Moving into a relationship

• Please log in to reply
787 replies to this topic

#733 Macman

Macman
  • Members
  • 988 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 09:07 PM

Well, we're in Cebu again, which is the only reason I'm able to post this.  I'll be heading back to New York tomorrow for 2 months.  As I mentioned before, it's with mixed feelings.  BTW, JustSumGai, you mentioned that you wouldn't be able to leave if you were in my position.  One of the reason I need to go is something I never would have even thought of before.  Even though we were finally able to get a generator, we still have no access to the web or email because the internet box in our neighborhood is not up.  Because of that, I am completely cut off from my finances.  There are places I can go, such as here in Cebu, but I am not about to do any banking on a public access internet such as the one here in the hotel.  You have no idea what a feeling of isolation and helplessness it brings.  I haven't accessed any of my bank or brokerage accounts in 4 weeks.  For all I know, my accounts could have been hacked, and I'd have no way of knowing.  It happens (ask Thailover 57).  You might say, "Well, what did we do before the internet."  What we didn't do is worry about our accounts being hacked, that's for sure. 

You know, even with the generator, my feeling for the past 4 weeks is one of being covered in sweat, and being unable to sleep because of the brutal, relentless heat. My face always felt as if it were going to burst. Anyway, I'm going to hit the sack now.  My next post will be from the U.S.A.

Actually living the dream.

#734 thailover57

thailover57
  • Members
  • 1,291 posts

Posted 07 December 2013 - 01:15 AM

Mac safe trip for you. Praying that hacking hasn't hit you, but back in the USA you will probably be able to fix it faster than here. Again, safe trip and keep in touch.
Old, cantankerous, and sorry if I piss you off - well, not really. Just enjoy!

#735 Macman

Macman
  • Members
  • 988 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 01:31 AM

Well, I escaped the unrelenting heat, and now I'm sitting in New York FREEZING MY FRIGGIN' ASS OFF. (You just can't please some people.)

#736 thailover57

thailover57
  • Members
  • 1,291 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 09:09 AM

But it will make you appreciate your return that much more! Stay warm!

#737 scottieM

scottieM
  • Members
  • 297 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 11:19 PM

Macman, have been following your story from the start till the recent days.,
Are you able to be in touch with your beloved whilst you are now in NYC?

#738 Macman

Macman
  • Members
  • 988 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 03:03 AM

Scottie,we talk at least once a day on the phone. For some strange reason, it's cheaper to call the U.S. from The Philippines than it is to call your neighbor.  With Sun cellular service,using an IDD (International Direct Dialing) cell phone load, she can call me for 2 pesos a minute (4 1/2 cents U.S), but if she calls her friend down the block, it's 5 pesos (11 cents).  We're rebuilding her mom's house, and she keeps me up to date on that.  She has become so responsible and mature.  She goes to the site 2 or 3 times a day to be sure the work is being done.  Of course, being Angel, she also brings food and drink for the workers, and has even had them over to our place for dinner, so they can get some decent food, and enjoy the feeling of a fan, which we run off the generator  She also makes sure that the contractor gets the best price on the building materials, and has even gone to different suppliers to compare prices. She also continues collecting food, and distributing it to the people who are still suffering from the aftereffects of the storm (unemployment was very high before the typhoon; now it's sky high). I'm really very proud of her.  Thanks for your concern.

• thailover57, batman4ever, dixon cox and 1 other like this

#739 thailover57

thailover57
  • Members
  • 1,291 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 06:55 AM

Mac, love your posts and happy to see your Angel being an angel. Hope you get back soon to your real true love! AND GET OUT OF THAT WEATHER!

#740 Macman

Macman
  • Members
  • 988 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 07:18 AM

Haha.  It's friggin' freezing here, TL, but at least I can get out of the cold in the nice warm house.  Over there, there's no escaping the heat.  I miss Angel though.

#741 thailover57

thailover57
  • Members
  • 1,291 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 01:42 PM

I went up country for the holiday and froze my ass in 50 degree (Fahrenheit) weather! Can't imagine what's happening there and about to happen based on the news! Be safe and hope you get back to Angel soon.

#742 Macman

Macman
  • Members
  • 988 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 12:11 AM

Wow. 50 degrees F ( 10 degrees Celsius) (seems perfect now.  This morning it was 3 degrees F (minus 16 C) where I'm staying at my friend's townhouse at Lido Beach on Long Island.  My son, who lives about 40 miles north of NYC,  has a hatchback.  He couldn't open the driver or passenger-side doors because they were frozen, so he tried the back, and the handle snapped off.  Last night it was a perfect night for staying under a blanket, and watching the BCS football (American) game between Florida State and Auburn.  Great game!!!  (Just a little news for the American expats.)

#743 thailover57

thailover57
  • Members
  • 1,291 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 08:52 AM

Mac, love the posts! Apparently it's even worse today temp wise northeast. ,50 degrees in Roi-et got me in long shirts, pants and winter coat! Get back to the Phil's buddy. I'm sure she needs you.

#744 Macman

Macman
  • Members
  • 988 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 01:30 AM

I know she misses me, and is looking forward to my return, but I don't think she needs me, which is a good thing.  She is becoming very self-sufficient, which is what I want for her.  You've met us, so you know the age difference.  Barring some dreadful accident or illness, I'll be jumping off this realm long before she does, and I want her to be able to take care of herself.  As I said in an earlier post, I'm very proud of her.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Smooci