The Low Season - Down And Out In Thailand

• Please log in to reply
385 replies to this topic

#13 petesie

petesie
  • Members
  • 8,011 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 09:06 PM

Last one I had with braces got real passionate and just about chewed my lips off with the damn things... 8)

Brilliant report with that slightly different angle on it..keep it up Hootster!

:clapclap:
"My advice is just thank the god that doesnt exist for the rib he didnt take to create the women thats not a women that he didnt make for the naturaly uncut cock n enjoy it, they sure are fun." - Boomdraw

#14 soulboy

soulboy
  • Members
  • 1,346 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 09:28 PM

she wanted to leave because she was horny and I wanted to leave because I was hungry.

Great stuff brother Hoot I look forward to your adventures with anticipation 8)

#15 Pad Thai Boy

Pad Thai Boy
  • Members
  • 234 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 02:35 AM

Enjoying the report Hoot.

Like the day time thoughts and shots...........damn I'm missing
LOS at the moment,..... despite being summer in the UK

#16 Hoot

Hoot
  • Members
  • 707 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 09:51 AM

Cheers fellas.

Interesting you mentioned those braces Pentire. Now you and some of the other board members may already know this, but the following was news to me.

Girls in Thailand apparently have a thing for vanity braces. They have no medical or dental value, they are there for the looks only. The girls think it makes them look younger and cuter, and some times to give the appearance that they are from a higher social stature.

As a former braced faced kid who got more than his fair share of teasing as a metal mouth, I can't imagine why one would want to purposely add braces to a natural smile for the look.

#17 Hoot

Hoot
  • Members
  • 707 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 09:59 AM

After dinner we retired back to the room for some recreational exercise. She was as horny as she said, and being my first encounter since I landed I was feeling the same way. The deed was soon completed and we were both spent. I gave her some shoe money and sent her on her way. I wanted to sleep alone and get a solid nights rest.

#18 xyzzy

xyzzy
  • Members
  • 1,708 posts
  • LocationPattaya

Posted 09 June 2011 - 10:16 AM

This report is starting off with that jaded sort of feeling, welcome to the club. Will be interesting to see where it goes. I have often been a solo traveler.

I don't know any places to eat around Nana so I asked for a recommendation. She said she'd eaten at the restaurant in the middle of the car park before with customer. I found it an odd place for a restaurant, but once up on the deck it is actually quite nice, and the food was good. Where else but Thailand will they build an open air restaurant in the middle of a parking lot.

Too funny, I have walked by this place many times and never even considered going in. I am wondering why at the moment!? Looks too touristy?? Preconceived notions are a bitch.

Girls in Thailand apparently have a thing for vanity braces. They have no medical or dental value, they are there for the looks only. The girls think it makes them look younger and cuter, and some times to give the appearance that they are from a higher social stature.

Interesting! I used to avoid girls with braces in Thailand (as I did tattoos in the beginning). Those things seem like a distant memory. Last trip I saw some braces accented with different colors. I just though Thailand was backward because they didn't have white braces.

Carry on brother Hoot.
xyzzy is the "magic word" from the first computer adventure game and isn't capitalized

#19 Hoot

Hoot
  • Members
  • 707 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 01:03 PM

Bangkok - Day 2

Malaise Sets In

I was up early after a fairly good nights sleep. I had originally planned to get out and do some sightseeing, visiting Wat Arun and some other areas on the other side of the river. For some reason it just seemed like too much of a hassle to me. I really didn't feel like doing much of anything.

I could have easily lounged around the hotel all day, reading or doing nothing. But I told myself I didn't fly 16,000 miles to sit around a hotel room, I could do that at home. I forced myself to get dressed and head out.

I decided to wander around and look at some of the other hotels I had on my list for next time. I checked out the Boss and Aspen suites and the Heavens@4. That checked off my list it was still barely lunch time. I still had the whole day to kill.

I explored the area a little more, snapping a few more random pics to keep myself amused before I decided I'd had enough and headed to Hanrahan's Pub for a late lunch and a frosty beverage.

I ran into Nan at a food cart and had a quick chat before heading back to the hotel to lounge around.

Later in the day I once again found the rail at Big Dogs and settled in for the show. After my first beer I noticed the Thais starting to put up umbrellas and awnings. The sky had been overcast all day but I didn't see any rain coming down. I figured they knew something I didn't, so paid my bill and headed to the hotel.

Within the hour, the skies opened up with a full on thunder storm. Although it let up in an hour or two, I really wasn't in the mood to go out. I decided to not force the issue and settled in for a good nights sleep, I hoped I'd be feeling better tomorrow as I was headed to Phuket.

#20 thailover57

thailover57
  • Members
  • 1,291 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 01:13 PM

From Thaivisa.com in September 2009 - "Ministry targets 'harmful' trendy coloured teeth braces"
By Duangkamon Sajirawattanakul

"Manit said the trend for coloured braces, popular among teenagers due to their cheap price and easy access to unauthorised shops, was useless and harmful to health."

Link: http://www.thaivisa...._1#entry3029332

#21 Hoot

Hoot
  • Members
  • 707 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 08:52 PM

On to Phuket - Day 3

Awoke super early after a good nights sleep. I was a little disappointed in myself for not going out after the rainstorm, but I was in a funk. I realized I need to come back for more than just a couple days to really explore and enjoy Bangkok. It's a city that both intrigues and intimidates me.

After check out I head to the street to grab a taxi to the airport. A taxi driver tells me it will be 500 baht - no meter. I'm not in the mood to haggle over 3 bucks... OK I tried to haggle but he didn't budge. It was only a hundred baht more than the trip in so I said let's get on with it.

I got to the airport an hour early and the check in was quick. As I started to unload my gear onto the conveyer belt at the security check point I was greeted by the smile of a cute girl working security.
"Where you go?"
"Phuket"
"You go alone?"
"Yes"
"I go with you." she said with a smile.

That got a finger wagging and stern look from her older and more frumpy female co-worker...and a big smile from me. The random flirtation I sometimes experience in Thailand makes me feel dam good.

The flight is a quick hour and twenty minutes. You are up and down before you know it. It was an overcast day and on the approach into HKT, the haze started to clear and you could see rock outcroppings starting to pop out of the ocean amongst the mist. It looked more like I was approaching Skull Island in search of King Kong as opposed to Ladyboy Island in search of Queen Dong.

Choosing An Airline - Bangkok Air
When shopping for plane tickets, the best options I found were Bangkok Air and Air Asia. Air Asia seemed cheaper at first, but they nickle and dime you for everything just like an American Airline. By the time I went to check out on their website, the fair was higher than Bangkok Air's full rate.

Bangkok Air it was then. I'd flown them before and have very few complaints. The meal was bad and the seats were hard, but that's nothing new. The planes were satisfactory, and they got me there and back alive which is my most important criteria.

#22 Nick Bullseye

Nick Bullseye
  • Members
  • 2,009 posts
  • LocationParis, France

Posted 09 June 2011 - 09:22 PM

On to Phuket - Day 3

Choosing An Airline - Bangkok Air
When shopping for plane tickets, the best options I found were Bangkok Air and Air Asia. Air Asia seemed cheaper at first, but they nickle and dime you for everything just like an American Airline. By the time I went to check out on their website, the fair was higher than Bangkok Air's full rate.

Bangkok Air it was then. I'd flown them before and have very few complaints. The meal was bad and the seats were hard, but that's nothing new. The planes were satisfactory, and they got me there and back alive which is my most important criteria.

Very tru. I always take Bangkok Airlines when I fly to Phuket. Morover, the allow you 30kg of baggage instead of only 20kg if you adhere to their frequent flier program. This is especially advantageous if you take with you a scuba diving equipment as I do.

Nick Bullseye

#23 thailover57

thailover57
  • Members
  • 1,291 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 09:48 PM

I went to Phuket for four days last week and took Bangkok Air - 4,000 baht R/T. THe meal box wasn't horrible, potato salad a few slices of meat, fruit, a roll and a piece of cake - no charge. The USA airlines would have charged $12.00 for it (360 baht). Not gourmet but it hit the spot.

#24 Hoot

Hoot
  • Members
  • 707 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 10:03 PM

Very tru. I always take Bangkok Airlines when I fly to Phuket. Morover, the allow you 30kg of baggage instead of only 20kg if you adhere to their frequent flier program. This is especially advantageous if you take with you a scuba diving equipment as I do.

That's a good tip. I usually travel pretty light, but I'd like to get back and do some SCUBA myself. Though I was thinking of renting gear there as opposed to lugging it all the way from the states.

Sounds like I just missed your arrival in Phuket by a few days.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Smooci