The Low Season - Down And Out In Thailand

• Please log in to reply
385 replies to this topic

#25 Hoot

Hoot
  • Members
  • 707 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 10:04 PM

...The USA airlines would have charged $12.00 for it (360 baht). Not gourmet but it hit the spot.

Very true. The US Airlines have gotten horrible about this. You want a pillow? $2 please. Blanket? $3 please. Bathroom?...at least they haven't gone there yet.

#26 Guest_Vandal_*

Guest_Vandal_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 June 2011 - 10:35 PM

enjoying the tr hoot. had a chucklr to myself at the scaffolding picture.
would like to see the face of a health and safety executive(HSE) factory inspector if this was on a site in the uk :lol:

#27 xyzzy

xyzzy
  • Members
  • 1,708 posts
  • LocationPattaya

Posted 10 June 2011 - 12:30 AM

Choosing An Airline - Bangkok Air
When shopping for plane tickets, the best options I found were Bangkok Air and Air Asia. Air Asia seemed cheaper at first, but they nickle and dime you for everything just like an American Airline. By the time I went to check out on their website, the fair was higher than Bangkok Air's full rate.

Agreed on BKK Air and their prices have become more competitive with AirAsia especially if you are booking late. Had a morning flight from Phnom Penh to BKK not long ago and a good breakfast was served on only a one hour flight. Producing a copy of my frequent flier card meant no extra charge on my 25kg of baggage. And they have there own lounges in BKK, Phnom Penh and Phuket that anyone with any class of ticket can use. If they are close to AirAsia price wise I will use them in the future. However on routes where they have a monopoly their prices can be very high.

Sorry, back to the debauchery.
xyzzy is the "magic word" from the first computer adventure game and isn't capitalized

#28 Hoot

Hoot
  • Members
  • 707 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 09:17 AM

However on routes where they have a monopoly their prices can be very high.

I remember looking into a side trip to Angkor and the flight into Siem Reap was priced high enough where I decided to save it for another time...

#29 Hoot

Hoot
  • Members
  • 707 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 09:24 AM

Yorkshire Inn

This is one popular hotel with the customers of Cocktails & Dreams, or so the girls tell me. They even nicknamed the street it is on as Soi Quickly, as it is a short walk from bar to bed. I don't recall it getting much publicity on the forum, maybe because it is so well known, or maybe I missed it. I'll give some of my impressions for those that maybe interested.

I stayed in the new section in one of their large double deluxe rooms. I found them quite nice and spacious. They are done in the Boutique style that is so trendy now days. The polished concrete floors were not something I'd seen in Thailand before. They look good but can be slippery, I almost fell on a couple of occasions as I motored around the room in my socks.

Restaurant
The have a nice large restaurant and bar in the front of the house. Excellent food and decent, but I wouldn't say cheap, prices. I had the English breakfast there almost every morning and thought it superb. They also have a couple of other restaurants associated with the hotel but didn't try them. There are a lot of TV's in the bar/restaurant area available and often host the big sporting events.

Pool and Fitness Center
They have both available to guests, but I never checked out either of them. Not essential on my trips.

Complaints
Room Not Dark Enough - The glass block window in the shower gets early morning sunlight and places it squarely on your face - at least in the side of the hotel I was on. You can close the bathroom door, but even with the shade drawn the door has opaque slats and more light than I would like enters the room..

Noisy - I was near the stairwell and maid stand. It was a bit noisy in the morning and combined with the light woke me up almost every day. I don't know what they were doing out there but it was really annoying.

No balcony - I like to sit outside in the cool air and relax sometimes. Also, I don't smoke and like to have any overnight guest use the balcony if they prefer to do so.

Overall
Other than those annoyances, I was quite happy with the hotel and friendly staff. The location can't be beat. I'd definitely ask for a room further down the hall on the other side the next time around though.

#30 Hoot

Hoot
  • Members
  • 707 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 09:54 AM

Return To C&D

I had a great time last visit to Phuket and I was anxious to get to Cocktails & Dreams and get the night started. The clock ticked by ever so slowly as I waited to head down to the bar. I headed out about 9pm and was hoping things were already getting started.

When I arrived things were just getting rolling. Most of the staff had arrived, but more than a few notable faces wouldn't show up till later. I looked around the bar and was the only customer.

I grabbed a seat at the bar and nobody paid me much interest. This was OK with me as I never find getting pounced upon by a hoard of ladyboys asking for drinks all that welcoming.

A few girls stopped by and said they remembered me from my last visit, which was only 4 days almost two years ago. They remembered me as Donut's boyfriend - which wasn't the case, but I knew what they really meant. I had been smitten that trip for sure.

I can't recall who it was, maybe Kitty, told me I had gotten more pum puey since my last visit. Why I not go to gym and exercise? I might be offended back home. "Welcome back Hoot, my how fat you've gotten since I last saw you." But for some reason I enjoyed the honesty, though it might have bruised my fragile ego a bit.

Besides she was speaking the truth and I knew it. I'd added about 20 pounds in the last two years, about 30 pounds over my old fighting weight. This was not the first or last time I'd hear about it either. I'd be hitting the gym hard on my return home that's for sure.

#31 Hoot

Hoot
  • Members
  • 707 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 10:01 AM

As the night got on a bit, Nookie spotted some easy prey from across the room and gave me a big smile. She soon came and joined me for a drink or two. She's as beautiful and feminine looking in person as she is in her pictures. She also has great English skills and a funny, quirky personality.

#32 Hoot

Hoot
  • Members
  • 707 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 10:14 AM

Most of the girls in C&D enjoy having their pictures taken and I also don't mind buying a few drinks for the girls as the night goes on.

That being said, I took a picture of Nuoy, who is Nookies BFF. She posed for the picture then came over and told me I had to buy her a drink now in a not so friendly manner. This of course rubbed me the wrong way, I knew then that we would never be BFFs too.

#33 Hoot

Hoot
  • Members
  • 707 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 10:30 AM

Jimbo dropped by later in the eveneing and I reintroduced myself. He told me I looked more pum puey since the last visits. (No, not really)

We had a quick chat, and he was off to attend to business while I tended to Nookie.

After returning from a quick trip to the hognam, I caught Nicole seated a bit unconventionally as she chatted up a customer. I had to snap a photo for posterity. After she realized I'd snapped the photo, she turned around to pose for a few more.

I always liked Nicole, sweet girl that she is.

#34 Hoot

Hoot
  • Members
  • 707 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 11:21 AM

I stayed out a bit longer and drank a few more beers than I should have. But I was back and enjoying myself once again. Nookie was getting anxious to get out of the bar, so I paid my bin and we left.

We messed about in the bed for a while, but it just wasn't working for me. We just weren't clicking. At one point I lost interest, and when the spark is gone I'm done. I decided it was time for her to go, which she seemed none to happy about.

It was one weird session. It's not you dear, it's me.

I was 0 - 1 in Phuket.

#35 petesie

petesie
  • Members
  • 8,011 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 01:28 PM

I hear what yer saying Hootster...Never mind mate I'm sure we've all been there at some time during our trip... 8)

For me it's usually a combination of numerous small events which gather momentum until this Farang has had enough... :tantrum:

Nookie appears nice but if it hasn't clicked then so be it, we are not machines and neither are they.

I'm enjoying this wee bit different style of TR...it's nice.

Shame you never had a couple of wingmen to keep their eye on you... ;-)
"My advice is just thank the god that doesnt exist for the rib he didnt take to create the women thats not a women that he didnt make for the naturaly uncut cock n enjoy it, they sure are fun." - Boomdraw

#36 BigTel

BigTel
  • Members
  • 429 posts
  • LocationLinda Bar

Posted 10 June 2011 - 04:32 PM

[quote name="Hoot"]On to Phuket - Day 3

It looked more like I was approaching Skull Island in search of King Kong as opposed to Ladyboy Island in search of Queen Dong.

Love your wording here Hoot, brought a smile to me face :D

cheers Amigo :cheers:
I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Smooci