• Please log in to reply
127 replies to this topic

#13 xyzzy

xyzzy
  • Members
  • 1,708 posts
  • LocationPattaya

Posted 25 April 2010 - 03:38 AM

First signs of possible comprimise overnight, red leaders agreeing to elections in 3 months, could be something Abhisit will go with.

Well we can scratch that one:

PM rejects compromise deal to end protests

And after the election? If the Red Shirts win power back again, Tacky returns, and then it'll be the Yellow Shirts turn to protest and another military coup!! What a bunch of idiots! They cant see a hand in front of their faces!

There have been 15 coups in Thailand since 1946. Hard to not see the military back in power in the not to distant future.
xyzzy is the "magic word" from the first computer adventure game and isn't capitalized

#14 onetruesaxon

onetruesaxon
  • Banned
  • 2,281 posts

Posted 25 April 2010 - 04:37 AM

There have been 15 coups in Thailand since 1946. Hard to not see the military back in power in the not to distant future.

I was around there in 91 when there was Coup d'état. Lasted a year before the next one. Was planning to go back that way home after a year Oz, but decided against it. After they had another in may in May 92.

Plus Rajiv Gandhi was assainated in June 91 2 days into my travels in India. I had to get out and go to Thailand instead.

Best no one ever travel with me I am a jinx

#15 dixon cox

dixon cox

Monkey Nut

• Moderators
  • 7,150 posts
  • LocationCentral Pattaya

Posted 25 April 2010 - 04:55 AM

Best no one ever travel with me I am a jinx

Ok, you've twisted my arm.

Meum cerebrum nocet

#16 Conan111

Conan111
  • Members
  • 122 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 03:18 AM

This can very well end in a civil war

#17 RobiSLO

RobiSLO
  • Members
  • 1,902 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 04:24 PM

I’m afraid things won’t settle down like with other coups before, reds have now nothing to loose and finally one who can finance their activities… we will see.

BR

#18 Crackerjax

Crackerjax
  • Members
  • 1,727 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 02:35 PM

Getting back to the OP's main concern when he started this thread: Whorism. lol:

This just in from Thasright - some wiseguy commenting on today's AP story regarding the Red Shirts invasion of the Chidlom Skytrain station:

Red light districts are still running as normal. Nana and Soi Cowboy were open last night. I will check on Patpong and give a full report when I return. Stay tuned and God Bless.

In any crisis it's important to maintain perspective. :D

#19 ladedaa69

ladedaa69
  • Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 30 April 2010 - 09:00 AM

Someone mentioned last page it was dead -

is this a good thing or a bad thing?

Will I notice a difference from my last trip in early March ? i touch down on Tuesday afternoon.

#20 batman4ever

batman4ever

• Moderators
  • 4,822 posts
  • LocationScandinavia

Posted 03 May 2010 - 04:53 PM

dont know why....but iam getting a baaaad feeling about all this... seems like "quiet before storm" at the moment :blush:
the goverment wont give up...and niether will the reds...so something seems to be bound to happen... :redcard:
if i look in my crystal bowl, i see the goverment will make an attempt withinn 3-6 days, and then hell will break loose... :baby:

my only slight selfish hope is that all this will make the THB drop 20% :blush: ....or more... :harhar:

but iam serious worried that it will makes the ones we like suffer,as the tourist-sector will bleed... :tantrum:

A ladyboy is a kind of creature...that makes a txt saying...dont you trust me...and send it to 20 people... :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:

https://www.facebook.com/ladyboyforum

#21 Guest_CT8982_*

Guest_CT8982_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 May 2010 - 05:10 PM

where as most places suffer at low season, this red shirt shit will also play apart this years low season, just hope all our bars did good and can see themselves through this period where its uncertain what the fuck is gonna happen.

CT ™

#22 thailover57

thailover57
  • Members
  • 1,291 posts

Posted 04 May 2010 - 10:10 AM

I'm still wondering what happened to the 6,000 rifles that were stolen from the armory down south. There's some severe armament out there.

#23 Guest_Anonymous_*

Guest_Anonymous_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 May 2010 - 11:52 AM

#24 xyzzy

xyzzy
  • Members
  • 1,708 posts
  • LocationPattaya

Posted 04 May 2010 - 10:31 PM

I can recall a figure of tourism being 30 - 35% of GDP for Thailand

Tourism is 6-7% of Thailand's GDP. So not quite as much as we might imagine.
xyzzy is the "magic word" from the first computer adventure game and isn't capitalized

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Smooci