Under Emergency

• Please log in to reply
127 replies to this topic

#1 boobsfucker

boobsfucker
  • Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 10 April 2010 - 09:53 PM

How is going BKK & PAT night life under emergency?Any comment,pls....

#2 patrick

patrick
  • Members
  • 1,169 posts

Posted 23 April 2010 - 05:45 AM

Given the court ruling yesterday preventing the goverment using force against the red shirts, followed by the grenade attacks around Sala Daeng BTS station last night. We could well find that the state of emergency is superseeded by martial law.
It would seem things are going to get worse, in Bangkok at least.For
up to the minute information go to www.thaivisa.com
When I were a lad we had the one thing that money can't buy....poverty

#3 kliome

kliome
  • Moderators
  • 5,527 posts

Posted 23 April 2010 - 06:17 AM

Here in Pattaya it's business/pleasure as usually..

Judging by news reports it's not looking pretty in BKK, but the Thai's seem reluctant (unaware, or even uninterested) to talking about the current political problems. I guess that's Pattaya for you.

Dating ladyboys in Thailand Thai Friendly 

Meeting ladyboys around the world My Ladyboy Date

Best Thailand (and global) hotel deals Discounted Hotels

#4 Brit

Brit
  • Members
  • 1,468 posts

Posted 23 April 2010 - 03:28 PM

BBC news this morning saying Britain, the US and Australia have issued new warnings against travelling to Thailand in the attacks' aftermath.

Advising against travel. Dear oh dear... what are the thai people doing to their country.

Such warnings are unlikely to deter the frequent traveller who knows the score there - but its still a sad scene and will undoubtably damage the economy/livelyhoods of the girls there.

My thoughts to those who are killed/hurt/injured... and longer term to the small expat businessmen who are struggling already without need for this situation developing.
I spent a lot of money on LB's in Nana Plaza, Patpong and Pattaya. The rest of the cash, I just squandered

#5 budhas

budhas
  • Members
  • 370 posts

Posted 23 April 2010 - 04:37 PM

Its really pity what happend there. I hope they all find a answer there in Thailand but i think it needs much time. Also bad is this for the country Thailand and the normal People who live there. Because they destroy also the Tourist who wants to go to Thailand...For me i whould go in the moment to Thailand when its necessery but not to BKK. i think its better not to go there But other Places i hear from my Gf like Pattaya is really save....

#6 Guest_Anonymous_*

Guest_Anonymous_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 April 2010 - 06:39 PM

#7 budhas

budhas
  • Members
  • 370 posts

Posted 23 April 2010 - 08:57 PM

I have heard also that not really much Tourists at the moment in Pattaya. Really hope Thailand finds a answer for the Problems but i dont think so.

Everything is possible.... But hope for good End for thailand

#8 dixon cox

dixon cox

Monkey Nut

• Moderators
  • 7,150 posts
  • LocationCentral Pattaya

Posted 24 April 2010 - 01:16 AM

It's about time these activities had an impact on the Thai Baht against the US Dollar.

The British could then look forward to a double-whammy on the Baht, post elections, and everyone else a single.

Meum cerebrum nocet

#9 Coco

Coco
  • Members
  • 472 posts

Posted 24 April 2010 - 01:31 AM

It's about time these activities had an impact on the Thai Baht against the US Dollar.

The British could then look forward to a double-whammy on the Baht, post elections, and everyone else a single.

i been looking at the exchange rate thinking the thai baht will fall but after looking around i found this on another form about the thai baht and i think it makes sence
Riots included, Thailand expects 6% growth in GDP in 2010. Has less than 1% unemployment, and the government is running a deficit of less than 4% of GDP.
Care to compare those statistics to the US or Euro zone?

Basically I think the problem is that Thailand has a vibrantly growing economy based on sound fundamentals. (granted it much easier to grow when your starting point is shit) The US economy is currently fueled primarily on government borrowing and printing money, following a long period of growth based on private borrowing. Not any kind of sound basis for an economy. Euro zone sucks even more than we do on the debt issue. The Japanese economy is inexorably tied to the US economy.

Thus Baht up, Dollar and Yen down, Euro REALLY down.

#10 patrick

patrick
  • Members
  • 1,169 posts

Posted 24 April 2010 - 06:11 AM

First signs of possible comprimise overnight, red leaders agreeing to elections in 3 months, could be something Abhisit will go with.
Regarding exchange rates DC, I think the weakness in sterling has more to do with domestic issues rather than an overstrong baht. Take the pound against the Aussie dollar, traditionally around $2 to the pound. For the last few months you can only get $1.66.
Hopefully things might pick up after the uncertainty of the election.
When I were a lad we had the one thing that money can't buy....poverty

#11 jimbo34

jimbo34
  • Members
  • 9,813 posts

Posted 24 April 2010 - 01:44 PM

And after the election?
If the Red Shirts win power back again, Tacky returns, and then it'll be the Yellow Shirts turn to protest and another military coup!!
What a bunch of idiots! They cant see a hand in front of their faces!

#12 Legend

Legend
  • Members
  • 3,923 posts

Posted 24 April 2010 - 03:19 PM

when i left, there was a checkpoint as we cut off for the airport.
police waved us to stop, looked in to see old sexy bollox sitting there, and let us carry on.
the army were stationed just after the police.
looks like they are determined to stop the airport shite again. 8)
"im sure if u look around u can find a sunken face under caloried 10 year vet tranny bar girl, her face might not be as uniquely sunken or her ass dents so dented but just have a look, life is full of options." - boomdraw.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Smooci