Bangkok and the offical Bangkok residence of the present and past Kings of Thailand is the Grand Palace. It would be rude not to visit and get it ticked off the list.

Tourists were not allowed to use cameras inside the main temple, so a long zoom came in handy.

Bare legs and shoulders are not allowed, but long pants and wrap-arounds for the ladies are available to borrow.

Attached Files

Meum cerebrum nocet

#14 dixon cox

dixon cox

Monkey Nut

• Moderators
  • 7,150 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 01:45 AM

Yet another tuk-tuk ride through Bangkok.

For some reason I had a mild fascination with tuk-tuk rides back then, at least initially. I think it was to do with the fact that it all seemed so very new to me at the time. But I haven't been in a tuk-tuk for over 10 years now.

Meum cerebrum nocet

#15 sev7en

sev7en
  • Members
  • 3,650 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 01:54 AM

Interesting stuff, dc. This is something i need to do as well, go through my old vhs and DV films, i always find an excuse not to.
"some see an erotic photo display, me i just hope the hot water soothed her ageing joints."
-boomdraw

#16 dixon cox

dixon cox

Monkey Nut

• Moderators
  • 7,150 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 01:57 AM

Pattaya

A few days spent in Pattaya before heading up North. For some reason I didn't like Pattaya back then, but it grew on me some years later.

The beach looked empty and Koyo7 was only a twinkle in our eye.

Attached Files

Meum cerebrum nocet

#17 KendoUK

KendoUK
  • Members
  • 952 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 01:59 AM

strangely I took some tuk tuk footage on my recent trip just to tick that box. I liked seeing the beetle in that clip, haven't seen many of them in LOS despite seeing many of those VW vans (that transform into a bar).

The roar of their engine comes over well in that clip, how can something that makes so much noise have so little "powah"

I think the 320x240 res works well for forum postings.

zinc n B-6 deficiency's, tends to make folks post crazy things like ''your a fagg you never fuked a trannie prostitute''.. - Boomdraw

#18 dixon cox

dixon cox

Monkey Nut

• Moderators
  • 7,150 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 02:03 AM

Pattaya at night and the Million Years Stone Park & Pattaya Crocodile Farm

Again, sorry for the quality of the pictures :blush:

Attached Files

Meum cerebrum nocet

#19 KendoUK

KendoUK
  • Members
  • 952 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 02:07 AM

1m23 into the Pattaya night clip - "Quit Playing Games with My heart" by The Backstreet Boys... unmistakable. :D

zinc n B-6 deficiency's, tends to make folks post crazy things like ''your a fagg you never fuked a trannie prostitute''.. - Boomdraw

#20 dixon cox

dixon cox

Monkey Nut

• Moderators
  • 7,150 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 02:21 AM

Interesting stuff, dc. This is something i need to do as well, go through my old vhs and DV films, i always find an excuse not to.

Thanks sev7en. It feels a little self-indulgent doing all this but hopefully in amongst it all some of you might see something interesting. I personally enjoy seeing what comes next as I reminisce my way through the footage.

Regarding excuses, I've been making them for well over a decade with these tapes, but stumbled across them and thought I'd make a start. "Windows Live Movie Maker" certainly helps, and it's a piece of piss.

1m23 into the Pattaya night clip - "Quit Playing Games with My heart" by The Backstreet Boys... unmistakable. :D

Hehe, I enjoy the sounds as much as the images too.

I replayed the last tuk-tuk ride again just to have another look and listen to the beetle as it hoofed it up the inside.

Thanks guys :mrgreen:

Meum cerebrum nocet

#21 petesie

petesie
  • Members
  • 8,011 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 11:05 AM

Well done DC this is very entertaining and a provides good insight into how much and sometimes so little has changed over the years.

I hadn't gone digital then and all my 35mm snaps have disappeared over the years so nice once again to see shared memories of some of the various sights. :D
"My advice is just thank the god that doesnt exist for the rib he didnt take to create the women thats not a women that he didnt make for the naturaly uncut cock n enjoy it, they sure are fun." - Boomdraw

#22 four17

four17
  • Members
  • 82 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 11:10 PM

I can't get over that shot of the Central Patts beach with nothing but a few row boats on it, as opposed to what it looks like now: miles of umbrellas, peddlers, jet-ski rentals, crowds of tourists and the floating clubs and para-sailing just offshore.

Don't worry about the image resolution, DC, if I may say so. These old images are interesting, as an around-the-world trip report from more than a decade ago certainly is. Looking forward to the rest, to say the least.

#23 dixon cox

dixon cox

Monkey Nut

• Moderators
  • 7,150 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 01:16 AM

Well done DC this is very entertaining and a provides good insight into how much and sometimes so little has changed over the years.

I can't get over that shot of the Central Patts beach with nothing but a few row boats on it, as opposed to what it looks like now: miles of umbrellas, peddlers, jet-ski rentals, crowds of tourists and the floating clubs and para-sailing just offshore.

Don't worry about the image resolution, DC, if I may say so. These old images are interesting, as an around-the-world trip report from more than a decade ago certainly is. Looking forward to the rest, to say the least.

Thanks for the encouragement guys, very much appreciated 8)

It's probably boring to many as there is hardly anything or very little in the way of girlie action or mongering stuff. But as four17 said, if you've been to or know the same places from more recent times then it can interesting to see the difference. Pattaya Beach looks almost baron.

Meum cerebrum nocet

#24 rxpharm

rxpharm
  • Moderators
  • 3,339 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 01:37 AM

DC, good job sharing your old photos - it's looking back in time, a great way to contrast what things are like today.

Thanks for sharing and looking forward to more from you time capsule!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Smooci