787 replies to this topic

#769 topcat72m

topcat72m
  • Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 05 September 2014 - 02:38 AM

Some great info there Madman.

Thanks.

Have you thought about going back to the US. Can you bring your girl over.

#770 jfrank

jfrank
  • Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 05 September 2014 - 05:20 AM

Thanks Macman :) looks like the PI life is getting to you a bit! maybe a break would be nice :) perhaps Chiang Mai? I am pretty sure I ready about your annual trip to NYC, do you still miss the place after the visit?

#771 Macman

Macman
  • Members
  • 988 posts

Posted 05 September 2014 - 09:34 AM

Thanks, guys.  Yes, I miss New York and the rest of The States every single day.  We're going to try to get a tourist visa for Angel for my next trip in May, but it's difficult for any Filipino, let alone a ladyboy.  Ever since 9/11, it has become very hard, especially for people from economically poor countries (and, I suspect, for anyone who is not lily-white.)  I'm sure that a permanent move is out of the question.  Jfrank, if we take a break, I'd want it to be someplace that has seasons.  I know people say it's cool in Chiang Mai, but that's a very relative statement.  In New York,  I used to play golf with a guy from there, and he said that there's a brief period of time every year when there are cool breezes coming out of China, but it's still very, very hot. 

Actually living the dream.

#772 jfrank

jfrank
  • Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 05 September 2014 - 04:24 PM

HI Macman, it's not too hot this time of the year. gets much cooler  and foggier towards December. In around November people start to go shopping for winter clothing :) it's really nice and christmasy at that time :)

#773 Macman

Macman
  • Members
  • 988 posts

Posted 05 September 2014 - 05:33 PM

Jfrank, in the "-ber" months here, my golf mates come out to play in sweaters or light jackets, and they talk about how cool it has gotten.  All this while I'm standing there sweating, and thinking, "Somebody's crazy, and I don't think it's me."

• jfrank likes this

#774 jfrank

jfrank
  • Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 06 September 2014 - 12:44 PM

LOL :)

#775 Macman

Macman
  • Members
  • 988 posts

Posted 04 December 2014 - 05:36 PM

Shite. (I think I'm becoming British.)  Here we go again. Batten down the hatches. Another friggin' superstorm headed our way.  I'm getting too old for this.

• thailover57 likes this

#776 jaybee111

jaybee111
  • Members
  • 389 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 04 December 2014 - 10:57 PM

Hang in there and best of luck to you Mac.

#777 rxpharm

rxpharm
  • Moderators
  • 3,339 posts

Posted 05 December 2014 - 12:56 AM

Keep safe, and good luck to you, Angel and all friends and family!

• thailover57 likes this

:cnd:

#778 Macman

Macman
  • Members
  • 988 posts

Posted 05 December 2014 - 10:21 AM

Thanks, guys.

#779 Surin Nix

Surin Nix
  • Members
  • 1,686 posts

Posted 06 December 2014 - 05:31 AM

I self-edited my own posts, I imbibed far too much on the night of my birthday, and then, came in here and did some drunk posting. Never a good idea, regardless, I did not say anything derogatory towards you; however, I was incoherent in my remarks, so I deleted them. ;)

Just read this.

Been there. Done that.

The results are especially entertaining when Ambien is in the mix as well. I've had some "oh shit, I wrote THAT" moments over the years on this forum. That's why I dont't drink anymore.

...I don't drink any less, either.
Nix

#780 Macman

Macman
  • Members
  • 988 posts

Posted 06 December 2014 - 09:24 AM

Nix, interesting, but I don't get it.  Seems a bit misplaced. :D

• Surin Nix likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users